Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: ragnarokxgemini`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
As a general WoW player, I like to think of myself as casual-hardcore. I try to avoid taking things too seriously, but at the same time I revel in being intensely knowledgeable about the classes that I play. When it comes to RP, I find that I'm still discovering who I am. I hope that being part of a community like this one will help with that process.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from the northeastern United States and speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Warcraft was a slippery slope for me. It was one of those games that I resisted, even hated, purely because I knew that if I got into it I would be taken for life. I finally got sucked in when a friend from high school returned from his first semester of college with a WoW subscription. I made a character, toyed around for a few levels, and I was hooked.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I actually stumbled upon this server by accident. Before arriving here, I didn't know private RP servers existed. I was trying to find a cataclysm beta private server and the link to Conquest of the Horde just happened to pop up.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I've only ever really tried a few types of role play. I really enjoy the process of building a friendship with another character over the course of a series of quests or a dungeon. Tavern roleplay appeals to me in a small way, but I've never tried it.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I really enjoy Gnomes and Dwarves, and all the class combinations therein. Specifically, I enjoy playing Gnomes for their childish wonder and unmatchable intellect. My favorite type of Gnome to play would probably be a Warrior, at least from an RP standpoint, because of the weight that the Gnomes as a people seem to put on the arcane or crafting as the focus of their lives. It's interesting to see a Gnome break apart from that to take up the sword and shield.

As for the Dwarves, I find myself drawn to Dwarven Hunters. The idea of the lone survivalist, foraging off the land with his trusty companion, really sets my fantasy tail a-wagging.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm hoping that this server is able to provide me an environment to grow as a role player, and is able to give me an opportunity to both tell my own humble stories and hear some amazing stories in return.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I have to say that I really like the ones pertaining to spelling, grammar and overall language usage. In a game like WoW, it's very easy to forget the simple rules, even when you're RPing.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
((This is a short story I was given fifteen minutes to write, as a challenge in a college English class. It hasn't been edited in any way, shape or form so that you can see the full extent of my abilities, good or bad, in their raw form.))

Sweat forms a hanging droplet on his nose. He's standing still, breath coming in shallow, shuddering gasps. The linen strap around his neck feels abrasive. His stomach feels clenched, as though waiting for an incoming punch. He feels sick. Scared. Unprepared.

There are screams coming from beyond the curtain, As though a pack of wild dogs have found a wounded deer. Savage noises. Among the screams are whistles, hoots, cackles of wicked laughter. He knows they're out there, waiting to judge him. Glancing to the side, he can see that his comrades are just as nervous. Just as sick. Just as scared.

They're not ready for this.

A grim looking attendant walks in front of them on his way to the door, his unsmiling face boring an almost disapproving gaze into their skulls. He holds his hand up.

Five.

Scott is to his immediate left, looking as though he wants to paint a landscape on the curtain, his breakfast the only medium for his art. He's nervously gripping his sticks, rolling them, tapping them on his knee.

He's the youngest. The most unprepared of them all, these four, this motley crew. They talked him into it, but it took all his will just to show up today.

To the left of Scott is Alyssa, her fingers clasped together, her eyes darting nervously. Every now and then, she unwraps the cord from her wrist and changes it to the other. She gulps. Her dark hair is matted to her face and tangled in her glasses. She's the leader, but she looks the most apprehensive.

To his right is James, his brother. Only he looks calm. A placid sort of expression has taken over his features, the look one might adopt before facing a firing squad. He seems almost bored with the procession.

The screams outside escalate. They're ready. They want blood.

The same attendant rushes back in.

"It's time. Curtains are going up."

He takes a breath, nodding to the attendant, then looking to his mates, his comrades in arms. Alyssa looks straight into his eyes.

"You ready, Phil?"

He nods.

"I think so."

The curtains fly apart, and though he knows the crowd is there, an undulating mass of bored expressions and judging looks, he can't seem them over the lights. He swallows. His fingers grip the fretboard.
"Hello everyone!" Comes the voice, the announcer, the faceless presenter in the top box.

"We can do this," James whispers to Alyssa, squeezing her hand once before taking his seat. The four of them share glances, then focus on the screen in front of them. The crowd begins to cheer harder.

"Welcome to the third annual Westmore High School Variety Show!"

He's calm suddenly. It's just him, his guitar, and the screen.

"Our first act is a local group, newcomers to the Variety Show. Give it up for Rock Band tournament champions No Tomorrow!"

The fretboard is on the screen. The music starts.

He grins.

They can do this.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I think I'm good. Thanks for taking the time to read my application!
A lovely introduction!

Welcome to the server!