Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Sarcor`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hello there! I am Sarcor and I'm 17 years old. (I'm a bit intimidated by all this formalness and the fact that most introductory posters are all in their twenties). I have been actively roleplaying for the past 3 years or so and love being in epic, long term roleplays! I only roleplayed by play-by-post method on forums. But as soon as I figured out with my silly old brain that I could combine my love for World of Warcraft with roleplaying just a few days ago, well. It was a eureka moment for me. So I used my trusty Google engine and landed here! I love writing, love reading more, and occasionally draw to let loose my over-reactive imagination. I am most definitely a stickler for long roleplays because, frankly, character development usually can't happen within a few days of roleplaying for me. Oh and also, love dragons to death. You could say i'm a bit crazy when it comes to that.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I wasn't born in the USA, but lived here for the past 16 years. I was born in Ukraine, and I speak English, sad to say, primarily. My Russian used to be my first language, but it has faded dramatically over time.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I was there in the beginning. I was so excited to get my first computer game called Warcraft: Orcs and Humans. From there, Warcraft has been steadily growing and I with it. But as soon as World of Warcraft came along and my parents said enough was enough and I was unable to enjoy it. Till recently, that is. I discovered private servers and sampled a great deal of them. But I would still like to be there in the official servers, money wasn't such as issue.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
As I said before, I used my friendly google search, and it seemed to me if you guys were on the top of the google list, I might as well try it out. After that, it looks like you all take roleplay very, very seriously. And I appreciate attitude like that.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
What a difficult question. I really have a wide range. But one thing that I really like is the epic feel. Whatever the roleplay, action/adventure, sci fi, fantasy, romance and even social experiments (Now that's a very interesting story, but i digress), it needs to have that feel for me to fully enjoy it. The scale needs to be huge for me and World of Warcraft most definitely satisfies it.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Since, I haven't really played that much in terms of strictly World of Warcraft, just its real time strategy predecessors, I decided to go with dwarves. It turns out the lore on them is really quite interesting and I am very excited to roleplay them. Its hard to say which one thing about them is so interesting though. Maybe it has to do with the idea of discovering their own past, finding out they are the creations of the very beings who shaped their world, or maybe that their purpose was an important task in the story of the world.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Well, since you guys are extremely serious on the rules and regulations of this server, a basic respect and consideration of the golden rule (treat people like they would treat you) would be in effect. Anything else from that, I hope for some exciting and deep immersion in the roleplays!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The rule I like the most would probably be the medium to fast typing, aside from the respect rules. Since it would be real time roleplaying, I find myself happy to know people can respond that quickly to me and my unusually long fingers.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Frost clung to his beard as it swayed in the cold, unforgiving wind. The cold tried to penetrate the dwarf's entire body as he stalked through the dead, splintering trees. The wind swept through the erratically placed trunks, skimming the surface of a particularly deep snowfall. Branches were flung this way and that, keeping up with the fast paced air.
Thankfully, not even the bone chilling breeze could make its way into his well padded, insulated wool tunic underneath his chainmail. The dwarf's armor almost jingled as he hastily hid behind one of the great trees, larger than the rest. Pulling his hood from his head, the dwarf let out a sigh and peeked over the side of the bark, trying to assess what he saw before him. He smiled.
The troll encampment was right where his superior told him it would be. Seems the Frostmane have become increasingly bolder in their attacks on Coldridge. He was going to have to do something about this problem. The scene was no less troubling a second time around as the dwarf surveyed the scene.
Trolls littered every piece of the picture. The white haired, blue tinged, beady eyed hunched over humanoids were in the various stages of boredom as they sat, walked around and generally insulted each other in Low Common. The camp itself did not seem to be in any sort of established order, it was just an assortment of huts and tents with weapons and equipment lying around the edges.
Toward the outward edge of the outpost, stood two arguing Troll guards, obviously too much into the heat of the argument to pay any attention to their surroundings like they were supposed to. The dwarf mentally snorted. Probably whelps considering their behavior, easy to take out.
The two guards continued to quarrel while the dwarf edged out from behind his cover. He silently waited as the breeze abated slowly before moving just an inch out, his solid leather boots crunching the snow beneath him softly.
It was at this moment that the two Trolls decided to stop their heated debate about who had the strongest throwing arm to take breath when the sound permeated their naturally long ears. They both paused and hastily turned to look toward the direction of the sound. Meeting their eyes was a white expanse dotted with trees and nothing else. Shrugging, the two Trolls shifted a bit away from each other and started to continue their useless banter once again.
Suddenly, without warning, the two trolls found themselves lacking healthy spines as two axes appeared instantly in their backs. The two axes were thrown at the base of the neck for a quick and silent, yet messy kill. The dwarf who threw these two weapons stood silently out in the open, wondering if it was as easy as this.
The two bodies had covered the pure white snow with their dark blood; a splatter dominated the area, reaching the great tree even. The dwarf looked behind him sharply as he caught another troll coming to relieve the currently dead youths lying before him.
The new Troll's eyes widened at the scene before opening his mouth and shouting the alarm, again in Low Common, “Dwarv! DWARV!” His tusks seemed to bulge out of his comical under bite. His beady eyes flashed as he drew a dagger and ran screaming at his opponent.
The Dwarf cursed at his recklessness at satisfying his bloodlust for admiring his kills and drew his trusty old battleaxe to prepare for what was probably going to be a very bloody, ugly fight.
Typical day, all thanks to me. The dwarf advanced on his enemy as the entire camp sprung into action. All the Trolls fixed their eyes on the lone Dwarf, chanting “Kill”.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
A lovely introduction!

Welcome to the server!