Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Firinfae`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm 24 years old, and I live in SC, I'm a gamer, musician, and just a chill type of guy. I started playing WoW a little before BC dropped, and then began playing hard core as a Blood Elf hunter. I joined an RP/PvP server, in order to enjoy some good ol' RP, but it still seemed to lack in that department. I'm just generally interested in a full RP server!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
US, and I speak English, obviously ;)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I have always been a fan of MMO's, played most of them back when you were still able to count them, EQ, EQ2, SWG, T4C, CoH, AoC, and just generally any MMO I could try. WoW has always managed to be a overall greater MMO, so I got into it, and played it for years!

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I google searched "Private RP WoW servers", and got this. I honestly haven't really looked at other servers yet, just liked the way this one was.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
All types, honestly. I'm a table top gamer myself, and a LARPer, so I enjoy pretty much any! I'm not a fan of god modding though, and I won't lie, if you, a level 47 character, tell me you slayed Arthas, I probably won't RP with you. I'm very much a "do it" kinda guy.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Blood Elf Hunter! Yes! I love the Sin'dorei lore, it intrigues me. I've spent a lot of time looking up lore on WoW, so much that I probably should have done more schooling, honestly. Originally I picked the Blood Elf cause they were a "Pretty" Horde race, but after playing them, and learning their lore, I fell in love with them. As far as hunters, I just generally like ranged combat, and the addition of a pet.

Oh, though this wasn't asked, I am also a fan of Engineering, I find it enjoyable!

What are your expectations of this server?:
To find some decent folks to RP with, and generally kill some time till Cataclysm drops. Not a lot to say here, cause I don't know really what I'm looking for, aside from good people.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
By far, No god modding. Which brings me to a question, and something that has always rubbed me the wrong way. Say I'm level 80, and a hunter, and you're level 1, and a rogue, in my opinion if your stealthed and I can see you via game rules, I should be able to find you. That's not god modding, right? That's just general "Power via achievement," right?

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Now, this is my own characters story from the realm I play, so I hope you accept this cause I really like it. Keep in mind I fully intend on starting it over, seeing as how I'll be starting on this server as level one, and by all means, the start of the story is not any type of link to any characters. I do mention strong lore characters, but my character never directly interacts with any of these characters on a personal level.

-------

It was as though his entire life had flashed before his eyes, as he lay dying in the snow. He could remember his home, where his father taught him to hunt and trap, deep within the forests outside of Quel'Thalas, and the cool touch of the ocean breeze as he sat on the beaches, and looked off into the distance. How he had always wondered what was across those seas. As a child he dreamed of dragons flying above the oceans, into a land that was unknown to any of the Sindorei. He and his other two brothers would spend the warm months enjoying the forests and rivers, and the cold months sitting by a fire as their father would tell them epic tales of how the Sindorei came to be. Of the heroic deeds of the people that they descended from.

And now, he lay bleeding on the lands that he once dreamed of as a child, rage still burning inside of him, knowing that if he just had the strength to stand, that he would fight this scourge until he let out his final breath. At this point, his weapon had fallen to far away from him, and his companions had all either fallen to the terrible undead that they fought, or had moved on.

Arthas... That damned beast of a man, it had been his doing, he who had destroyed his home, and he who he lusted to drive his blade into. Beast... no, not even a beast would do such a thing, Arthas was something else. When he heard that the undead had began to move into the lands south of Quel'Thalas, he had become worried for his elderly father and his youngest brother. It was not long ago that he and his brother, Clydde, had joined the Quel'Thalas Guard, but Clydde had chosen a different path, the path of the Blood Knight, so he was deep within the city. Without searching for his brother, Firinfae left his post, and began to head home, to warn his family of the incoming threat.

By the time he had made it to the woods near Tranquillien, the threat had already moved through where he had once lived, the locals were fleeing, and a small battalion under the Ranger-General Sylvanas Windrunner was all that was standing between Arthas and his minions. To attempt to push beyond Tranquillien at this point would have been nothing more then suicide, so he headed back to warn Quel'Thalas of the incoming threat, hoping his father and brother had escaped with the rest of the refugees.

Following the destruction of the Sun Well, Firinfae and the city guards had been pulled out by Kael'Thas Sunstrider, to aid the humans in a war against what would be known as the Scourge, and Firinfae would stay loyal to Kael's lead, as he went from suicide missions from the humans, to fighting along side the ruthless Naga, and even Illidan himself.

Now, the young elf lay dying in the ice, deep within the frozen wastelands of Northrend, and all hope was lost, but even as he slowly drifted away, his soul still flamed with the need to avenge his home. Fate however, would not allow this elf to die here, however. He was destined to become a hero, and this was not his time. His was found by a human scout, who drug his almost lifeless body to the coast lines, and helped nurse him back to health, and once he had become stronger, helped get him passage back to the Eastern Kingdoms, to return to what was left of his home.

As the years went by, he would train under the eyes of the Farstriders, and would soon be off on his own, to explore the world, and seek out what had happened to Kael'Thas, and to get his bloody revenge on Arthas himself.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Great idea! Thumbs up! Just, if you would, answer my question from the "Rules" portion of this questionnaire!
Quote:I'm not a fan of god modding though, and I won't lie, if you, a level 47 character, tell me you slayed Arthas, I probably won't RP with you. I'm very much a "do it" kinda guy.

Here, even if you were an 80 with all legendaries ( which we aren't allowed to use anyway ), you still wouldn't be able to get away with saying you slayed Arthas!

Quote:Say I'm level 80, and a hunter, and you're level 1, and a rogue, in my opinion if your stealthed and I can see you via game rules, I should be able to find you. That's not god modding, right?

Levels here don't matter at all, and stealthing is a tricky thing here. It doesn't make the rogue invisible by any means, and they will often times be told to not use the stealth game mechanic. Instead, we emote sneaking around or hiding behind things to avoid detection! If your character would ICly be able to see the stealthy rogue, no, it is not godmodding to spot them.

Anyway, welcome to the server!