Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Questions on DK's & Forsaken.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been playing with the idea of making Saif's brother [Said] into an existing character.

The problem with this is that he died in Tirisfal during the third war, approximately year 25. Now, would there be a possibility of him being raised as a death knight? or perhaps a forsaken?

Either way as I ponder over it the idea seems more and more appealing, maybe perhaps another CoTHian would like to play him? :)

Thankful for answers!
It's definitely not impossible. He'd need to be undead either way, and possibly one of the first of the third generation of death knights. He could be a Forsaken raised as a death knight or have died and been buried then risen later as a death knight in the campaign to destroy Light's Hope Chapel. There are some ways you can do it, so try to find a background that will suit his personality.
Definitely, just depends on how old you want him to be in his years of undeath. All that really matters is that he was either raised by the Forsaken if he's not a Death Knight, or that he was there during the attack on Light's Hope Chapel. I'd be cool with playing Said, too.
Jacula Wrote:The problem with this is that he died in Tirisfal during the third war, approximately year 25. Now, would there be a possibility of him being raised as a death knight? or perhaps a forsaken?
He died around the right time to be part of the first group of Forsaken. However, part of the normally accepted requirements of being a Forsaken is to have died while having the Plague of Undeath. Do the events surrounding his death allow for this to occur?
Piroska Wrote:
Jacula Wrote:The problem with this is that he died in Tirisfal during the third war, approximately year 25. Now, would there be a possibility of him being raised as a death knight? or perhaps a forsaken?
He died around the right time to be part of the first group of Forsaken. However, part of the normally accepted requirements of being a Forsaken is to have died while having the Plague of Undeath. Do the events surrounding his death allow for this to occur?

He passed whilst out on a military operation in Tirisfal, he was shot by the arrow from a scourge and died almost instantly. Seeing as Saif was with him at the time he would surely had been contaminated himself, or perhaps Said could have had an early stage of the plague?
The body was (presumably) left behind and there are always healthy doses of Scourge necromancers and post-mortem Plague introduction available on the market.
He could have been raised by a necromancer belonging to the Scourge, then have been in Lordaeron and freed when the Lich King lost control of the Forsaken.
Can I ask another question?

Is it possible for a DK to have been raised pre-acherus and sent to Acherus with the other DKs at Light's Hope chapel?
I suppose it is possible, since the Scourge would first have to raise other DKs elsewhere to figure out the 3rd Gen DK process/etc. That said, they'd be beta copies, so faults would be abundant.
Depends on how "pre-Acherus" you mean, I'd think.

Though if you were fully trained before arriving at Acherus and came as a tutor, this denotes a certain degree of implied superiority/prowess.

An undercurrent that might make a GM leery of approving such a thing.
LostStranger Wrote:Depends on how "pre-Acherus" you mean, I'd think.

Though if you were fully trained before arriving at Acherus and came as a tutor, this denotes a certain degree of implied superiority/prowess.

I was gonna say that he was sent there 'cause he wasn't good enough and they figured they'd get rid of him with the other death knights at Acherus.
Aphetoros Wrote:
LostStranger Wrote:Depends on how "pre-Acherus" you mean, I'd think.

I was gonna say that he was sent there 'cause he wasn't good enough and they figured they'd get rid of him with the other death knights at Acherus.

I'd say that would work. He was piled onto one of the corpse wagons and taken North into the plaguelands, and later raised as a Death Knight during a larger fight with the Argent Dawn that required emergency reinforcements and so he was raised. Then because he turned out to suck so much that they sent him over to Acherus to die with the rest.