Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: LadyBlueScales`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I've been in love with video games since I was a little girl watching my eldest brother play The Legend of Dragoon. It was the first game I played quickly followed by LoZ: Ocarina of Time which in itself led me to obssess over that series. I'm what I like to call a supernerd; I play oldschool DnD with my Dad's family, worship Tolkien's work, adore reading big books in days if not hours, play WoW religiously, have a PS2 (I'm more a Sony girl than Microsoft when it comes to consols) with a growing collection of classics, I cosplay, belly dance and go to Rennaissance Fairs, and read history as a pleasure (which includes alongside real life history; LotR, Star Wars, WoW, Assassin's Creed and a lot more I can't think of right now). Oh yes! And I LOVE telling stories of the fantastic kind.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born in California, U.S.A. and grew up between there and Florida, U.S.A. I speak American English with a "growing vocab. of British English".

How did you get into Warcraft?:
When I went to visit my boyfriend for the first time overseas (he's living in England), he really wanted me to try it. So I bought it, fell in love, made lots of characters and I havn't looked back!

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Once again you guys can thank my boyfriend! He found the server and tried it since he's an avid RPer like me, and told me I'd really like it here. From what I've heard, Goldshire isn't Lolshire here and that's a shocking and needed comfort.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm willing to try RP in all forms, but I like RPing in Taverns and out and about in the cities and wilds alike. It's easier to RP in small groups, but hey, who doesn't like a party once in a blue moon?

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I really am facinated with the Draenei, Humans and Orcs. The Draenei have seen so much and live for so long that they really treasure their loves and families and friends. Humans are versatile and have potential for great Evil and immense Good. Orcs have been put through Hell and were corrupted, but found themselves again and are honorable.

My favorite classes have to be Shamans, Death Knights and Mages. Shamans have a connections to the elements and are just plain awesome. Death Knights have that seductive dark power about them that drives people made with powerlust. Mages have a great power about them and are feared along with being respected and have to deal with it if it's what they truly want.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I hope that I can find a great place to RP comfortably and I won't have to feel awkward RPing in a public place for once. I hope to find a make believe city or two that really acts like it would in that era.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I like the fact that Respect is demanded and given. That right there shows the quality of people I'll have the honor of RPing with.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
((Please note these orcs are based off of Tolkien's LotR series and are not to beconfused with Blizzard's version!))

Lothloriel could feel her adrennaline roaring in her ears as she held her bow drawn and set with an arrow. Her eyes narrowed and focused in on a filthy orc with a particularly nasty looking set of teeth that oozed and were blacked by wear. She inhaled the scent of death and could feel the hair on her neck standing on end as she kept her body tense in wait.
A flicker of movement caught the corner of her eye. She didn't look though. Her charge was there, his own bow and arrow drawn and pointed with deadly aim. He was a princeling, a son of a human king and elf queen, but a good woodsman.
She reprimanded herself for letting her mind stray and rekindled her focus.
The forest seemed to grow more quiet, save for the crackle of the fire, before her human companion stepped out with his sword drawn.
"Evening Gentlemen!" he mocked. "You will be leaving this forest now." The score of black orcs sprang up with roars and battlecries, their various weapons being drawn as they rushed at the dark haired man.
"NOW!" she cried, her own arrow releasing not half a second later, matched by three others, killing their targets instantly. Some of the orcs saw this and turned to find four rangers materialize from the forest, their blades drawn and closing in on them.
Lothloriel had her twin blades her father crafted for her as a gift the day she truly became a ranger. Within a few bounds she came upon her prey and carved his sword in two as he brough it up to block her attack, her second blade removing his head. Their battle seemed to suspend the moment and move it at lightning speed at the same time as they felled the orcs. She saw her charge, young Ithiel, take on two at a time. He was able to cut the first down with ease and managed the second, his swordsmanship much improved.
Her other companions were taking care of the rest with ease while she watched her pupil, having only to fell one more of the filthy blight on her forest. She walked to the edge of the clearing and wiped her blade on the grass to clean it of orcblood, whispering an apology to the plants. She sheathed her blades quickly and turned to help build the bonfire and was met with Torion, the human who baited the orcs in front of her.
"What is it Torion Stronghunt?" she asked in Elvish, leaning over to grasp her bow and sling it on her back. "I am coming to help burn the filthy creatures." She looked back to see him eyeing her strangly, almost vulnerably.
"How long, Loriel-Song?" He said softly back in her tongue. "How long do we wait?" She looked away for a moment, her heart suddenly heavy. She sighed almost inaudably.
In Common, she replied, "I don't know, Tor." She began to walk passed him and he grabed her arm gently.
"Please.." he whispered, still in Elvish. "My Star, when will we be?" She didn't look at him or reply, and slipped out if his grasp. She walked to Ithiel who tossed a body on the pile and smiled at him.
"You did well tonight, my young friend," she said encouraginly. He smiled at her proudly as she rested her hand on his shoulder.
"Thank you," his voice almost like music, "Mistress Lothloriel Starshine. My training did pay off despite my daydreaming." She chuckled at him and ruffled his hair.
They made quick work of the bonfire, being sure to keep it from spreading to the forest. Once the bodies were burned, they attended the rest of the camp and collected anything worth taking. They took only a few coin and better gear for each with the intention of anything else being given away in town. They lived off the land and were not brigands.
Once that was finished, the Rangers prepared to leave and gathered around Lothloriel with Ithiel at her left hand. She was looked to as their leader, being the eldest at three-hundred and sixty-seven years.
"We'll make for the city of Heathersgate," she stated, resting a hand on Ithiel's shoulder. "Our Prince has proven himself worthy of the title of Ranger today." Her pupil turned and looked at her with surprise in eyes and confusion. She smiled at him again, this time beaming, and nodded. "I believe a celebration is in order." The others cheered and congratulated him, ready to set out immediately.
Lothloriel turned and started into the woods, pulling up her hood and unslinging her bow with purpose. Her company followed her close behind as they always had, following her on yet another new and exciting journey..

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I hope that I'll be able to have fun RPing here and I'm always ready to make new friends!
Welcome to the server!
SWEET!!! Thank you so much! :D