Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: LuckyDave`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm a male, high-school graduate with five older brothers and aspirations to study writing at University College Dublin in a few years. Family has always been a very important part of my life, and the projects that I've done with my brothers are mainly what define me. I've written a few radio plays and short stories, and worked on five live radio productions with them. The shows are sort of vaudeville-style variety shows. Lots of fun. I've been involved in role-playing games since I was about 11, when one of my brothers bought 3rd edition Dungeons & Dragons. I've played table-top steadily since then and done RP in World of Warcraft off-and-on since shortly after launch. It's certainly a different game since the beginning, but that's okay. Things change. I've also done some stage acting in school and community theater, and generally I just dig acting and roleplay and writing and all that goes into it.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from the New England area of the United States, and English is my first and, presently, only language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My brother (the same one who bought the D&D set) bought an extra copy of World of Warcraft for our older brother, when he first got his subscription after beta. The first one, Andrew, was living far away and thought this would be a fun way to hangout over the internet, and the second brother I mentioned, Jason, let me make some characters on his account. Prior to World of Warcraft, I played Warcraft II and III, having gotten into them because of my brothers.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I just googled for an RP private server and this is the first one that showed up. As I read further, the group here, at Conquest of the Horde, certainly seemed to know what they were doing, so I felt compelled to go forward through the process and see if I can join.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm a fan of being part of a small group of people, either spending an evening talking and sharing a pint (or cup of tea), or out in the world, fighting through hordes of Fel Orcs in Hellfire Citadel, or attempting to quell the ghosts of Shadowfang Keep. I can get into heavy action and slow talk. I'm flexible.
Though, I do find that participating in large group events can begin to feel unwieldy, and I usually feel more comfortable with just a handful of people.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I'll start off by discussing the character with whom I had the most rich role-play experience. He was an Orcish Death Knight, named Jilb, who had been a hardened veteran of the Second War before dying in the plaguelands and being transformed into one of the undead. His main story was in dealing with the feelings of frustration and loneliness that being a monster, stripped of mortality, brought on. However, Jilb wasn't all about sadness; he also found friendship and camaraderie with a fellow Knight of the Ebon Blade, and the two of them got into many adventures and even had some laughs.
I suppose I like Orcs, because, depending on how old you make them, they could be a warrior (or shaman, hunter, etc) overcoming the emptiness and guilt they feel after losing the corrupting influence that they had allowed to surge through them as a part of the Legion's Horde, or they could be a child of the internment camps who was brought up in imprisonment and surrounded with misery and depression growing up. Such a character of the latter sort would have grown of age with Thrall as an enlightened and shrewd leader to look up to, and depending on who their parents were, they may not even know the whole story of why the horde was jailed and what had happened on Draenor. These sorts of things lead to exciting stories of redemption and of self-discovery.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect only that I can meet some interesting and intelligent people to spend time with and enjoy the company of. I'm just looking for some good roleplay and some good friends. I also hope that there aren't too many bugs in the quests, etc, but of course, if there are, it's immaterial. I know that I couldn't set up or help run one of these private servers, so I'm always impressed just that people are able to manage them as well as they do, when Blizzard has such a large company solely devoted to keeping, what is essentially the same game, running at tip-top condition.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The note on humility is a really great thing. It's an important lesson to learn about life, much less the game, that we're all our own main characters, and we're no one else's, and we're each living our own story, and sometimes we can be the main character, but everyone should have the same chance to steal the show. We should be glad for the opportunity to sometimes play a part in someone else's important story.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Two riders sped down the beaten road from Thrallmar to the Path of Glory. Each of them were dressed in green-hued, Fel Iron armor. The one rider was a hulking brute with chapped, red-brown skin stretched tightly over his bones and muscle. His slate-grey beard was shaggy and hung over his chest, between two long braids coming down from his long, thin hair. His tusks were sharp, but his face was old and scarred and the light of undeath shone in his eyes. He rode a brown wolf, dressed for war. On his back was a huge sword.

To the orc's right was a man, vital, but crippled with the look of undeath also. His hair was shaved into the style of a tonsure, and a pair of axes banged at his hips as he rode a pale horse. No light shone in this man's eyes. Instead they were deep, nearly hollow in their look.

The orc halted his mount and looked out on the scorched, beaten desert around them. The man stopped just a step ahead of him.

"Eustus," the orc said.

"Aye, Jilb?"

"It's troubling that, considering our ages and circumstances, not ten years ago we could have been on the exact same battle field somewhere back on Azeroth, trying to kill each other."

Eustus grimly looked at Jilb, then out on the cracked plain. "Yep, you're right about that.

"Yet, at least today, we're on the same side, Rune-brother. We help each other and fight for Mograine."

Jilb nodded, "And I expect that we'll never be as we were, when we fought for our kings and chiefs, again. This existence is all we will have, eh? All we can do, all I will choose to do, is fight to preserve the life that can't be mine. Isn't that right, friend?"

"It is." Eustus said, looking at his friend. "Though," Eustus continued, "we cannot grow too zealous in our pursuit, or else we will take more life in trying to save it, than those we condemn."

Jilb nodded. "You're right. Always keep our heads.

"Come, there are many of those Fel Orcs to be slain. I no longer identify with Thrall and his country, but I am offended by the Citadel's inhabitants all the same!"

"Yes, brother. To war!"

The pair of warriors squeezed the flanks of their mounts and blew low, chilling notes on their horns of war, as they rode to another day of savagery and slaying.
The soldiers of wars might shift as colorless grains of sand, sat side-by-side in small mounds. The winds of change could turn them to any field.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'm interested to know what the policies on communication of real-life information are. I want to know if there are guidelines on this server for how much you should be telling people, and if talking to people about the person behind the character could lead to trouble from the GMs, etc. That's all. I'm not itching to start telling everybody my life story, I just want to know whether telling someone my name could get me kicked, etc.
I look forward to hopefully being allowed to join this community and have some fun.
Quote:I'm interested to know what the policies on communication of real-life information are. I want to know if there are guidelines on this server for how much you should be telling people, and if talking to people about the person behind the character could lead to trouble from the GMs, etc. That's all. I'm not itching to start telling everybody my life story, I just want to know whether telling someone my name could get me kicked, etc.

Of course not! A handful of people here know me on a very personal level, and I them. It's not a problem at all.

Anyway, welcome to the server!
Thank you very much. My real name is Emmett.