Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Becoming a Worgen. [Spoilers, mebbe.]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, massive spoiler thread here.

SPOILERS

Right.
So, I was toying with the idea of making my character, Wilhelm, into a worgen come Catacylsm.
Now, before you dismiss this, I intend for him to remain the stormwind-born, Lordaeron-raised human he is.
How?

Well, through the blood of the Gilnean Worgen, as demonstrated by Darius Crowley.
(MIIIISSSTAAAAA CRRROOOWWWLLEEEYYYY!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OptWvYgn ... re=related
Between 3:30 and 4:40.

Now then. Due to the fact that Darius Crowley is one of the Gilnean Worgen, he had taken the 'cure' thing, which gave him control.
It seems that the Worgen changed by him, i.e. drinking his blood, are very much in control themselves.

Later videos also show that the Alliance shows up to back up the Gilneans.

----

I figure that with this info on hand, we could also have Stormwind and Lordaeron Worgens, that are sentient, due to ingesting the blood of one of the Gilnean Worgens (Or some transmission of fluids like that. Classic Werewolf bite thing.)

TL;DR: The frickin' werewolf curse thing.
And, I must kill the monsters!
No Wil, you are the monsters.
And then Wil was a Worgen.

Opinions on the subject are appreciated.
Even a man who is pure in heart
and says his prayers by night
may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms
and the autumn moon is bright.
The post confused me. It could very well be that it's late at night and I'm tired, but what came to mind when reading this was:

Who in their right mind would ever consume worgen blood? Now, I understand that no one will probably come up with it, but just in case someone replies with 'well maybe someone hid it in their food.' No. No one has ever done this. I don't care if Blizzard corrects me tomorrow.

In all seriousness though, Blizzard recently threw all care for original worgen lore aside. Now, you're transformed into one by being bitten. Gotta love that originality.

While it's -sort of- possible, you've got to take into question why this would have -ever- happened to your character, and if it's due to realism or just the fact that you'd like him to be a worgen.
Well, I've got a rough draft down, a bit.

But in the questline for the Forsaken, you are sent to assualt a human refugee base.
When you go in the keep to kill the leaders, you are shown a little cutscene thing of them talking to Mister Crowley and Ivus Bloodfang.
Darius tells them they have a choice: Become a Worgen and become immune to the undead raising effects of the Val'Kyr or become Forsaken.
(Apparently the Worgen are a tad immune to being made into the undead.)
The human leaders take the worgen blood, grudgingly though.

As for character reasons, I'm still working on it.
Largely, I need a bit more on the Worgen stuff.
As I said in another thread, one should not assume that we'll be allowing race changes with Cataclysm. I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet on being able to play a Worgen outside of the Gilnean ones.
Binkleheimer Wrote:Alright, massive spoiler thread here.

SPOILERS

Right.
So, I was toying with the idea of making my character, Wilhelm, into a worgen come Catacylsm.
Now, before you dismiss this, I intend for him to remain the stormwind-born, Lordaeron-raised human he is.
How?

Well, through the blood of the Gilnean Worgen, as demonstrated by Darius Crowley.

Now then. Due to the fact that Darius Crowley is one of the Gilnean Worgen, he had taken the 'cure' thing, which gave him control.
It seems that the Worgen changed by him, i.e. drinking his blood, are very much in control themselves.

----

I figure that with this info on hand, we could also have Stormwind and Lordaeron Worgens, that are sentient, due to ingesting the blood of one of the Gilnean Worgens (Or some transmission of fluids like that. Classic Werewolf bite thing.)

Wow at that video. The alliance will sure suffer a lot. :( Hurts somewhat to see those NPCs getting zombiefied as alliance player.

Anyway, I'm still disappointed of Blizzard to see the Worgen humanized. It's just Game Engine lore to make the transformation of Worgen by choice possible in my eyes.
Kaghuros Wrote:Even a man who is pure in heart
and says his prayers by night
may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms
and the autumn moon is bright.

That from Van Helsing or some other such movie? >.>

Pretty sure i've heard that.
AH! Thank'ee Piroska.
It is always and absolutely a pleasure!
Mayson Wrote:
Binkleheimer Wrote:Alright, massive spoiler thread here.

SPOILERS

Right.
How?

----

Wow at that video. The alliance will sure suffer a lot. :( Hurts somewhat to see those NPCs getting zombiefied as alliance player.

Anyway, I'm still disappointed of Blizzard to see the Worgen humanized. It's just Game Engine lore to make the transformation of Worgen by choice possible in my eyes.

Probably.

And, as it seems, the whole worgen curse isn't exactly new to WoW either.

For instance, Pyrewood village. Human by day, worgen by night.
Then there is the wolf cult in Northrend, but I'm pretty sure that's a completely different story.
Piroska Wrote:The Wolf Man.

Kudos for getting the reference! If I ever play a Worgen, I damn well want him to be the Wolfman. It's a shame they're so... Furry.