Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Silverstripe`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I've been playing World of Warcraft since... well, around its release, I guess. I started about six years ago on a regular server, Silver Hand. I was probably the slowest person at leveling on the entire server because I was always so wrapped up in guild RP. But then, well, RP on normal servers kind of died out. There really isn't much anymore, so I've been looking elsewhere.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from the United States, my primary language being English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My brother had it before I did, actually. He let me make a character on his account and play during a Christmas party. I had so much fun, I went out and bought the game.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
A friend of mine recommended this server to me because of the high quality of the role-playing.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I prefer role-playing in pairs in a more relaxed setting. Combat role-playing can get me a little nervous because everyone seems to do it a different way. Put me in a tavern with my buddies and I'm happy.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I prefer playing either a Tauren or a Night Elf, for their connection to the natural world. I find it easier to role-play with ideals that I can identify with, including the preservation and understanding of the world. For that same reason, my favorite classes are Hunters and Druids.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I really don't want to sound demanding, so this question makes me a little nervous....
Honestly, all I expect is that the quality of the role-playing is good, the people are friendly and the community is surviving.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The "keyboard skills" rule is my favorite. I'm a bit of a grammar freak and watching people type on regular servers, even when they're not role-playing, tends to make my eyes bleed.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Never before had the Assassin considered failure and the consequences that would come with it when he'd entered the church. Ezio stared down at Rodrigo Borgia, dark eyes cold and calculating. Finally, he would repay Borgia a hundredfold for all he'd done, for all the lives he had taken. This was it; this was the end. Like some great mountain cat, Ezio pounced from the scaffolding, muscles taut, ready for what would be the final kill.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Intense pain blinded Ezio, sudden and sharp as Borgia's dagger slid home deep in his right side. For a single moment, the Auditore's mind went blank, only able to focus on the mind-numbing agony that wracked his body. Blood only trickled at first, darkening the cloth of his Assassin's robes further. Then, the pain intensified as the knife was wrenched free, blood dripping from the blade. The blood coating the glinting steel took on a rather wicked gleam in the dim light of the church.

The invisible force that had held the assassino up vanished as suddenly as it had come and Ezio dropped to the stone floor with a sickening thud. Whatever Rodrigo was saying had become muffled, the Assassin being unable to make it out through the strange buzzing that filled his ears. Borgia's gloating tone reached Ezio, but he was unable to stand and wipe the smug smirk that he was so sure was in place from the Pope's face.

He had failed.

He had failed them all. Images rose unbidden to Ezio's mind. His father was bent over a desk crafted of wood, stained dark. Giovanni looked up, smiled at his son, began to describe the various tasks that would be his that day. His mother was working outside, in the small garden she'd had, back when things had been so simple. Claudia, his beautiful sister, was describing some poor, unfaithful fellow who Ezio knew he would later deal with, just to see her smile as well. Petruccio, holding the little pearwood box of feathers, laughingly told Ezio that, some day, he would be able to go with him; he wouldn't be sick forever. Federico stood by his side, laughing in the face of the Pazzi, fighting back-to-back with his brother.

He had failed them all.

One face prevailed amongst all others, haunted the dying Assassin. Those sapphire eyes sparkled with laughter, with love, with unshed tears.

Leonardo.

He had been so afraid that Ezio would not return, had clung to the assassino and begged him to stay, to think things through, but Ezio had not listened. A soft, choking sob escaped Ezio, tearing at his already-dry throat. Why had he not listened? He didn't want to die like this, didn't want to leave Leonardo alone! He'd promised to always be there for the inventor.

The ragged sob was followed by another, and then another, till the Assassin's entire body was wracked with them. The clear, salty tears rolled down stubbled cheeks to mix with the growing pool of blood rapidly soaking the stone floor.

Ezio could remember everything then. Leonardo laughing, painting some new masterpiece while Ezio sat on the couch and watched in awe. Leonardo, eyes alight with excitement, deciphering a new Codex page, delighted at this new challenge. Leonardo cursing in frustration as another of his inventions failed, throwing a small tantrum and starting all over. Leonardo laying on the couch with Ezio, his back to the Assassin's broad chest, watching the fire die down to mere embers, talking of everything and of nothing.

The last memory lulled Ezio into a final, calm stupor. As the blood spread in an ever-widening pool about the assassino, the once-bright eyes dimmed and closed. A small smile curled his lips upwards and his features smoothed. Slowly, slowly, even the labored panting stilled.

I will see you again, my friend.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I wasn't sure if fanfiction was accepted, or if anyone would have a problem with the homosexual connotations in the story, but it wasn't expressly forbidden anywhere that I saw....

I'll be glad to fix it if there is a problem!
Welcome to the server!
Welcome to the server, have fun playing!
Quote:assassino

Ezio

I doubt this is a coincidence, but everything in your story seems to be taken out of Assassin's Creed II.
Right, it's a fanfiction.
Nexi Wrote:Right, it's a fanfiction.

Exactly. Thank you. :3

Happy to be here with you guys! I'll see you all on the server!
Welcome : )