Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Scout0311`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I started role playing when I was about 9, it was playing D&D with my cousins. It was the fantasy aspect of role playing that I liked, being someone different and doing things I could not really do without killing myself. My first character was a cleric and I have a pretty good memories of all my characters I have played. I have been playing ever since I have played other rpg, Table tops, LARPing, and lately MMOs. I have servered in the military and it helped to make friends there as well. I have a lot of different life experiances I think could help create more vivid role playing as I have visited almost most of the world.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
USA, and I primarily speak english, both good and bad english as well as knowing several ways to curse at you in different languages.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I played the RTS on the PC, and it was a girl who brought me into the mmo. She was an ex-girlfriend and was very geeky and into the geek way of life. She had me try the two week trial and I amde a dwarf hunter named Flints adn have been playing a lot since and have a lot of friends on the retail version.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
My GM for my table top game (rentiger) and he talked a lot about the rp. I have grown a little sick of the retail version where the rp seems to focus around erp(sex) and have had some issues with another player stalking. I wanted a good place to have a wider variety of role playing where I can have a character with depth, personality flaws to add to his heroic nature.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I love action and adventure. I love high fantasy and high adventure. I like to have character who fight for good and justice, usually playing paladins or cleric types. I enjoy the classic heros like John Wyane and Clint Eastwood, the heros who have purpose and while they have a darker side are truely good.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I like many races and classes. I like human paladins because they are a lot of fun to rp and it is an easier role to slide into yet offer a lot of variation. I enjoy night elf hunters because they are deadly and are what I consider the noble savage, they have a deep connection to the spiritual but are not tree huggers. Dwarven warrior are good because of how dirty and gruff and the closest thing to a scottish warrior or viking, and I like that sort of old school kind of honor and courage. Where you measure a man by the steel in his gut and not on his hip.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Make new friends while attending role playing evens and perhaps hosting some events of my own. Get new experiences with gaming and with different styles of role playing.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maturity and tolerance because the lack of these in the retail version has ruined rp. I think most players who have a level 80 tend to browbeat, or bully others into thier style of rp or to cater to thier character. A mature player knows that conflict inspires role playing and when a character has a hard life it is a fun life for a player. I also prefer people to have open minds to different ideas as this is a global game no one way of thinking can be the correct way and we need to be tollerant of others lack of english skills or education.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I will write this later, when I have a better idea of my character.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope, I am good, I would just like to play with some new friends.
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Scout0311! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Make sure to /join chat in-order to join our global OOC channel in-game.

Oh, Dungeons and Dragons! It's been years since I've had a good group with which to do any sort of pen and paper roleplaying. My first experiences were as a cleric as well. The Dungeon Master built this entire campaign around combating undead and he hoped that my character's ability to turn undead would be beneficial. Unfortunately, almost every roll that I made was a natural one! It was so embarrassing. Oddly enough, though, the character managed to max out healing rolls almost every time, so it did kinda-sorta balance out in the end!

Since you are a Dungeon Master, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what you bring to Conquest of the Horde. Events (usually combat-related) tend to mimic the systems utilized by various pen'n'paper roleplaying games and so you might feel comfortable with leading a few of your own! Very exciting -- particularly since you seem to be interested in holding some as well.

I know Rentiger. Vaguely. We haven't interacted too that I can recall, but I think it's very awesome when current members bring friends and family into the fold. I think that it helps emphasize what a wonderful community we have at Conquest of the Horde!

Again, welcome to the server!