Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: melnop`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
My name's Mel. I'm a female WoW player. As a player, I enjoy professions (making stuff is cool), winning a really hard battle, and experiencing really good stories. But, my favorite part of the game is interacting with other players. I love talking with people and grouping.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from the United States. English is my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My friend got me into it.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I found you by searching "role playing private server" in Google.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy role playing in crowds. I like overcoming things with other players, and learning and growing with them.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race is Undead, and my favorite class is Warlock. I really like the lore behind the Undead. Everything about them is insanely cool. Warlocks are dark and evil, which is really fun to role play because I'm not dark and evil at all in real life.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to role play with other respectful role-players.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Humility. I'm so tired of other players thinking the entire world revolves around them. I'm one of those players who will just go with the flow, and be more of a side character in the grand scheme of things.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I would like to complete this later, for I am not yet sure what type of character I'd like to develop. I'd best prefer that the story be about my chosen character, and am not yet ready to determine it.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Is this server more swayed towards the Horde, or is each side equally populated?
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Melnop! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Make sure to /join chat in-order to join our global OOC channel in-game.

I find that roleplaying is like acting. Or how I would perceive acting to be; I was the band geek and so was always in the pit during our schools' performances! But being roleplayer in World of Warcraft is like being an actor, where the entire universe is our stage. The largest difference in this is that every person with which we interact is also cast as a leading role. We mesh our characters together, develop intricate (or even simple or silly!) plots, we have fun, and -- in a perfect world -- everyone has the opportunity to perform that role to his or her expectations. Like you, I feel that having humility when roleplaying allows that experience to occur!

melnop Wrote:Is this server more swayed towards the Horde, or is each side equally populated?
The population of this server is fairly balanced. There are individuals who prefer Horde characters, just as their are those who exclusively prefer Alliance. The exact numbers can change throughout the day (or even over the course of many days) as events and guilds draw specific types of characters, but most of us maintain accounts with both Horde and Alliance characters. As a result, we're are fairly able to easily insert ourselves into various opportunities for roleplay!
Thank you for responding!

I agree 100% about the acting thing. I never got into acting when I was younger (I was an art geek), but always wished I had. That's why I like role playing so much!

So, I'm allowed to apply for "Grunt-ship" in about a month?
This is absolutely correct! There are a number of requirements that you need to obtain before being able to apply, but they're not too difficult. However, you do need to be an active, participating member of good standing for a minimum of a month before you are able to submit your gruntship questionnaire.