Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Add-on for DM'ing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey my CoTH rp'ers. I did my first official roll fight and dungeon fight last night, and i have to say it was awesome (you know who you are xxx :) ). But we came up with a problem. We got confused as to where exactly our opponents stodd before we started, so I was wondering if there is an add-on out there that places markers on the ground or similar? Perhaps a small lit circle with a smaller triangle attached to it to indicate which way they are looking.

Help here would be awesome, sorry if this has been asked already =S
I don't actually know if an add-on exists that puts markers down, but a good strategy is just using the DM as the marker. Usually what DMs do is they serve as the marker, placing themselves where the enemy is to be and looking in the directions the enemy is looking.

A few good DMs even dress up as the enemy if possible, to add a little touch of realism to the fight.
What if there are several targets? =S
There is this addon used by some raiding guilds to put marks on the floor, but I think its pretty hard to use.

Its called AVR
Renae Wrote:What if there are several targets? =S

If there are several targets the DM tends to move around to whichever one is most relevant at the time. For example, say my turn comes up during an event, the DM might take the place of any enemy that is around me personally. If there are no enemies attacking me directly, they might just take the place of a nearby one.

This shows how important communication can be during an event. The DM will need to provide frequent updates for their players as to the number of enemies left as well as the location of said enemies. It is the player's job to pay attention to this and ask questions if they are confused.

At least, that's how I've seen it done, and how I've done it personally without the use of an addon.

Hope that helps.
Man that AVR would have salved all the roll combat movement problems, wish I had know about it before, now it seems it was discontinued for patch 3.3.5 Cry
I hate having to move my character all over the place, so I try and stress where enemies are located relevant to the other players.

"It's your turn, So and So, and there is a Whatchamacallit to your right, between you and whosthat."

.....Imagination!
Lenlo Wrote:There is this addon used by some raiding guilds to put marks on the floor, but I think its pretty hard to use.

Its called AVR

Blizz broke it in 3.3.5.

Due to the fact people were using it to really cheese the raids.
They put down where to move spots and all.
Binkleheimer Wrote:Blizz broke it in 3.3.5.

Son, I am disappoint