Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: redps2`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hello admin officers of CotH, I am a newbie to rpg games because I just started to play them yesterday. I bought Dragon Age: Origins and thoroughly enjoyed it. I own a PC, PS3, PS2 and an ancient PS1.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from Australia and I speak English. Not all Australian's say g'day mate, thats just the outback folk.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into Warcraft after my friend told me he found a really good rpg when he saw that I enjoyed playing Dragon Age: Origins.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I seeked your server over others because I am new to WoW so after a lot of research I found out that Role Playing servers are for new players. I searched WoW private role playing server and it came up with your website.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I would'nt mind the relaxing tavern roleplaying game but I prefer the fighting, action and danger roleplaying games very fun.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favourite race is an elf because my favourite character in a movie is an elf and he is awesome.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations of this server are very low cause I am new and don't know what to expect. I do expect that this server is fun and enjoyable with little to none lag. I also expect this server to make me play this game over and over because you made it fun.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maturity appeals to me the most because you find a lot of people who are immature and cause a big problem because they are sometimes annoying and/or disrespectful.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I would like to know whether there is some sort of guide in this game to help me get used to it. That is all I need to know.
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Redps2! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Make sure to /join chat in-order to join our global OOC channel in-game.

I should take the opportunity to note that roleplaying servers are not for new players. Their purpose has absolutely nothing to do with how much experience people have with World of Warcraft or similar games. Instead, they are special servers with very specific rules governing conduct. The original intention of roleplay servers by Blizzard was to create an area where roleplayers could pursue their specific interests in the game: acting as our character, interacting with other like-minded people, creating stories, and fleshing them out.

Consider Conquest of the Horde a step up from that ideal. Every member of our server roleplays. Our staff actively enforces rules regarding our behavior when we're on the server. You can learn more about roleplay on our wiki.

That said, we do welcome new players who want to roleplay. If you're interested in that, Conquest of the Horde may very well be the server for you! However, if your focus on the game is in other things (PvP, raiding, dungeons, and the like), you may have to search somewhere else.

Regarding the game itself, there should be a beginner's tutorial that starts up when you initially start the game. WoWWiki is also an excellent source for information about the game; if you have a specific question, it most likely will answer it. The site also has a newbie guide.