Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: scatteredbwl191`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, for quite a while I was an extremely hardcore raider, I've been playing wow since early vanilla beta. However, as time has gone on, the raiding aspect to the game, and even the pvp aspect to the game has gotten extremely boring and almost irritating to a point where it seems as though it's more demanding than a job. So, I eventually went really casual and got into the roleplaying aspect of the game, and quite honestly, never had more fun when it came to wow. Creating back stories, having in-depth conversations, giving a personal history to your character. It's just alot of fun all around.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from the Unite States, and primary language is English, however I can awkwardly piece together a sentence in Spanish, but that's about as bilingual as I get haha.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into warcraft via a friend who was playing Diablo at the time, and we moved on with the times essentially and never really looked back, except to maybe Diablo II once in a while heh.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Short answer? I googled "Best role playing private server" because in reality, the role playing servers in retail just don't really cut it, there are alot of "trolls" and "ERP" players and it really just ruins the whole experience.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Why can't it be a little of all really? I mean, I enjoy the action, and danger aspect to it ofcourse, that's probably my favorite, however, I enjoy relaxing and having conversations with people in taverns or even random strangers you happen to meet on the road somewhere. Just about every aspect to roleplaying appeases to me.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite class would have to be paladin because I've played one my entire wow career. It's by far my absolute favorite class, and ofcourse all the back drop to the paladin class, and the back stories that come with some of the most well known paladins in the lore aspect to the game.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To provide a fun, and well diversed area to enjoy role playing with other people that enjoy it, and to avoid all the ridicule that comes with trolls and ERP'rs. And a well indulged community who can get into a scenario as good as I can. Hope you guys can keep up!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The fact that whatever a GM says, goes. And they're not afraid to slap someone with a ban if they mess up properly. That kind of enforcement is needed on realms such as these.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Imagine, a man, on a journey to conquer his inner demons. Demons consisting of problems from his past, grave problems that cause him great heartache. The loss of his wife, and his only son, have left him rotted from the inside, as though his soul was diminished along with them. On this journey he meets a band of allies, to which come from all corners of the world. As he journeys through present and maybe even the past (spoiler) he discovers that the loss of his family has made him stronger instead of the opposite as though he always thought. Conquering his demons, he moves on and eventually is able to lead a happy life.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not really, just a fun loving guy who wants to role play with the best of them and really delve deep into a character of my own.
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Scatteredbwl191 (phew, that's a mouthful)! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Make sure to /join chat in-order to join our global OOC channel in-game.

You know, I got involved in roleplay in a fairly similar way. I started playing World of Warcraft around the time of beta 3. I was very involved in the raiding scene when it was introduced to the game, first as a Restoration shaman and then some time later when I rerolled on a different server as a Holy paladin. And then, about a year before the release of the Burning Crusade I grew so frustrated with the constant grind, the need to acquire buffs and reagents for bosses, the acquisition of reputation for resistance gear, the whole kit and caboodle, that I started roleplayed -- on a PvP server. I had never had as much fun in the game as I did roleplaying with friends and even strangers!

I still raid rather extensively. I'm an officer on a fairly prominent guild Horde-side on the Feathermoon US roleplaying server. But, like you, I've grown tired of the nonsense that occurs on Blizzard's official roleplaying servers and their unwillingness to enforce their own rules. So when I want that roleplay fix I always come back to Conquest of the Horde!

scatteredbwl191 Wrote:The fact that whatever a GM says, goes. And they're not afraid to slap someone with a ban if they mess up properly. That kind of enforcement is needed on realms such as these.
Oh. Me likey you. Can you and I be friends?

I hope that you enjoy Conquest of the Horde. It really will you give that opportunity to explore your characters. Again, welcome to the server!
Thanks very much, and ofcourse we can haha!