Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Logging on issues.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, me again.

So I come back and you're restarting everything. Blah. I did all my patches up to 3.3.5, registered a new server account, downloaded the realmslist file again just in case it changed... now, when I try to log on, it immediately tell me 'You have been disconnected' right after handshaking. Anyone know what's up?
I fixed this.

Firstly, the realmslist I downloaded, as it turns out, is out of date. You should take it down and replace it with the new one, even if all you need to do is copy/paste two lines to fix it yourself.

Secondly, I'd gone to the Server News section to look for the most recent announcement of an update, saw posts relating to 3.3.5 and assumed you were on that patch... turns out you're on 3.3.5a and nobody announced it. Stealth update? :P
The front page will tell you the current patch. At least it should.
Oh, it did when I thought to check there, I just assumed patches were 'announced'.
It was announced. Just, in the Server Status Updates subforum, which also appears on the main page. For those that are active it's not a problem, but for those returning after a while I can see how it can be problematic. Still, as mentioned, the current patch will always be shown on the main page.