Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: JROTC2010`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I love lore. That is one of the reasons I found this Private Server. Many Private Servers, even the Role Playing Servers on retail WoW, go away from what the story is really about. It is one thing to get to an instant 80 and run around Icecrown killing at will. Its another to actually communicate with others how you would if this was a real world.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from the United States. Orange Park, Florida is my hometown. My primary language is English, though I speak a little Spanish.
How did you get into Warcraft?:

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I started playing back in '07 when my Aunt and Uncle introduced it to me. I fell in love with the in-depth lore and could not look at another game ever since.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Most, if not all, Private Servers are only interested in PVP. Get your instant 80 and go on a killing spree. Though I don't find anything wrong with this, its the fact that they forget the lore of the game. For instance, you have an Arena Team (2v2 or 3v3) You have a Paladin and Warlock on one team. Which we know that the Paladins would never work with the Warlocks because of their Deminic arts.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
What appeals to me the most are discussion role playing. A group of players, in a "Council Chamber" deciding and talking about the happenings around them. An example would be Alliance Guild "A" has been under attack from Horde Guild "B" and they want it to stop. So they discuss what they want to do. One person will say "We need to strike them, and hard" while another will say " If we do this, then the conflics between the Horde and the Alliance will only depen. We must find a diplomatic solution." This is my type of Role Play.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I love the Mages because they are the most intuned people, with the exception of the Druids and Shamans. They are diplomatic, finding a way around any problem, and only when needing, will use their powers. My favorite race would have to be the Night Elves, because they are ancient. Anything that has a long history is what I like, and they have a really long history.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect that the Role Players on this server will have a high quality and respect the founding lore of Azeroth. With the trials and errors that will be experianced I find that most, if not all the Role Players will be excellent at what they do... Role Playing.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Knowing when to quit. There are alot of people that will argue from dusk till dawn about how they are right and you are wrong. If everyone only knew when to quit we would have less grudges and be able to play with one another with ease

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
"Fire, and Water..." Flashes of blue and green fly around the figure of a man. His look is elderly. Dressed in eligant red and gold, this was the trappings of a Mage. Magi Northain Lacemound stands before his old student, Vulcar Sandstorm. Vulcar is a newly, power-driven Warlock who wishes to further his power by distroying his old mentor.
"Give it up, Northain, your powers are no match for the Demonic Arts!" The man shouts as black energies dance around his fingers; his voice, deep and crackling. Around the wizards a wall of energy builds. The mixture of arcane and demonic energies starts to tear the skins of Northain and the Warlock.

"Stop this, Vulcar, you wish to kill us both?!" The old man pleas as cuts go deeper and deeper into his face. His hands begin to tremble and knees begin to buckle. Suddenly a black arm streaches from Vulcar's hands and attaches itself to the Magi. "No, old man, it is only you who will die!" The black arm then lifts Northan up, and up until he reaches the roof of the magic wall of arcane and demonic energies.

Knowing that it was his end, Northain looks at his former pupil with teary eyes. " Good bye, my student. May you find the right path one day." With that the magic wall collapses on itself with a colorful show. All that remains is Vulcar, covered with scars. Blood leaves his wounds as we walks away from the battlefield. " Thy will be done..." the Warlocks whispers as he falls to the ground. Slowly he slips from conscienceness and fades from memory. " My you find the right path, my student." says the voice of Northain to the lifeless body.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
How does your leveling system work? Do you level my character(s) based on their profile or do I level like retail?
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, please make sure to check out our Rules, Policies, FAQs, and Wiki. Also take a gander at our grammar and spelling guides and the level we expect here on the server.

And be sure to /join chat when you get in game!

<333

Cressy

PS. As a peon, the rank you hold when you first join the server, you may only level a character to level fifty. After you have an approved character profile and been here a month, you may apply for gruntship. Basically, it gives you a few small perks to help you with your roleplay; this includes, your approved character (Via the profile system) can be leveled to eighty, you do a quest and receive three-thousand gold, and two large bags to help all your RP gear. But, all unapproved characters still can not level past fifty...With the exception of DKs. (In one of Piroska's posts it discusses DKs...)