Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Thorrite`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, first off; I have played World of Warcraft for quite some time now,and after doing it the 'right' way, three or four too many times, I have absolutely no objections about doing something quite differently from the accepted standard. In fact, you are more likely to find me doing something in an alternate manner, over finding me doing it the 'accepted' and well overused way.

By this, I (usually) mean character builds which are almost standard will usually not be used by me. For example, on a different server, I have a full holy priest... But it's not meant for a healer, rather, it's an offensive caster. Now, obviously this means finding raids for that character is a little bit of a pain, but it's much more entertaining to play it that way, and make the other guy wonder what you could have possibly been thinking when making that character.

Secondly, I have played as both The Horde, and as The Alliance, and I have no major bias towards either of the two. Now, while I have no objections with either faction, this does not mean that I do not have my rather few races which I must completely refuse to play as. Usually, this includes only the Gnomes, and Undead... But of a choice between the two, I would avoid the Gnomes more so then the Undead.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born and raised in the United States of America, and it is also where I am currently living. Although my first language is English, I also speak a little German, and a few words here and there in French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, and far too many others to name... so if I make a small grammatical mistake, please don't hesitate to point it out to me. It is a rather large pain to try and learn three different grammatical structures. Especially when you only know a few words and small phrases to base your knowledge off of.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well, back when I was eight-years-old, about a decade ago, (actually, One day more then a decade, as of the time at which I am writing this) my grandfather came back from a yard sale. He was there to buy up books, since he was at that time buying up old or out of print books, sitting on them for about a year or so, and then reselling them for a profit, and stuck in one of the pages as a bookmark, was a CD for Warcraft : Orcs and Humans.

Naturally, being the nerdiest of the family, I managed to get my hands on it, and started playing it on the old Windows 95, Pentium 2 computer, which we had at the time. That game got me quite hooked on the series, and soon after I got Warcraft Two, Tides of Darkness, and then Beyond the Dark Portal. Again, the game managed to hold my attention for quite a while.

I could continue on this introduction to my introduction to Warcraft, but instead I think I'll just mention that it was originally STONEwind, not Stormwind, or at least, that's what the manual to Orcs and Humans I have, sitting on my dresser, tells me. And on an unrelated note- there is no reason I should already be this nostalgic- I'm barely an Adult!

On a partially related note: the reason I have a manual is because a year or so back, my Warcraft 1 CD broke. I managed to then get my hands on a relatively intact copy, and it came with a manual, instead of without, unlike the first copy I had.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Unfortunately, the vast majority of private servers lack even the most basic of roleplaying. And although I'll admit I am fairly green at it, no pun intended to any Orcs whom may happen to read this, roleplaying in general does interest me. Oops- my inner nerd is showing again... Oh no wait, that's just a mirror.

At any rate, like I just said, I came to this server for the express purpose that it is the only private roleplaying server I could find, which had a fairly regulated community, and a lack of the more pathetic additions to certain other 'roleplaying' type servers, which end up being nothing more then a single sentence or two of roleplay, followed by hours of grinding, and the same style of gameplay as most PVP servers.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Well, as you can see above, I'm fairly green at roleplaying. As a result, I'm quite open to trying any manner at least once, and most twice or more, just in case I happened to get into a specific type on an off day, or a sub-par storyline.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I really don't have a favorite race, although class wise, I will have to say hunter. Mind you, I'm usually not really that good of a hunter, but medieval archers, and crossbowmen are an interest of mine. I even tried to learn a bit of archery... which I have found that I am quite pathetic at.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Since, right off the bat, there is a much more strict rule set, and application process, I expect that the population will be as a generality, much more behaved then most other private servers, where Barrens chat is the ONLY chat.

I'm also hoping that the roleplaying won't be as much of a let down as most of the other servers I find that advertise that their main purpose is such, and end up being another All-GM server, or one of the many Instant-80 raiding servers, et cetera, et cetera.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
First off, the general rules of respecting your peers is a very good start. I have found too many servers where even the basics of common courtesy are the exceptions, few and quite far between. Almost as if the internet was a shield which prevents all forms of sanity from passing through.

Secondly, I can definitely respect the basic requirements to be accepted on to the server. Seeing as roleplaying is a lot more text based then normal World of Warcraft gameplay is, the grammar rule, and the other assorted guidelines along that vein make perfect sense.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Dugosh grabbed his chest, and looked down, a shocked look on his face. In between two of his fingers, embedded about two inches deep, an arrow shaft stuck straight outwards. He watched his hand as the deep red of blood slowly coated it, and then looked quickly back upwards at his attacker.

A small pair of faint white glows looked back, and the gleam of another metal arrowhead was barely visible in front of him, hidden in a small group of bushes, off the side of the pathway. The Night Elf turned, and quickly started making a getaway, her footfalls loud and hurried as she ran as fast as she could, away from the wounded Orc.

Dugosh let out a fierce roar, and quickly started barreling after her, hacking at branches of shrubbery, and low hanging trees, which all seemed to conspire to halt his progress, and block his path. His heavy footsteps, and ragged panting were loud, and rough, with a cough, or a short gurgle ever so often sneaking it's way out of him, as his own blood started to fill his lung.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
As far as I can tell, I believe I've covered everything. Thank you for taking the time to consider this application/introduction. I figured I should keep the introduction story fairly short, as the point is to show not only that I can write, but that I can write in a way that would include another roleplayer's action, after they had stated the fact, as well as my own character's reactions that would follow shortly thereafter.

Also, if this ends up being one of the Do's, or Do Not's of the application / introduction process, feel free to use it in any examples, without asking, just so long as my irresistible, and completely win name shows up in it somewhere.
Welcome to the server!