Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Blood Tracking, Is it possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay I have a simple question, is it possible for a normal mage, to track someone by their blood that has also been on an arrowhead, and contaminated by dirt?
Mages don't have that power, no. I actually don't know of any class that can do that, even in the RPG (Though perhaps a Witch Doctor has that under his purview, if he asks a Loa to do it. I'm not sure..)
The previous time someone wanted to use this, the GM staff (at the time) came to a unanimous decision that it wouldn't be allowed.
Thanks, just wanted to know. Now to tell the people who were possibly planning on doing it.
Something that I tend to keep in mind when considering what my arcanists or other might be able to do is how easily the ability I have in mind could be used for power/meta-gaming. An example could be most "tracking" spells that could easily be used as an excuse for people to barge into a scene to prevent a specific event that they or a friend don't want to happen without consulting the other participants. Another example is mind reading/manipulating which can used to excuse taking OOC information into RP to the advantage of [whomever].

Those kinds of abilities that can easily be used to power/meta-game should be avoided as we're not really comfortable with the OOC drama they tend to eventually generate. However, if you and the other participants within a plot are all comfortable with using an ability such as this to say, drive some plot forward, then we in the GM team probably won't mind it... Unless it does generate OOC drama, in which case you'll all be thrown into the Pit of Despair to gnawed upon by the angry, pink little creatures that proliferate there.

Though mind that whatever ability it is should still fit within the context of the setting.