Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: bobco13`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Where to begin.. Well, I started playing World of Warcraft in its early years before the Burning Crusade came out, aside from various breaks I took in my play time I have been playing ever since. I enjoy all types of the game ranging from defeating monstrous bosses, raiding enemy faction bases and cities, or just exploring the world. I recently developed an interest in role playing and I have tried it a few times so in all honesty I can't say I'm very experienced or fluent in the quality of role playing. I enjoy meeting new people and doing various activities in groups as long as its a nice group of people. I'm open to new things for the most part, which may be some of the reason why I want to role play so much, but I can be rather picky on certain other things to which I can't think of any examples right now. When it comes to getting to know me the best way is to talk to me first hand considering I'm not one to write down a lot of information about myself and leave others to read it and think they know me, so by all means feel free to have a conversation with me.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born in and currently live in The United States of America. I speak English primarily but if need be I do know a few years of Spanish from school lessons.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I have been playing Warcraft since its original design (as stated above) and since I was 10-11 years old, I'm 16 now. My older brother introduced me to it and I've been hooked ever since.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I had spent weeks searching for a decent, populated, private role playing server, with little success. The ones that were still running didn't appeal to me at all or were simply going nowhere. I had originally seen this server a week into my searches but due to my passion for the Night elves and the Alliance (which will be explained later,) I chose to wait and see if there were any other good role playing servers out there before I chose this one. As far as I know, this is the last structured sensible role playing server out there.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy the more adventurous fighting, action, and danger roleplay, though I am new to roleplay I have tried it a few times and on rare occasions I do enjoy the relaxing tavern type. Either way I enjoy roleplay in groups and pairs in the right amount for each situation. I also take a particular interest in player versus player roleplay, I take an active interest in player versus player combat so involving it into roleplay is a great time for me.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race is the Night elf and my class the druid. I'm not sure how to put my attraction to this race and class into words, I adore the Night elves natural grace, beauty, and harmony with nature which is only enhanced by the druid aspect of it. I originally made a warrior and enjoyed that class but it seemed lacking to be, my next class was the rogue, i enjoyed its abilities as well but it lacked endurance. I played the paladin for a while in the early burning crusade but I felt it to be limited. I then was introduced to the druid class in the specialization of feral, being the combination of a warrior and a rogue with healing capabilities in play-style I loved it. The lore of the druid was amazing to me as well, and the same with the lore of the Night Elves. I also have a strange dislike for the horde, the fact of playing on that side makes me shudder but sometimes I will if forced. This is what inspires some of my luster for war among the factions.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I have high expectations of the server, its my last hope for a decent roleplay server so I'm hoping it will be good. I hope to find nice players and a great environment in which to play in as well. It seems very official, organized, and structured with minimal bugs so I have a feeling if I'm accepted I will enjoy my time here.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The rules seem great to me but the one I found to be the most appealing was maturity. Far too many times have I played on a server where people acted in childish manners, using spam, capital letters, and poor language to get attention or feel superior in their delusional minds.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Please take in mind that I'm not very experienced at this so I have no idea how great my story is. (Please tell me if there's something I should look at.) It lacks some details..

Born long ago, before the third war, was Rakau in a remote location in East Ashenvale. He enjoyed a simple life as a child and trained as a druid in the Cenarion Circle as a Druid of the Claw. He excelled at his training and soon became an experienced druid. During this time He befriended an equally skilled druid named Taleniar, they spent much time together increasing their skills as druids as well as having long conversations and peaceful walks. This would be short lived though..

One day news reached Rakau and Taleniar as well as all of the Night Elves. The Warsong Orcs lumber industry was invading Ashenvale. Immediately the Sentinels began a defense but support was needed due to the Orcs numbers and a call to arms was issued. Being experienced druids of the claw Rakau and Taleniar were sent with many others to help defend the forest. Their training had payed off as they won many battles, but not without loss, the unrelenting Orcs pushed forward. One day while scouting Rakau found a small emblem to which his father always carried.. He looked around to discover he was standing on the site where his home once was, his parents, presumably dead. Rakau went back to his camp, enraged in sorrow. A few days later a massive number of both forces were organizing, Rakau was ready to seek his revenge in his new hatred for the orcs. When the battle started he rushed out with Taleniar to destroy the enemy, in the heat of the battle they became separated when a group of wolf riders came in between them. Rakau was pushed towards a calming side of the battle, and Taleniar into the fury of battle cries and metal. They could not reach other, Rakau looked over to see something devastating, Taleniar was laying on the ground, amongst the dead. The battle ceased as the Orcs retreated, Rakau rushed over to find his best friend who had gone off to the spirit realm.

As the war lessened to small encounters Rakau was called back, and slept in the Emerald Dream as did many druids for years.

He was awoken once again to fight. The third war had begun and many druids of the claw were called forth to battle the forces of Archimonde, including Rakau. His experience allowed him to excel even more during this war, he fought small encounters. Rakau was sent to aid the defense of Mount Hyjal and the world tree, the burning legion led a massive assault and Rakau was among the last stand. During combat, as Archimonde assaulted Nordrassil many of Rakau's allies fell near him and he became critically wounded being alone against a few remaining enemies. As he backed up, thinking it was the end, he felt rejuvenation in his body, and looked back quickly to see a fellow druid who had healed him and then aided him in Rakau's battle. Afterwards he learned her name to be Lunara, a very talented druid who used magic very well. They shared stories as both recovered and soon became inseparable. Deep in love they found a home in Winterspring, both sharing a love of snow. They spent many years there together but one day this peace was disrupted.

A druid of the Talon came to their home bringing news. The Cenarion Circle was requesting Lunara to aid them in Silithus as the gates of Ahn'Quiraj were opening and Rakau was requested to aid in the battle in Warsong Gulch to defend Ashenvale once again.

The two parted, promising to see each other soon, going to their locations of calling. A month went by, and many more, as the battle in Warsong gulch calmed for a bit Rakau decided to visit Lunara in Silithus. He ventured down, but upon his arrival at Cenarion hold he found a terrible sight. There were dead druids and minions of Ahn'Quiraj scattered on the ground, Rakau found many surviving Night Elves and desperately searched for Lunara. One sentinel pointed him to her post, but never mentioned it was the first to be attacked, Rakau went over to find one barely alive Sentinel. She told Rakau how they came under heavy attack and the members of their took a stand but could not handle the inumerous enemies and fell in combat.. Rakau was devastated, he found Lunara's body and respectively buried it back in Winterspring. He became infused with thoughts of revenge and would gather up a strong group of members of the Alliance and lead a daring assault on Ahn'quiraj eliminating a vast number of their enemies.

Rakau went back home.. and wept. Over many years he recovered and learned to appreciate the time he spent with Taleniar and Lunara. He now continues doing missions for the Cenarion Circle and the Alliance, as a Druid of the Wild. Rakau seeks to improve the world by whatever means necessary.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
There is nothing else that I would like to ask, for now that is, I'm sure I'll come up with something later.
Welcome to the server!
Welcome to the server!