Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: ineffabelle`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, I tend to have a certain few personas that tend to shine through in my RP. So I tend to make my rp characters around that. I'm kind of pithy in my descriptives, preferring to use dialogue and context to drive my interactions, unless a full on action scene is called for.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
United States - English

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well, I wanted to try out an MMORPG, I had been into tabletop RPG since a child. The alternatives to WoW all seemed a bit dry and/or not compelling*. But WoW had such a rich and well constructed lore and world and the "disney-esque" graphics made me fall in love with it.

* note, I do enjoy City of Heroes as well.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
To be honest, a google search. The more I read, the more curious I became.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Well I like conversations, I often find myself in pairs more than groups.
I am willing to do adult RP as well, but only if the situation leads into it properly.
I do enjoy crowd scenes if it doesn't boil down to two people dominating and everyone else fighting to get acknowledgment. I've had some wonderful times with 3 or 4 people.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I prefer Gnome or Dwarves on Alliance side and Forsaken or Orcs on horde side.
All of those races have some sort of aspect of myself that I can identify with. I've been called "a half gnome-half dwarf" by some of my friends, jokingly.
Warlocks and Death Knights can be fun to RP with because of the extreme nature of their origins, especially if you can lampshade some of people's expectations.
But it's really more of a combination thing. Gnome warriors are fun because of the "lolcat effect" - tiny yet fierce = cute. Dwarven hunters are nifty too, because of the dark/light relation they have with nature... "I love animals... they're really tasty too!"
Forsaken Priests are naturally interesting, as are Orc Shamen.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Well, I hope I can find some fun people to RP with in the rich lore setting provided by Blizzard.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
A lot of them are good rules, but I especially like "Knowing When To Quit". I think if more people really felt that way, it would be a lot easier to get good rp going without ending in hurt feelings and drama.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Mindy opened her eyes. "Home again" she thought to herself. The familiar scene of her night table, the alarm clock sitting on it, and the window next to her bed was somehow comforting. As was the familiar sounds of traffic outside her window. She didn't remember exactly how she got back home, the last thing she remembered was the costume party. She rolled over and looked down at the floor, her boots were next to the bed, unzipped. "I guess the punch was a lot stronger than I thought it was" she mused. "Still, it could have been worse. Time to brew a nice pot of coffee and get on with the day."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Welcome to the server!