Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Corey`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, I'm a forum moderator and a designer for another RP server that is quite small and doesn't have a host yet, because it is all that is left of the true Millennium WoW. I'm a very loyal staff member, and sadly am one of the only people left to bring a little life into the small forum that we have.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
West Philadelphia born and raised. Heh, just kidding. I come from the United States and I speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
When I was about nine or ten years old, my neighbors whom were handicap used to hang out with us and we would help them around the house. They allowed me and my brother to play their Warcraft II game and eventually even gave it to us because we liked it so much.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I wasn't aware that there was any other server that I haven't been to yet, actually. This server seems to be the most popular one, and I'm just trying to find something fun to do since my life is rather boring right now.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Battle RP is extremely fun, but no RP is good if it's only focused around one 'kind'. I also like emotionally themed RP because it sort of creates a connection between you and your character.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race is without a doubt the night elves. They just stand out the most to me because they have a strong connection with nature, and nature is quite beautiful. Amongst the night elf race comes my favorite class, the rangers. I like them because they're fast and can easily avoid danger.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to find a friendly community that will not judge me for the server that I come from, and create a well-established, mature RPing server.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I'm gonna have to go with tolerance and respect because that is something I find very lacking in many online communities. The trolls are irresponsible people cause so much chaos and tend to ruin the fun for other players. It's good to know that things are more calm here.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
From an old Aion character autobiography:

Self-Intro: My name is Sylvester Egaro VII, and I suffer from a horrifying curse. I reside in the same Atreia as everyone else, but my personal domain is much different. Everything that I dream is reanimated when I awake, and it is all isolated within my own imagination. The only link between the immaculate world and my own living hell is through contact with my right hand. However, this brief connection only allows contact by touch. There is no feasible way to access my visual mentality.

History: The Egaro family is amongst the most prominent noble powers throughout all of Sanctum. It was from their blood that I had originally inherited my arrogance. I lead my life trying to meet the expectations of my grandfather, Sylvester Egaro V. Grandpa was an excessive alcoholic and developed osteoporosis shortly before he ascended on his 62nd birthday. He had been training as a templar and his newly acquired disease greatly affected his performance in battle. So instead of battling in the Abyss with my father, he remained at home and personally taught me how to fight. Under his guidance I ascended quicker than most of my ancestors. When I ascended at the age of 23, I was still just as naive and arrogant as always.

After I ascended, I started my work in the Abyss. My origins as a noble sometimes got the best of me, and I was often disrespected by lower rank daevas. With exceptional battle experience over a few years, I was eventually promoted to squad leader. Although still disrespected by some, I had my father and many high-ranking individuals on my side. I felt powerful... and as if I were permitted to do whatever I wanted without consequence. Even though some daevas didn't like me, they still had to do what I commanded. I thought that this was great, and I used this power to my own advantage. Eventually, I found something that I really wanted... and I wasn't going to take "no" for an answer. I lead my squadron into the home of a poor Theobomos family in an attempt to steal their small treasure. After my men backed down, I decided to take matters into my own hands. The family refused to give up their treasured amulet, so I stole it instead. The rest of my squad was sick of my selfishness and arrogance so they grabbed ahold of me and restrained me with a chain. Without a trial, they simply threw me into a dungeon cell within Verteron Citadel.

That same night, a dark hooded Lepharist came to me in my cell with a dubious offer. Him and his lackies knew who I was, and they wanted a large portion of kinah. They were my only escape, so I used them. I still hadn't learned my lesson, and I decided to kill them off as soon as they released me. Three of the Lepharists had died, while their boss returned to an obelisk. With eyes glowing bright green, the hooded man said, "Sweet dreams... Sylvester Egaro VII." His image finally faded away as he let out an apocalyptic laugh. From that point on, I have been cursed with horrid nightmares that become a reality when I awake. I had taken my arrogance too far, and now there was no going back.

Nobody knew that I had escaped, because nobody cared. My life wasn't restored at all, and I am forced to live under this powerful curse for the rest of my eternal life. I have constant nightmares of being assassinated by a variety of beasts and monstrosities, and they all come true. It is also very difficult to hold any relationships with others without them concluding that I am insane. If only I hadn't been so foolish, I wouldn't suffer from this everlasting torment.

It has been many years since my time as a respectable Egaro, and since then I have learned many valuable lessons. Please, let my story set an example for every new daeva to follow. Arrogance is not an honorable way to live your life, and only leads to negative karma. Doing what is right and helping each other out is what brings us true honor.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope.
Welcome to the server!