Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Dmitri`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
My name is Brandon. I've been a role player since I was... Nine? That sounds about right. I got started role playing when I started playing Dungeons and Dragons, and quickly started role playing on Warcraft three, and I still occasionally do take part in Warcraft Three role playing games, when I can find them. I moved over to World of Warcraft a year after it came out, and attempted to find role play where ever I went. Most of the role plays I took part in on World of Warcraft came and went with the sun, most of it taking place in the Goldshire tavern. (God, I hate that place now.) After a year or so of role playing in Goldshire every other night, I took a break from role playing up until a few months ago, when my friend started up another game of Dungeons and Dragons. I've since gotten back into role playing, and I'm looking for a way to find quality role playing.
There's my role playing history... Now for me.
I'm in High school at the moment, and enjoy any and all forms of science and engineering (Software, computer, civil, anything goes.) I enjoy pushing myself, and I am always seeking challenges. I play rugby casually, along with soccer.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I hail from Canada, and my primary language is English.
(I know enough french to say hello, but that's it.)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I saw my Dungeon Master for a game of Dungeons and Dragons playing Warcraft three back when I was younger. I asked him if I could play, and he shot me down. This made me want to try it even more. So, that year, for Christmas (I was a youngin', so to speak.) I asked my parents and voila, I got it. I've been hooked on the Warcraft series since then.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I think what made me seek out and choose this server, is the high quality of the filtration system here. (The introductions, the extensive rules, all that jazz.) I used to role play in places like Gaia online, and on Warcraft three, and once in a blue moon on World of Warcraft itself. Most of these places devolved from actual RP into one or two people being all important (In their minds.) and practically killed the Role play whenever someone didn't polish their ego. This place, Conquest of the Horde, seems to have less, or even none of this. And, not to mention, no mary sues. I've had a lot of experience with Mary Sues, and one of my friends has a half dragon half vampire that he continually insists isn't mary sueish. This server's over all quality seems to be higher then any other place I've been in the past.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy most kinds of RP, especially horror and exploration. I dislike any and all ERP, and find it disturbing that most RP I have ever run into has attempted or succeeded in devolving into this. Any other kind of role play is good to go.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race is human, and my favorite class is hunter. (Man Blizzard, why wasn't this available at launch?) Human is my favorite race because they are the most varied. Humans are the bane and savior of the world. They can build mighty things, cities, armies, anything, but they also destroy themselves just as often. Hunters are my favorite class because I enjoy ranged game play and not getting into the fray myself.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I hope this server has ample amounts of role play, and from what I've seen on the forums, it does. I also hope Out of Character drama is kept to a minimum and out of the center stage of the server.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The respect rule. More then once, I have had role plays turn into giant flame wars over the smallest of details.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The blinding snow continued to pour down from the heavens, and a man- No, a monster, appeared from within the shroud of snow. Behind him, the long trail of his trophies followed behind, cackling as if they were still alive. The men that followed only glanced at their Leader's trophies with grimaces, it being a constant and grim reminder of what happens to those who fail. His eyes, the color of burnt wood, glanced down from the valley, and came to rest upon a sleepy town.
Another figure approached him, through the shroud of snow. His robe seemed to darken the world around him, and as he approached, he coughed, spitting blood into the snow before him. He bowed to his leader "Sire, when do we begin?" The monster turned, his scarred face looking down at the man, and mouthed the words "Now." The man in the robe nods, and turns to face the men. He points at them, and then at the sleepy village. The men cried in unison, sounding nothing like men, only beasts. The broke into a sprint down toward the village, screaming cries in a language that is long forgotten. The disappeared into the wall of snow as quickly as they appeared, never to be seen, only heard as the crashed down toward the village.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nothin'. The rules are pretty straightforward and better written and thought out then most place I've been to. And, when posting on the forum, is there a minimum post length in the in character sub forum?
Quote:And, when posting on the forum, is there a minimum post length in the in character sub forum?

Nope.

Anyway, welcome to the server!