Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Graphics problem.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So yeah.

It happened first on Therodore when I was in Elwynn. For some reason, everything was black save for patches of terrain and some buildings. Then it happened again later in Booty Bay. I couldn't see any chat windows, but I could still type in them. There's no interface bars or anything visible. So I restarted WoW, and then it fixed itself.

But today, it happened on Mokaku when I went into Dalaran. So I logged out, went back in. Then -everything- was black for a moment, before it just went back to partial darkness. So I restarted WoW, and then I got this:

[Image: 2h3bhts.jpg]

What's odd is that I'm not even wearing any leather Northrend gloves, nor do I have any in my inventory, plus I can't see how leather gloves would cause my background strange. If I can get a screenshot of what it looks like, I'll put it here. I've no idea what this is, but before I do anything do try fix it, I'd like to see if anyone can give any input into what this problem is. Do I need to get a new graphics card? Or do I just need to do a repair?
Maybe a person wearing them was in both places, it could be a huge coincidence.. But..
I had an error similar to this on my laptop, WoW would just randomly shut down and give me some graphics error. I fixed it by updating my graphics drivers.
From here, I selected Error #134 - Failed to open archive dbc.MPQ since it was the most similar.

Quote:The error you are experiencing is usually caused by a corrupted or missing file. However, we have also seen this error message being caused by bad sectors on your harddrive or bad/mismatched RAM. Please try each of our solutions as each one has been known to resolve this issue.
The article also has step-by-step directions that may be able to help you.
Hrm, after logging back onto Draknir, I didn't experience this bug again. Maybe it's Dalaran. If it happens again though, I'll have to do something about it.

Thanks for the help!