Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: mariohgh`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
As a player; I thoroughly enjoy role-playing, even as a young child I would always enjoy playing some D&D with a couple of friends here and then; formally addressing the Dungeon Master as "Master" so my next turn would be to my advantage, anyway; after the age of 14, I really enjoyed role-playing in all sorts of games, and the vast possibilities in WoW really caught my eye as it is something I really enjoy now. I am now 19 years of age and I spend my time reading novels and role-playing, I have many friends that enjoy it too and we meet up at regular intervals to do so. I'm a fairly fair player and I like hearing everyone's opinion.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I currently live in north-west london, I was born and raised here too. My mum was born in Cornwall and moved to London when she was just a wee toddler, as for my father, he passed away last year, peace be upon him, was born and raised in Leeds. A pretty typical English family. We aren't really typical though, I actually HATE tea :).

How did you get into Warcraft?:
6 years ago, my friend introduced me to the game, I became so hooked that I literally had to wash my dad's car every week to get him to pay for my monthly membership, but 3 years later, I gave up on the grinding and the raiding and I took an easier, smoother and more relaxed path of the game; Role-Playing! I really enjoy the game mechanics and it is very suitable for Role-playing I must admit, I still sometimes log onto a retail server from time to time just to catch up with some of my pals I have on there, they're actually really nice guys!

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I was recommended by a friend named Derek, I am not sure about his in-game name, but I will get back to you as soon as possible, he said; yours is one of the best he has ever been on, so I decided to give it a shot.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I mostly enjoy the relaxing tavern scenery or the walk by the beach and picnic role-play, I am really not into danger, and I cower before anything that even strikes a minuscule amount of fear into my heart, what can I say, I'm a coward, but a relaxed and chilled out one.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favourite race would have to be the Tauren; they are the most peaceful of races and I have the most respect for their leader. I also enjoy their complex culture and their love for nature, Taurens are really pacifists and they live up to it. My favourite class would either be the hunter or the warrior. The warrior because of their stoic attitude and their unbreakable morale, they are really something that appeals to me in every way. The hunter is also one of my favourite classes due to their survival aspect and their real lust for life, its the vividness of the hunter's soul that really reaches out to me and reels me in to play one.

What are your expectations of this server?:
All I am really looking for is a nice time, I don't care if the server is bugged or laggy or whatnot. As long as I am having a nice ale in a cosy tavern, I don't really mind if the world turns upside down, it'll be alright because I'm tipsy as hell anyway.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I very much enjoy the rule or subcategory of "Keyboard Skills"; this really helps as I sometimes cannot interpret what some people are saying even though they are trying their hardest, I understand, but abbreviations shouldn't really be accepted in situations like role-playing, because they really ruin the mood; such as; "kk thx lts go" - will really make me annoyed because I don't want to have to elongate every word in their head so that I would have to understand it myself.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I am actually taking English Literature at my university(Queen Mary - London) and analyse quite a wide variety of novels, sonnets and poems and frankly, I write a few myself too. If you were to contact me in 2 days from now, I will send you my latest work, it's a poem I've been working on for the last 2 weeks and I am just adding some finishing touches.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I am not much with the sympathy talk, but if I was given a chance so I could prove myself I would really try that little bit extra to fit into the community and try to be a member, I have really enjoyed writing this and as a whole, see your server as a chance to express my true feelings through a variety of ways. Thank you very much for listening to me and I hope we will meet again in-game.
Mwahaha! Welcome to the Server!

mariohgh Wrote:...I actually HATE tea :)....

I'm already beginning to like you. :twisted: