Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Kipchak`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Good day!

As a player I love to interact with others, plain and simple. What first got me hooked into this game were my friends and the amount of teamwork possible in nearly every aspect of the game. This naturally led to my discovery, appreciation, and connection with role playing. I played retail for a total of about 4 years off and on, as well as two other private servers, participating in raid progression and RP alike. Quality and lasting RP, however, is often hard to find, but every once in a while an opportunity would arise. This community seems like such an opportunity as I would further like to develop my character's history and persona. One of the greatest aspects of this game and RP in general is the quality friend making that inevitably ensues.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born and raised in Washington State, the most beautiful state in the USA. Thanks to the beautiful scenery here I have a great appreciation for nature and love to be outside. I speak English and small bits of French and Korean. The Korean I know is mostly food-related. Delicious.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I was first introduced into the Warcraft universe through my friends and Warcraft III. I only dabbled until WoW was released and then began exploring the depths of the world more seriously soon thereafter. My closest friends eventually moved on and stopped playing regularly years ago. I have not played retail for about year and although I miss it dearly the community, as I see it, has become too convoluted.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I have been doing research on private servers, which includes playing on a couple, for about a year now. I became aware of Conquest of the Horde through searching almost two months ago and have watched the forums, events, and people to get a feel for the community. There are aspects of the server that stand out, but eventually it is the community that has drawn me to become a part of it.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Although my character needs his down time to rest and relax he does his best in groups and high stress situations. He loves to eat, explore, and battle with his companions above all else. He would love to lend his talents and become a member of an experienced group.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
The nomadic Tauren are by far my favorite race. Their history with the world, strong tie with mysticism, and contradicting nature are incredibly appealing. Druids have an interesting role in the universe. The respect they have for the world is incredibly admirable and I revere them for it.

What are your expectations of this server?:
The professionalism I have already seen throughout the forums is evidence enough that this ship sails quite smoothly. I have no doubt that it will continue to do so and that the community thrives under such administration. I do expect to see plenty of respectful and fun RP across the continents.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect and maturity appeal to me most. There is a place where one can go and defy these sorts of rules and it only costs $15 a month.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I was panicking.
"Where did she go?" I thought. "She was was right here by this tree just a moment ago."
I scoured the area, called her name, and looked for hoof prints. Again, nothing.
"Maybe she went home. Maybe she got bored and left without telling me. And maybe... she's been eaten by raptor. My God, WHAT AM I GOING TO TELL MOM?"
Buckets of sweat were pouring down my brow and off of my snout. I was ready to pass out, until just then a soft, quiet breeze blew over the long grass and through my hair. "Maybe I need to calm down," I thought.
Nope, not a chance that was going to work.
I gathered her things under the tree into my pack. Then logically I hit the tree out of frustration.
"Mother of....OW!" I said to myself grasping my hand.
I began pulling out the splinters embedded in my skin when I heard giggling from above me. I quickly looked up to see my sister sitting on a branch with her hands covering her mouth, but obviously grinning from horn to horn.
Just then I was swept by a maelstrom of emotions. Angry, happy, you name it and I probably felt it at that moment.
I simply shook my head and sighed, no words could come out. No decent words, that is.
Without me having to tell her she began to scoot back towards the center of the tree so that she could climb down.
What is interesting is that a Tauren at any age, even a female, is still heavy, and the fact that any tree branch could hold one without snapping is simply astonishing.
I glanced over to see the end of the branch that she was sitting on was severely bent. In fact it was low enough for me to jump and grab it.
With a sinister smirk upon my face I called over to her, "Hey Sis."
She turned around and saw what I was holding, and just as her face turned from glee to stunned I yanked hard on her only support.
With a howl and a scream her body came down like a meteor on a mission to destroy the Barrens. And, of course, she landed on right on her rear.
She cried for nearly twenty minutes. I cried too, but for an entirely different reason.
I never felt closer to my sister that day as we made our way home, her arm over my shoulder as she hobbled on one leg.
I miss her every day I am apart from her.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Just want to say thank you for taking the time to read this and any comments or criticism you have or might have in the future will be taken very appreciatively.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, please make sure to check out our Rules, Policies, FAQs, and Wiki. Also take a gander at our grammar and spelling guides and the level we expect here on the server.

And be sure to /join chat when you get in game!

<333

Cressy

PS. We do have the best scenery ever out here. :D