Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Protesilaus`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
My name is Kevin, eh... active roleplayer. I try to think myself as a decent, mature and friendly roleplayer, but I suppose not everyone goes along with everyone. I aim to have a hopefully great time on this server, and to meet and interact with the numerous players on the server.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from the United States of America, though at the moment, I live in a small country in South-East Asia, called Singapore. I'm moving back next year, and my primary language would be English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got introduced by a friend, and played early-TBC retail for awhile. I quit, before coming back for a month, and got into RP then. Poked about, found out about Private Servers, and improved my RP on various servers, and hopefully, continue doing so here.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I got recommended here by a few friends, all of them stating that Conquest of the Horde (or more commonly known as CoTH) praised on my virtues regarding roleplay and of the likes. I'm currently trying to apply for your server, seeking serious, regulated roleplay, as opposed to the numerous other "types" of roleplay scattered about.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
What appeals me the most? Why, I enjoy roleplay for what it is - playing the role of my character, which will definitely differ. I can be a normal citizen, trying to get by during tough times, or a daring adventurer, seeking to make a fortune and a name for himself, or someone dark, shady and always scheming. My roleplay varies accordingly, and I absolutely love every single kind of roleplay, as long as they fit with my character.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Another tough question. As I have stated, I love every kind of roleplay, and so, that would naturally apply to my choice of race / class as well. I could choose to play someone lawful and good, pure of heart, and so I might choose a Draenei Paladin, or Vindicator, to go along with that personality. If I wanted someone dark, shady and charismatic, I probably would've picked a Human Rogue, or maybe even a Warlock! The choices are endless, and I have no favourite, simply because I enjoy roleplay. Of course, there are a few races / class I can't roleplay as well as I'd like, but hopefully we're just talking about my preferences.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I would be lying if I said my expectations weren't high. I heard how the server strictly enforce rules that would prevent illogical, drama-making and ultimately, extremely poor roleplay, and so I would expect some serious, proper, roleplay, where imaginations are our limits, logic and common sense as well as server rules helping us make the right decisions and guide us down a path of great roleplay. Of course, I do not write (or type) this snobbishly, and don't believe that I am the greatest roleplayer of all time. Everyone can and will learn from experience, so hopefully, so will I, with the server's help.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
While Respect and Tolerance were appealing, Maturity tops them both. With Maturity, understanding, logic and rationality comes into play, and all those are, in my opinion, -great- things. It will help with solving "drama" in a rational, calm manner, letting both sides review mistakes and hopefully learning from them, as opposed to typing in caps and yelling at each other when they could've gotten along just fine, and even help one another. It also helps in your roleplay, as it helps you to understand your character, emotions and such, letting you immerse yourself in the World of Warcraft.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
If possible, I think I would like to hold this off until later. I would like to "test the water" for a bit, to take a look at the level of "Grunts", before deciding if I can actually be one, and see if I would fit in well with the server's population first. If I wish to move up to Gruntship, though, I would be more than happy to oblige, and share one of my works with everyone.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I would like to note that while I consider myself a decent, active and mature roleplayer, people might disagree, and like everyone else, I -do- have my limits before I hit the rage button and can get quite a little immature. I am very well aware of this limit, and just hope that it will never come to that, because I will say things without thinking and will definitely end up regretting. I usually try to calm myself before everything goes South, and just like to note about this. Otherwise, everything is clear to me, and I just hope I can pass this little check and hopefully fit in with the server.

Thank you for reading my introduction, and enjoy your day.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, please make sure to check out our Rules, Policies, FAQs, and Wiki. Also take a gander at our grammar and spelling guides and the level we expect here on the server.

And be sure to /join chat when you get in game!

<333

Cressy
My thanks, I'm glad to be part of the community, and I definitely will (and have) check out your Wiki. Thanks once again.