Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Cruoris`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, lets see. I'll do a quick run through of the previous styles I've done. When I first started roleplaying, I tended to play shadowy and smartass characters, basically delinquents. Then, I lets say, evolved into playing characters that tend to work for the good of the world, and themselves. Basically like paladins, priests and such. Then I started working around what I liked to call 'the greater good'. That was where I roleplayed as a 'good' character but used rather harsh techniques to achieve that said 'good' that the character is striving for. No, I wasn't a paladin using shadow magic or anything stupid like that. I would play a warrior who would try to kill those he believed to be causing trouble. A vigilante sort of style. I stayed on that style for quite some time, my longest roleplay tendency. However, I'm matching it with a pure evil style currently. I now tend to roleplay characters with a Chaotic Evil Alignment. I've done many different things over many different servers.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am Canadian, and I speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Back in the 8th grade, my friend got into an advertisement and started playing. He soon afterward dragged me into the cycle. When my account was hacked, a level 67, I quit. I was very unhappy. I mean, that was about 5 years ago. Ever since, I've been back and forth between private servers and retail raiding with a new account, which recently was hacked. I plan to go back to retail with one final attempt. My friend is helping me out. Of course, I still plan to bounce back between both.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Well, basically the last server I was on, is becoming horrible at knowing their lore, their own rules, and the concept of roleplaying over all. This server's name has been said multiple times over the other servers I've been on. I was here once before, but didn't like the concept. This was on of the servers I hit when first hacked. I was young and didn't want to level. However, I'm rather really into roleplay now, and I just want something that will work. This server has that, I believe.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy, pretty much everything, except for Stormwind rp. I DESPISE it with a passion. Mainly due to the last server I was on. We had an unfortunate amount of high elves running around in SW ignoring guards and such and doing whatever they want. I'm mainly into dark, corrupt roleplay now, taking the chaotic evil style. I prefer to hang out with a guild of evil chars and such. Honestly, fights, I'm not really into, as I've had bad experiences due to OOC arguments. I will fight if needed, though.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Human and Vrykul are my favorite races. Humans are so versatile and I'm so sick of elves. Vrykul, are just awesome due to basically being vikings. I've always loved vikings and their styles of pillaging and killing and all. As for classes. I like death knights, as I find they best reflect myself. A dark, twisted and corrupt personality. I also like warriors. Again, versatile like humans, I find.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect proper lore usage, proper knowledge of rules. Overall, I want proper roleplay. Too many times have I seen, on the last server 'Good Roleplayers' apply for a demon or undead class and walk into Stormwind and not be noticed by paladins and other lightusers there. Its basically the fact that, they want the class for power, but they don't want to restrict themselves to the normal area where they would roleplay properly. Like for undead, a tainted and blighted area, like Tirisfal or the Plaguelands. I've seen undead 'take up disguises' and walk right into Stormwind, without any proof of having a proper disguise bestowed upon them.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
RESPECT. I have many complaints about my old server. Mainly due to the GMs taking sides. They will take a side and only give respect to those they think are worthy of it. Now, heres the problem. Those that are worthy, are of the 'popular' side of the server. The side where people will do what they want and lorebreak and make excuses for it. While the proper roleplayers try to do things right and are chastised for knowing their lore and how to do things right. These are the people that prove the GMs wrong and try to be respectful. I know, because, I myself am in this side of the server. I've picked out many flaws in many different things and many lorebreaks, but if some GM is there, they'll decide for themself, and take a side and not look at the flaws and breaks of lore. They won't respect both sides.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The wind howled, and the trees groaned as if they were trying to forewarn of something. Off in the distance rustling could be heard. Varen glanced around nervously, watching for any sign of movement. His eyes darted from tree to tree as he walked along the dark path. Duskwood was certainly not the friendliest of places. The wind fell to an abrupt halt, almost as if it were commanded to. A soft scratching noise flew to Varen's ears from a distance. He panicked and looked around frantically, his hand flying to the hilt of his broadsword belted at his waist. Taking a few deep breaths, he started to walk again, down the narrow, twisting path, "Its just the wind and trees." He uttered to himself, trying to remain calm. The only thing wrong was: He knew it was something. There was no such thing as just the wind and trees in this haunted, desocrated forest.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Well, it won't let me do any more in above box. So, i guess thats it. Also, I have no intention of becoming a grunt. I do however plan to apply for a prestige class, over time. Thank you for reading, and chances are in-game, I'll be known as Ferinus or Morsus, if you need to contact me. I look forward to roleplaying here and giving it a shot. And again, thank you for reading.
Welcome to the server!