Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Kailden`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Let's see. I've been playing World of Warcraft for about five years now. I started by rolling on a PvP server (ahh, the memories of being ganked by a 60 Orc Hunter in Giantstalker out by Ravenhill) and I use to raid with my dad. I eventually got really tired of my raiding guild (my dad didn't help matters). So I looked at roleplaying. My first character was a human paladin on Sentinels (US), and I quickly was thrown into the world of roleplaying. I'm not sure what I was doing that first year, but eventually I became a more experienced player and that character has been retcon'd time and time again until his story was perfect.
I enjoy roleplaying and raiding occasionally. I've never been really big into PvP but I do dabble from time to time. I try to be the best person I can be while playing online. I have a tendentious to angered when I'm stuck with people who enjoy to grief.
I'm not sure what else to say, I'm coming into my last year of Highschool, I've got two younger sisters, and two cats. I enjoy time with my friends, when my studies allow it. I've got four years of World of Warcraft roleplaying under my belt, and I love to write. I hope to one day be an author of a best selling novel, it's a dream that I intend to work towards.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am a citizen of the United States of America. My primary language is English (no secondary languages as of this moment, but looking into learning a few.)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
When I was in Third Grade my family was going through a tough time, and my dad showed me Diablo II. I was really fun, and got us through those times. A couple years later I was talking to one of my friends and he suggested the Warcraft series. So I bought Warcraft II (still my favorite) and soon after Warcraft III. A couple years later World of Warcraft came out and I was instantly enthralled by the idea of a Warcraft MMO.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I would often go looking for private servers but I was only able to find one or two Private Role Playing Servers. Recently I was looking up information on the Argent Dawn Templars, and I stumbled onto your wiki page. I looked around a bit and thought it seemed really cool.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy many varieties of roleplaying. I most enjoy roleplaying epic stories (not in scale necessarily, but in overall story development). I enjoy writing RP stories for me and my friends, often epic quest. I can understand the appeal of playing an average character who hangs around the same general area, but when I RP, I go for the gold (often undershooting my target by far) and I enjoy making my character feel like they've done something to change the world, for better or for worst, even if they haven't really.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Honestly, though I don't roleplay them very often, I absolutely love orcs. They have so much lore behind them, and they are one of the more interesting races in the world. What was first a bloodthirsty Horde, we later found out were nothing but merely a tool of the Burning Legion. The orcs have far more interesting heroes, and each clan is interesting and unique. That and it might be the fact that they were the first race I ever played, back in Warcraft II. I really like what Garrosh is doing with The Horde in Cataclysm, it really gives me a Warcraft II feel, especially with the Goblins joining the Horde. Not to mention the politics within the Horde in Cataclysm.

My favorite class would be paladin though. My dad use to play a paladin in D&D, before I would go to bed, he would tell me of adventures he had with his paladin. When I first saw the paladins of Lordaeron, I was immediately interested. I only enjoy classic human paladins though. Anything that isn't Lordaeron (i.e. Scarlet Crusade, Silver Hand, Argent Dawn) I really am not interested in. I loathe the Blood Knights, I mean, it didn't have to be that complicated. Either way, I found the Paladin's code of honor, heroes, and traditions very interesting. I think paladins are one of the most lore heavy classes (comparable to druids or shamans) the only class more lore heavy might be mages.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Just a laid back RP environment. Somewhere where I can RP my character, maybe try out some of my other RP ideas, and see how they play out. I recently have been having trouble finding a nice RP environment, and I hoping that a small, tightly knit community can be the remedy.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Humility. Anytime I begin writing RP Characters (especially many that are part of one story) I try and make each character the main character of their story. While I've seen so many paladins who (pre-WotLK) claim they would be the wielder of the Ashbringer, I found it more interesting to RP a character who rises to power, but only limitedly. For example, rather than a high ranking member of the Argent Crusade (a general perhaps) a simple knight is much more enjoyable to RP. After dealing with the largest Mary Sue I've ever had to deal with, I welcome humility.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The dawn was approaching on the forest of northern Lordaeron. The land was green and lush, a natural beauty. Nestled in the hills stood the city of Stratholme, responsible for most of the trade with the neighboring Alliance kingdoms. The streets became alive with the stores. All peoples of the Alliance could be found on the streets of Stratholme. As the city became alive, a beam of light crept into a small room.
The light shown onto the half-elf's face. He pushed himself up, his blue eyes slowly looked around the room. He pushed himself off the bed. He was about the size of the average man, he was lean, and his his hair was short, and dark brown. He approached the armoire across the room. Inside was silver armor, with a blue tabard bearing a silver fist in the center.
He donned the armor and walked down stairs, there his brother awaited. He brother looked slightly younger, but with the same short brown hair and blue eyes. The younger brother grinned, "Today's the day, Kailden." Kailden nodded, "Are you scared?" his brother simply chuckled "A couple instructors and some trials aren't anything to be afraid of. After today, we will take our final vows." Kailden smiled, "And our names shall join the halls of our father and uncle."
Kailden's sister walked briskly into the room, she wore blue robes and had long brown hair. "Alidair, I thought I told you to stop by the market last night." Alidair shook his head, "Agh, I must have forgot. I'll do it on the way home." She picked up several tomes and quickly strode out of the room.
Alidair frowned, "She's always to busy now." Kailden shook his head, "Com'on. We better get going before we're late."
The cobbled streets of Stratholme were crowded with people, Kailden motioned Alidair to follow him. "How are you and Terasala?" Kailden began. Alidair shrugged, "I don't see how that is any of your business... What about Aldinora, what's gotten her in such a mood lately?" Kailden shrugged, "Mage studies I suppose..." Alidair shook his head, "I never saw mom like that."
They arrived in Festivale Lane and Kailden stopped, "I want to stop by the flower shop while we are here." Alidair grinned, "This doesn't have anything to do with that poor girl you've been stalking, has it?" Kailden turned a bright red, "I haven't been stalking her." His embarrassment melted into a grin, "Besides... I don't see how that's any of your business."
Kailden walked into the small store and looked about, potted flowers filled the store, "Hello?" A young woman appeared, with violet eyes and long, golden brown hair. "Hello Kailden." He began to sweat, "Oh, hey Sophie... How's business." She smiled, "Business is good. How has your brother and sister been?" Kailden stammered a bit, "Uhh... Good, they're good. Alidair is the same. Aldinora seems more withdrawn that usual though." She nodded, "Today is the big day, isn't it?" He simply nodded. "I have a present for you." She plucked a purple flower from one of the pots and handed it to him. "It's a Stratholme Lily, they are rare, and only grow around here. Consider it a good luck charm." Kailden smiled, "Thank you."
Alidair leaned against a post outside the shop with a smug grin on his face. "What's with you?" Kailden inquired. Alidair shook his head, "That poor girl." Kailden glared at him, "I really hate being your brother sometimes... You know that?" The continued on to Cathedral Square.
-
The city was engulfed in a storm. Kailden and Alidair walked towards Market Row. Up ahead they noticed fire. Quickly, they rushed forward to see what was happening. Legions of rotting cadavers began to shamble towards the brothers. In the distance, several kicked in doors could be made out. Prince Arthas Menethil of Lordaeron stepped forward from a home, his warhammer was covered in blood.
Kailden began to shake, he reached for his hammer and shield. Alidair reached for his warhammer. The brothers trembled as the undead drew closer. Suddenly one lunged at Kailden, he threw up his shield, the undead stopped in his tracks. Kailden brought back the shield and hit the undead with it, sending it back onto the ground. Alidair felt something grab onto his back, he turned around to see more of the undead approaching. Kailden knocked the undead off of Alidair's back, and Alidair brought his hammer into the side of the undead's skull.
Kailden held off another one with his shield, and brought his hammer down onto the undead's skull. Alidair swung his warhammer at another's, shattering it's ribcage, and sending it tumbling over. The brothers fought wave after wave, back to back, until they were exhausted.
Alidair fell to one knee, barely able to keep his warhammer up. Kailden let down his shield, it's weight too much to bear any longer. As the undead approached the brothers, a ring of fire surrounded them, and the undead were engulfed in the flames. As the flames evaporated, Aldinora approached, "Hurry, get up! Com'on! We need to get out of here!" Kailden and Alidair lifted themselves up and followed Aldinora out of the city.
They crossed the bridge from Stratholme and watched as their home was engulfed in flames and death. Kailden reached into his a bag on his belt and pulled out the Stratholme Lily. The Lionheart family stood, in horror and shock, knowing there was nothing they could do.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
What's your policy on Roleplaying half-elves or something similar? The character I use to roleplay was a half-elf paladin, which I quite enjoyed. If you discourage the idea, then I have a few character ideas I've been dying to try out.
Quote:What's your policy on Roleplaying half-elves or something similar? The character I use to roleplay was a half-elf paladin, which I quite enjoyed. If you discourage the idea, then I have a few character ideas I've been dying to try out.

Halfbreeds aren't allowed. :(

Other than that, welcome to the server!