Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: SteelJester`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, first and foremost I'd like to state my RP history goes back to the days of Star Wars Galaxies. I started at the tender age of 12 (very laughable attempts looking at it now) and was swiftly discouraged in my attempts to RP after being kicked from an RP guild once they asked me my age and I told them 12...one would speculate that it was from immaturity but I guarantee, I wasn't really a youth like that you see on retail WoW these days so I'll just render the event voidable.

Fast forward one year and I entered SWG's unofficial RP server called Starsider. This is really where I developed and matured as a roleplayer as I had never roleplayed in depth before (the 12 year old stint was about a week). I roleplayed a trandoshan slaver for around 2 or 3 years before leaving the game for RL reasons. I won't buff myself up from things my fellow RPers said about me but I'll leave it at I didn't stay for so long only because I was intent on being an incessant bother, I would qualify myself as pretty good at the whole scene ^_-.

That was all an attempt to show you my experience and feel for RP. I'm 18 now and have been playing WoW private servers (and WoW in general) since around December. I found playing this game that while I had never actually played MMORPG for the mechanics, I could finally handle the scope of them to actually use them for entertainment. Afterward, after the long grind and jumping from "better" server to "better" with my friends, I noticed I felt like I was really missing something. That something was the RP that I so enjoyed in SWG.

I've never roleplayed in a fantasy setting and currently am reading the WoW and server lore to familiarize myself with how RP should work in this setting. I'm not just running into WoW and deciding to set up shop here, though. I am familiar with Warcraft III and so on (I actually do still play those games). but I do think it's necessary to delve further into the fluff to appropriately play the character I want to.

I've scoped out this site for a few days and have been reading and reading, wishing not to come off as an uncouth ruffian who thinks he can throw his weight around whichever which way he pleases.

I think the last thing I wanted to say is I've never done tabletop RP which is also why I've been reading the alignment page. I just hope my short comings don't hinder anything too much, as I will be devoting myself to understanding the fantasy setting and the, what it seems to me, more heavy RP oriented crowd here (compared to my SWG scene), I only mention this becomes there are more rules here due to the fact you guys own your server whereas my RP community simply inhabited theirs. (Not trying to mean anything by this, just stating what I observed)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I hail from the United States but aside from English I speak Spanish on a little lower level than my English. It comes from being a 1st generation Salvador-American.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I played Starcraft in the days of dial-up and when I finally had a computer that could handle better games, Warcraft was just one that I picked up from the Blizzard bug I'm sure some of us have.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I was browsing /tg/ which I will only mention like that and anyone who knows what it is can judge me for it :P, and the subject of WoW RP came up and this server was linked to. This is how I found you.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy the tavern roleplay (which in SWG I'm guessing is the equivalent of cantina RP where you found most casual RP, but of course I'm assuming the level of RP is higher than what you got there).

I also had a reputation for being very good at fighting, as in emotes, and by good at fighting I mean using open-ended emotes that never compromised another player's character unless I whispered them and cleared it beforehand (It would still get eyebrows raised from the audiences though who weren't privy to the private agreement).

But yes, I definitely enjoy a good scrap.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Orc and as far as mechanics are, Warrior, it's been the only class I've ever played and enjoyed to 80. So it's less of it being my favorite and more of it being my bread and butter. The reason I played orcs the most is because it reminded me of my trandoshan the most. And besides, I also come from an adoration of Warhammer 40k, and while Warcraft orcs are incredibly different, being noble and what not, I still love the whole orcy theme.

I've leveled a Hunter to 80 but I did the basic BM grind and didn't really play with the class.

What are your expectations of this server?:
From what I've read, I just hope I'm allowed to enter! Haha but I guess on a more serious note, that the RP is as quality as you guys seem to tote it out to be, which isn't something I'm too worried about.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I think definitely the respect which I would assume includes OOC sniping in IC actions, which I'm thinking you are aware of what that is. I like the idea the most because in my SWG community, I would definitely say there was a large disparity in who you respected and who you didn't. But that was years ago, so maybe I'm on some hogwash.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
When Alexander woke up from his drug-induced stupor, the first thing he noticed was he wasn't restrained. The room he was in was of spartan furnishing. He lay on a simple wooden bed with a mattress covered in a plastic-like material, that on the contrary -was- secured firmly to the ground by it's sheer, solid weight.

Rising up from his bed in a sitting position, he saw that the only things of note in the room was the door, fitted with a handle that was locked from the outside and a window. This is what he made his way to quickly, gazing out of the spotless viewpoint.

He saw a parking complex in front of him, and saw three blue cars of non-descript models racing upwards, in a manner that would almost call for suspicion. Just as he was looking down, to see what lay directly below the window, noticing a fleet of ambulances parked, Alexander leapt backwards, falling on his rear, his eyes huge with surprise.

The window he had just been looking at had been impaled by a bullet, instantly turning the glass into a shattered visage of its former glory.

Alexander had only a few seconds to take in the vent behind his brown eyes before the door behind him burst open.

The man was clad in what seemed to be riot gear, and shoved Alexander back to the ground, who was attempting to get back up.

"Bates! I want you to secure the boy!" , he spat out into a radio strapped to his collar while bringing up his AR-15 with a scope attachment to his should, aiming down the scope.

That was all he did or said before the second bullet completely shattered the window, sending once believed bullet-proof glass into the room and embedding itself momentarily into Bates' brain cavity before promptly exiting out of his helmet and falling to the ground, momentum loss.

"What in the Hell is this?!", choked out Alexander as blood splattered across his face and onto the white, pajama-like clothing he had woken up in.

Just then, another riot-gear armored man crouched into the room, toting a solid metal riot-shield and stormed towards the window, holding the shield over the breached window.

"God damn it! Are you serious? Jameson really came in here without his shield? God damn it!"

Alexander, his heart in his throat simply sat there, drawing out shallow breathes in response to the swiftness that the gore had presented itself with.

"Hey kid! You go out that damn door, alright?! You go NOW!"

The man that Alexander surmised as Bates didn't need to give him an encouragement. Alexander scrambled out of the room, clawing at the ground on his hands and knees before standing back up.

Before he could run anywhere or take in his surroundings, Alexander impacted into a chest the size of an anvil, sending him back a few steps. While Alexander was no puny teen, his physique was mostly built up from simply off and on weightlifting, this man dwarfed him considerably, resembling more a beast than a man.

"Welcome to the concrete jungle, kid, I'm sure as Hell you're gonna learn to love it."

The barbaric looking man tossed him one of those solid riot shields with one hand mimicking the ease with which a child throws a tennis ball, yet Alexander braced himself before grabbing at the incoming shield with both his hands, using all his strength not to be knocked unconscious by his would be protection.

"Sniper neutralized, is the recruit secured?", were the words Alexander made out over the radio strapped to the human behemoth in front of him.

"He's secured, I'll be taking him to his First Briefing, Stahl, over and out"

The man gave Alexander a knowing grin before nodding his head backwards, indicating to follow him.

As Alexander trotted forward with the man, keeping his shield close to his side, it was all he could do from keeping from thinking about what would happen next.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Well I want to talk about what I'm going to want to RP right here. My concept is a feral orc with Hunter being his OOC prof. Now, I'm aware of matters of psychology, such is that for an example of humans being found in the wild or otherwise situations where they were not brought up by other human beings or just not taught. the examples I want to talk about are a "wolf boy" in I believe industrial time France and a girl I think was named Jenny. In the wolf-boy's circumstance, a scientists, I think a social one, found him and attempted to educate him. The boy was around 7 or so I think, possibly 12 (this is from a class in psychology I took so my memory is a little fuddled) but to a certain point the scientist could not teach the boy language past a certain point and he had to live his life out in a place for those of the mentally disabled.

The other example is Jenny (which again I'm not sure about the name, but these 2 examples are from documentaries we watched) where her parents kept her in the basement and did not feed her for I think something like 10 or more years. When social workers tried to teach her language, again they found that after a certain point, she didn't seem able to learn advanced things. She also lived her life out in a place for the mentally disabled.

That being said I'm trying to work out a history for my orc to not have always been alone in the wild, but at least having the foundations of language set by caretakers who will have perished early in his young life. I want this to avoid the silent RP that I may get stuck with/ I personally don't think I could pull off a silent RP as well as an RP where the character knows rudimentary language and can advanced even further.

While silent RP can be done well, I personally don't think I'm capable of it.

Currently I'm reading Warcraft lore and finding a suitable situation for this orc to have been stranded in the wild. Currently I'm thinking simply of a pre-internment group of Horde warriors who tried striking it out in the wild before humans captured them, leaving the young one behind.

Another idea is that he was born in an internment camp and his parents/ group a horde warriors escaped and he again, was stranded before they were killed/returned back to the camps.

So with this in mind, I wouldn't mind you telling me the more believable/unbelievable parts of the RP I want to make. I also think it could make for fun RP, with the fact I will be RPing him in Lordaeron territory and whoever finds him first, would get to shape his further upbringing (I'm wanting to start him at the age of 15 or 18). If no one finds him on their own merry way, I would like to just have him stumble upon some civilized town etc, etc. Please contact me about this, unless this was an inappropriate place to place this idea. I just wanted to get it out before making a character profile/making a toon on the server.

Thank you for your time :]

Sincerely, SteelJester

(Edit here: Oh wooooow, I was waiting for this to get posted after reading some of the other intro's. Is it a big deal that my story wasn't WoW based? I thought by your work in action you generally just meant writing skills, sorry! If it's a biggie I can make one about the character I wanted to RP as)
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, Policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you!

As for your character idea while it does seem to have a solid background as well as supporting info. I will warn you that playing such a character is a bit iffy and not everyone will be willing to help him when the find him. Still I hope this idea works out beautifully for you, good luck!
Thanks :] Well, also, this character is also a launching off point for me since it'll be my first fantasy RP. If he does get interaction with more civilized players, I'll OOCly see how characters live in this world and then I can make a character with a bit more solid background with more lore and what not

That being so, my first character, I am alright with being killed.

I'll get writing on my character profile soon, but I want to read on the clans of the Orcs beforehand so not to have his history be a easy way to throw off having any clan information, regardless of whether or not he would know about it.

But I do understand I can muck about a little IG? Currently I loaded him up and am in the process of scouting out an area in Lordaeron I want him to inhabit.
Of course you can! Just remember that if you are not In-Character in that area please put up your busy flag by doing /dnd to prevent confusion.