Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Wolfman1509`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I am rather quiet out of character, but in character, I like to have some action, whether it is just a conversation, or a battle. I don't prefer either any more than the other. I use proper grammar, as best I can, though some misspelled words or punctuation may slip. I have always kept my temper, and I am strictly into role playing.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born in America. I have lived there my entire life. I speak English, though I can speak a very small amount of elven.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I have been playing since the game started up. I have always been very into World of Warcraft, though for the first year I was a "Noob," I guess you could say.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I truthfully came across this server by a stroke of luck, though I am quite happy I did. If I pass this Introduction, I think I will very much enjoy this server.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I honestly don't care which one I do. As I said before, I can go on for hours, just with a cinversation, or I can go on for hours fighting.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I play a Blood Elf rogue for my normal role playing server, as an assassin. But now that I will focus on this server, I will start an Undead Priest, maybe.
My preferences really don't matter. I'll play any class or race. Though I do not like Orcs...

What are your expectations of this server?:
I think this server will be great! My old server consisted of more trolls than role players. I think this will be a great change.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I would have to say the rule-out of God-modding and Meta-gaming. Also, the respect.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Rhaenos peered from the balcony, waiting. He constantly jerked his head from the street to the door. His daggers glinted in his hand as he stood there, in the dark. He heard the 'cling' of the two guards' plate as they passed by, and he grinned. He quickly leaped over the balcony onto the street, and landed behind the guard with a soft 'thud.' He jabbed upward with one blade, underneath one guard's sword arm, where there was no armour. He whipped the other blade around to the guard's neck, and slit his throat.
The other guard ran to the shadow, and swung at him, catching Rhaenos off guard in the side. Rhaenos pulled a flintlock pistol that was already loaded, and fired a shot at the guard, hitting him square in the fore-head. The sound of crows flying away was heard. He frowned. 'I need to get a silencer.' He looked down at his side, and his vision was blurred. He collapsed against the ground, and blacked out.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I have truthfully never downloaded a private server. I was wondering, if I pass this Introduction, if someone could explain to me, or send me a link explaining it...
Welcome! Make sure you familiarize yourself with the rules, policies, and Frequently Asked Questions. Also, take time to explore the site and wiki! You'll be glad you did!

I'd also suggest having a look at the guides on the level of spelling and grammar expected on the server here.

As for how to download the server... there's no such thing! All you need to do is make sure that you are on the right patch (currently 3.3.5a build 12340) and that you have changed your realmlist (generally found in WoW>Data>enUS) to this:
Quote:set realmlist logon.conquestofthehorde.com
set patchlist logon.conquestofthehorde.com

A lot of this you can read on the Wiki and the front page, make sure to explore the site and you'll find the answers to most questions you have (the search functions are very helpful!), if there's something you can't seem to find an answer for feel free to ask and we will all do our best to help.
Great! I'll get on that right now! Thank you!