Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: j4x0r`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
My name is Ray. My character name would most likely be Setal. As a player, I'm very well versed in WoW, because of the many servers I have GM'd and DEV'd. I am friendly and always willing to help others in the game, even if they are higher levels. Also, I would post a bit, trying to get my post count up high to become fully integrated into the community. I do have Ventrillo and would be using the server's vent if possible.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from California in the US. I speak English as my primary language. I do know some Spanish and French.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I played since it came out. Been hooked ever since!

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I wanted a really good RP server and this just seems very professional in the way that it's run (i.e. applications to play)

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I prefer action, adventure, and danger. I prefer a group of five, but will go to 25 for raids. I lead the way most of the time on adventures.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Either... Blood Elf / Paladin or Blood Elf / Death Knight.

Perhaps a Troll / Shaman.

The BE / Pally - DK because I love how the Blood Elfs look and that I do enjoy the horde more. The Pally because I have really perfected the class in a sense. The DK because I have learned a lot about it.

The Troll / Shammy because it really fits who my Setal character is. A shaman.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect it to be a great server and I expect to have a great deal of fun!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I abide by all the rules, therefore they are all equally important to me. I cannot just choose one, sorry!

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
"Shots fired, shots fired!" yelled a soldier with his back against a building wall as his comrade was just shot through the chest 5 times. Damien grabs the yelling soldier and throws him to the side, using him as momentum, running across the hallway. He bust through a door, firing upon three insurgents, but he little did he know in the next room he was going to end up almost dead. Damien walks into a darkened room with a swinging lamp that showed three shadowed bodies and he fires upon two of them, but is smashed in the face with pair of brass knuckles, getting instantly knocked out. He wakes up slightly to see his fellow soldiers carry him out of the building and to a rescue squad that transport him to a near by base. Damien is then transported back to the United States and into a hospital in New York City.

Damien, who has been in a coma for 5 years, is about to be awoken by a mortar shell that impacts into the corner of his hospital room. The mortar hits and Damien is pushed off his bed, to feel his heavy eyes open, looking at the ground and hearing his stomach growl loudly. He pushes himself up, turning around slowly to see the corner of his room destroyed and he walks silently to what once was the corner, peeking out to see an ocean of military soldiers and tanks roll past his building towards another towering complex. He rushes over to his bed, his face covered in dust and sweat, flipping over his mattress to reveal a pistol, ammo, a shirt, a pair of jeans, and a bulletproof vest. He changes into his new clothes and vest, grabbing the pistol, loading it and rushing back to the open corner, noticing some sort of rebel force shooting at the military. He hears two knocks on his door, walking slowly at the door, holding his pistol up with his right arm and slowly opens the door with his left, seeing a rebel hold his arms up and say rather loudly “Don't shoot!”

The rebel rushes into the room and Damien says while closing the door “Who are you, where am I, what year is it, and what the hell is happening?!” He responds slowly “I… I am Lance, part of the Rebel Brigade, you are in New York and today is October 23rd 2015. The military took over and we are trying to perform a coup-de-tat, but it's not looking very successful.” Damien nods slowly, shocked by the recent news he has heard, he asks Lance quietly “What can I do then?” He places the rifle in his hands to hisshoulder rushing to Damien's door, opening it and ordering him to follow him. Damien rushes behind Lance as they go up the buildings stairs and hear gunshots firing at innocent civilians behind them. They both bust through the rooftop's door to see 3 army snipers shooting rounds off at civilians. Lance unloads on the three snipers, rushing over to them to place them in front of the rooftop door. Damien rushes over an pushes a metal heater in front of the door to prevent the soldiers from getting to them for a certain amount of time. Lance commands Damien to pick up one of the sniper rifles and start sniping a few soldiers. He rushes over to the edge of the building, picking up one of the M107 50 caliber rifles, and looks through the scope. He pulls the trigger once, he hits a soldier right in the head.

Lance starts to radio into the Rebel digital frequency and commands a 5 soldier back up squad to meet them at the old pizzeria on Third Street. Keyra, the radio manager and troop reinforcement commander, answers back with “Roger, troop reinforcements sent, they will arrive in 0300 hours.” Lance damns himself, placing his rifle over his shoulder and going to the middle area of the roof, he starts to run towards the edge of the building. He jumps right over the edge to a different building and yells back at Damien to follow. Damien gulps heavily, rushing to the middle of the building and running as fast as he can to the edge of the building, he jumps over the edge and trips on his landing, forcing him to land on the gravel. He shreds his leather jacket he early put on. Damien feels his eyes heavy, fainting on top of the roof, hearing Lance rush over and ask Keyra for a rescue team.

Damien feels his eyes open slightly, sitting up fast, looking around to notice that he is in a run-down hospital and Lance is guarding the door with a semi-automatic rifle. Damien parts his lips and says slowly “What… What happened?” He looks back and says “You fainted from the roof jump and I had to drag your ass all the way down to this hospital and we're waiting reinforcements.” Damien slowly gets up and picks up the sniper rifle he salvaged early to then walk over to the door. Lance yells at Damien to get down as shots echo from down the hall as he pulls a grenade from his pouch and pulls the pin and throws it down the hall. Lance grabs Damien's hand and pulls him towards the door at the end of the hall way, hearing screams at the end of the other end of the hallway, he pushes open the double doors and sees his reinforcements cover the door as they run out to a stolen army helicopter. Lance pushes Damien inside the helicopter and sits on the edge, yelling at his squad “Retreat now and cover your backs!”

Lance throws another grenade at the open doors, while his squad rushes into the helicopter and it finally goes into the air. Damien leans back into his chair, looking out at the side seeing soldiers shoot at the helicopter as they fly off towards the Brooklyn Bridge. He starts to relax and Lance says to him “Better not get too comfortable, because we've got another area to secure at the Brooklyn Bridge. After we secure the Brooklyn Bridge, hopefully we are off to Washington D.C.” Damien nods and starts to look out into the distance and sees tanks blast into buildings. He mumbles to himself “What happened here? Why is this happening to me?” He feels the helicopter get hit by a rocket and grabs onto the helicopter straps as they swirl down into a city street. Damien faints as the stolen helicopter smashes into the cold concrete. Close-by rebels rescue them from the crash as shots blast off down the road. He opens his eyes a bit seeing two rebels getting shot as he then faints once more.

Damien wakes up slowly to see rebels getting shot down by machine gun bullet sprays. He gets up slowly, feeling the gash he received early from the helicopter crash. He places his arm over the bandaged area over his stomach. He walks drowsily to a bathroom, seeing a dead rebel to then pick up his MP5 sub-machine gun. Lance dives into the same bathroom area, bullets spraying the wall behind him, and he asking Damien quietly “Where the hell have you been?! There's a platoon of soldiers heading this way and we need to get out of here as fast as we can!” Damien nods and picks up an adrenaline injector from the dead rebel and stabs his chest, injecting himself with it to then run with Lance to a beat up car in back of the building they are in. Damien gets into the car telling Lance to get into the back of the car to shoot whatever shoots at them.

He swiftly presses onto the gas pedal as Lance jumps into the car. Damien starts to race with time as a helicopter starts to follow them down the street and starts shooting rounds around them. He drifts quickly onto another street, heading towards the Brooklyn Bridge and feels his tire pop as they finish the drift. Lance commands Damien to drift into an alleyway to loose the helicopter. He nods and pulls a drift into an alley way and as he does, he smashes into a brick wall of a building, while the helicopter that was chasing them flies right part. Damien kicks open his door, picking up his MP5 to run through the alley way with Lance towards the Brooklyn bridge, jumping over fences, shooting down rabid dogs, and taking out sentries in towers around the city.

Lance sits down on top of a barrel and says to Damien as he lights up a cigarette “Listen, we need to get to the Brooklyn Bridge and fast. We're running out of time.” Damien replies quickly “What's so important about the Brooklyn Bridge anyways?” “It's the main hub for the Rebels. If we can get there in 0600, we can take a small boat to Washington D.C. and hopefully shake things up a bit for the military.” “One more question, do you know anything about me or what happened?” “Well I did manage to scrape up some information from Keyra and she said that you were in the army five years ago until you were wounded in battle. She also mentioned that you earned a medal of honor and was the military's best sniper. As for the government, it was a disaster 4 years ago. The government decided to raise taxes and put a major draft onto civilians. So the civilians decided to fight back, but as you can see we aren't doing too well. We have managed to take over a few army bases and keep them intact, but we need to perform this coup-de-tat so we can take back the government from the military power.” Damien looks down for a few moments and then gets up, picking up his rifle to then starts to rush down the alley until he reaches an end point of the alley. He glances off to the right noticing a large bridge that lost the middle section by a missile. Tanks rush in from both sides as Lance runs up behind him and order them to both go to the bridge at once. Damien nods and starts to follow Lance up the bridge side and notices two Abram tanks roll past them and asks him a loud if they are stolen tanks by the Rebels. Lance reaches the middle part of the bridge that was blown off and looks back at Damien to then say "No they aren't... They are the US military." Lance then smashes the butt of his rifle against Damien's solar plex, thinking it would kill him. Damien falls to the ground blacking out hearing "We've annihilated the target, we will be in DC at 1600"

The end.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'd love for you to consider me as a whole and not just some newbie. I have a lot of positivity to bring to the table and would love to be a part of this wonderful community.

Thank you!

Ray aka Setal
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, Policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.

As for your final request at the bottom. I would love for you to be welcomed into the community! One of the minor issues is new players to the server are afraid to RP due to people RPing already in tight-knit groups. I assure you, we don't bite!...Unless you poke Lirshar's wolf. But thats a whole 'nother story.