Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: sodasi`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Bounce bounce bounce! I seem to be in front again, how did that happen? I'm always the one rushing into battle ahead of everyone, assuming those plated dragons up above are going to be friendly.

I actually very intelligent, I just tend to be a little gullible that everyone is on my side.

And then I forgot what happened just a few moments ago, when we killed all those dragonkin and they tried to eat me!

Big sharp teeths... hmmm... forgotten already!

Bounce bounce bounce!

"Get behind us!" you yell!

Oh yeah, I'm not supposed to be in the front.

Hmmm...

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from the woodland coasts of New England and spreken ze english.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
The 10-day trial... I saw it and quite distinctly heard a voice that said, "There's something I want to show you..."

I had been away from video games and role playing for years, but in high school we used to run a weekly AD&D campaign(s) and I dm'd one that lasted about 6 months.

I love fantasy, fantasy authors, my favorite are Weis & Hickman and Salvatore.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Someone named "Hartley" on Moonguard said "Join a private server for real roleplay w/out the ...<BLEEP!>..."

I asked him, he said google it.

I found you.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
ALL KINDS!

I like stories where the plots are twisted and changing and the characters change and evolve.

I like the lore of WoW but I feel that they are really losing it and making it a video game instead of a rp game. I think it went down when they added the "/lfd" thing. And Tauren Paladins! WTF!! They're trying to please the audience...

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
ooo

no answer

* crickets *

I change my mind about once a week, forgot what last week was...

Ummm...

Probably night elf druids

or

I like warriors too

What are your expectations of this server?:
Real roleplay?

No spams and bs.

Fun?

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
All of it actually

I did read them, and some of the other resources you provide on the site (good job!) and take them seriously.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Ok, I'll share a bit from a book I'm writing, plagarize and I kill you!!!

Princess Tejasa kneeling on the transparent astral floors of the Star Chamber, was weeping and sporadically pounding her thighs with her fists. The sobs would build up in her along with frustration until she could take it no more and screamed out into the ever-changing starry sky.

The Star Chamber was designed by her Lord, Gorakind, as a exploration and enjoyment tool for his people to explore the heavens. He had mapped into it the known positions of all the stars, planets and heavenly bodies in the Universe he helped create. It was designed as a huge sphere with a transparent walkway into a circular center area in the center of the sphere, like a complete Planetarium. The Star Chamber reacted to vocal commands or hand gestures to allow the people to visually fly through an illusion of outer space.

The Star Chamber was having a hard time figuring out where the weeping, moaning and occasionally screaming Tejasa was desiring to go. In the space of the quiet sobs, it would simulate a spin through a certain galaxy and when she would through her hands up and cry out, it would assume she wanted to fly towards whatever star she had pointed at and very fast since she was so loud.

So the Heavens were trying to keep up to her requests as she lay partly crumpled on the floor. She had not come in here to explore the Heavens but rather to escape the presence of the very Lord who had built the Chamber. She had chosen this spot because she knew no one would be entering the Chamber and the darkness of space was comforting.

Her hair was mostly straight and brown, but the hair on the sides of her face was very curly. As she cried these soft curls of her hair were getting soaked with tears and stuck to her cheeks. Her simple white gown was also damp with the sweat and tears of her lament.

The stars would settle into a comfortable orbit and then suddenly be flung across Space as she screamed out, then gradually the momentum of the shift would slow and the Star Chamber would begin simulation of another system, complete with stars, planets, gas clouds and micro-systems. The ever changing pattern of light was beginning thrown through a seemingly random and chaotic symphony of transformation.

Outside the Palace she was in, down the long roads to the Departure Gates, almost the entirety of her population was gathered to see off a team of 10,008 Missionaries that were about to be transported across the Galaxy to another world, known as Azeroth. They had been chosen by Gorakind as his emissaries to help the population of Azeroth.

In order to reach this other Planet they had agreed to let their physical bodies enter into a Stasis Chamber where they would be preserved as they, one-by-one, threw off their physical form and entered into their Astral Traveling light bodies. Being pure light, it makes it easy to fly across the space-time continuum. It was a bit of a risk to fly in this form but Gorakind was personally assisting the voyage and assuring that everyone of his people would be created a similar body once they landed on the faraway world. It was to be a great diaspora, a re-birth and re-education of a great part of his people.

Gorakind knew the importance of Azeroth as a vital connection in the galactic neural network. As each planet represents a different pathway of galactic conciousness, he was feeling a great amount of stress, fear and pain from that faraway place. And it was building, so he knew that he must ask of his people to help him restore the Universal Dharma and Order of Peace.

People were chosen from all walks of life. There were the great Ministers of Knowledge, the Priests of Empathy, the Warriors of the Hand and the Healers of Light. They were chosen for their personal characteristics and for a grander scheme that only Gorakind could see. To him it was almost as if he was creating a perfect puzzle piece that would fit into the world of Azeroth for a lifetime to balance the world he cared so much for.

The Missionaries had been preparing, practicing and meditating together to learn their soul patterns so that they could know each other when re-born on the new world. When they were re-born they would be watched and cared for by the invisible hand of Gorakind until they were able to come of age when he would awaken them to their given task and purpose on Azeroth. Most of them would be born into the population of Azeroth, to facilitate the growth of the World without seeming alien to it. A few important members would be given physical bodies created from raw materials on the world and be “hatched” into life, fully conscious.

Everyone had gathered to see the Missionaries off and there was a great celebration. Everyone, except Princess Tejasa. She had been begging of Gorakind to chose her as one of the Missionaries and had gone through all sorts of personally assigned tests and trials to prove herself worthy. She had begged of all the Ministers and Priests to speak with Gorakind to allow her to go with the group, and some had obliged on her behalf, but Gorakind was steadfast in his decision. His super-mind had been calculating this voyage for years and he knew of his daughter's greatness but he feared for her innocence above all, because the world of Azeroth held some beings of temptation and evil that may sway the heart of his child which he wished to keep pure and innocent.

She was one of 18 Princesses and 18 Princes, created simultaneously by Gorakind, each as a perfect love and companion. Gorakind gathered from himself and the cosmos the energy and pure being of nature to create his children as immortals. He had created 108 Great Beings first, in his own image, as his beloved Children and leaders of his Galactic design. These first children were chiefly Ministers and Priests of the home world but many were of such great spiritual magnitude that they were sent across Space to help beings on other worlds as great pinnacles of light and education. Such was the heart of Gorakind, always loving, always expansive but also elusive and self-gratifying. He cared greatly for his children and would call them back to him when he missed them and knew that they had accomplished the tasks given to them. His children were all to be voyagers through the Universe, but they were always to remain his and he cares greatly for every one. As they traveled they were told to leave little trace of their being there, and to affect things for the greater good without becoming too attached.

Under the 108 Great Beings were created 3 sets of 18 matched beings. There were the 18 Princes and 18 Princesses of the Order of Love, the 18 Princes and 18 Princesses of the Order of Action and the 18 Princes and 18 Princesses of the Order of Lila.

The Order of Love is the heart-oriented beings who's visage would melt the hearts of any who gazed upon them. Their purpose was to know Love, be Love and teach Love. The entire group of them were to remain on the home world, to help preserve the Love Aura of the planet.

The Order of Action, are highly trained and skilled beings chosen to be Generals, Architects and Great Warriors of the other people. They were also needed on the home world to keep the peace, even though they possessed such might and ability, they were all too dear to Gorakind to send on this mission to a world he considered to be of less importance than the home he had created for them.

The Order of Lila is the lover's chosen to be entertainers. They are the musicians, actors, dancers and performers, always up to something. They were all a bit un-hinged from Gorakind's strict adherence to the laws of Dharma, so they they could present Lila or “play” to the other beings. None more so than Princess Tejasa, known for her somewhat random and silly behavior. Always making a funny joke or snide comment at social gatherings, she was known for being a light-hearted trickster with a knack for blurting things out and reminding everyone of the joy's of Lila. Gorakind had given her all the special gifts of his Princesses and she is highly intelligent, caring of heart, skilled in the magic, healing arts and a very gifted dancer, as she was mostly known for in the Performances.

But she was also given a special degree of separateness, for if all his children were the same, it would be boring to Gorakind. So he blessed with with a strong self of self righteousness, along with a mind that could simply forget anything that had just happened and create something completely fresh. Like a day in constant sunrise, she was always something new, something free and something a little different.

Which was why she had separated herself from the group and come into the Star Chamber to weep. She simply would not accept that she was somehow “not good enough” to go on this journey and knew in her heart that she could do it. Gorakind knew this too, but she was far too precious to him and he wanted to make sure the first 10,008 missionaries created a strong foothold on the faraway place before he sent any of his Princes and Princesses.

She cried out again and threw her hands into the air, sending the astral lights of the Star Chamber into a whirl as it tried to figure out where she wanted to go. The configuration of stars and planets accelerated in the direction her arms had flown and then slowly settled as the echoing screams died out. Tejasa was kneeling on the floor, holding her hand in her hands on her lap as her body was shaken by her sobs. She loved her Father, Gorakind, so much, but yet was so mad at him for not choosing her.

She did not notice when the presence of the Dragon Lady Min entered the room.

Of the 108 Super Beings of this universe Gorakind and Min were but 1 each, each with their own design and each with thousands or millions of children below them. Min had felt the exodus from Gorakind's world as a disturbance in the usually peaceful planet. She had come herself in a body of light to see what was about to happen and on her way to meet with Gorakind she had heard the sobs of Tejasa and wanted to see what was the matter with this mystic child.

Min hovered in front of Tejasa for a few minutes before she spoke, startling Tejasa. “My child, why do you weep?”

Tejasa had never met Min before, to her recollection, although she had heard tales of her. At that moment, she had no idea who was before her but her heart felt that it was safe enough to speak, after all it was her Lord's world and no evil intent could enter with out setting off alarms.

“Who are you?” she gasped to ask.

“I am Supreme Lady Min of the Emerald Empire. I have come here because I felt a disturbance in your planet's energetic field and as a friend of your Lord, I came to see if I could help.”

Tejasa was startled, suddenly realizing that she was in the presence of some galactic royalty, she remembered her manners and promptly stood up, brushed herself off and made a curtsey to acknowledge the presence of the Lady. She then relayed all that had happened in the last months, the decision to make the voyage, the preparation and today, the day of voyage.

“So why then do you cry, my Child?” Lady Min asked, her shimmering light body remaining tranquil as she remained reposed in a grand stature of strength belaying compassion.

Tejasa was again thrown back a bit, especially by being called “Child” by anyone but her Lord. “I wanted so desperately to go, I know I can be of help on this Mission, but my Lord will not let me.” Reminded again at her failure of convincing her Lord of her worth, she burst into tears and sobs, hiding her face in her hands.

Lady Min hovered closer to Tejasa, condensing her light form gravity with nearby molecules of matter in the Star Chamber air to create enough of a physical presence to brush Tejasa's cheek. “Let me look into your eyes, my Child.” Lady Min spoke as she “lifted” Tejasa's chin so that she might gaze into her eyes.

Tejasa froze as she stared into the emerald green eyes of a being thousands of times her measure. It may have been the swirling cosmos of the Star Chamber, or Lady Min's eye's themselves, but it appeared as the they eyes were made of galaxies, that they were somehow still and yet ever-growing, ever-changing and ever-expansive. She felt smaller and smaller as she looked in the eyes that held her frozen with a strength and compassion that left her feeling tiny and yet loved at the same time. After what seemed like an eternity, the Lady evaporated the matter that she was using to hold Tejasa and returned to her pure light form.

“Tejasa, I too am sending some of my people to this world, Azeroth. They are leaving in the same manner as your people. Do you know why we are going there?”

“N-n-n-no, my Lady.” Tejasa stuttered, still a bit in shock and wondering how Lady Min had learned her name.

“Azeroth is a crucial junction of the Universe. It is like a focal point, or a valley where the river of Galactic conciousness flows through. We have felt that a great evil presence is moving towards this planet. If we lose Azeroth to this evil, it will begin to flood into our side of the Universe and our world's will be in danger. That is why your Lord and myself are taking such great measures to insure the safety and balance of that far away world.

At first I was in agreement with your Lord's choice not to send you there, but after I gazed into your eyes I saw something which I recognize now that I need. You see, Tejasa, I have known you before. There is nothing in this Universe which is truly separate and we have all been together at one time or another. But the play of time is everlasting and in it's illusion we grow apart.”

Lady Min then seemed to grow in size again with out moving and her features grew more stern, almost man like, while maintaining the heart like softness of a Mother.

“Tejasa, I will make a deal with you. There is a task I need accomplished on Azeroth and I can take you there. I will be with you, but very distant. You will be mostly alone in your work, although I will be watching. Because of the nature of this task, I can not tell you what it is.

You see, a perfect spy does not know that they are one.

After this mission is done, I will return you to your Lord's care. Do you trust me?”

It could have been that Tejasa had gone into that state of Lila where she forgot herself and her beloved family, and all she remembered in that moment was her strong desire to go to the faraway world, to prove her worth and her awe at the presence of Lady Min before her.

“Yes.” she said softly, with a ball of sadness in her throat.

Lady Min again congealed part of her being around Tejasa, swirling in and around her, placing her hands on her forehead and above her heart. “Close your eyes.” she spoke. Tejasa obliged and in and instant the Lady Min disappeared from the Star Chamber.

Tejasa's body fell, lifeless, to the floor.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I want to try this, would you recommend creating a duplicate copy of the WoW folder on my computer for COTH?

Or do I have to make any changes beyond:

realm file "wtf"

erasing some patches?

Peace!
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Sodasi! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Make sure to /join chat in-order to join our global OOC channel in-game.

sodasi Wrote:I want to try this, would you recommend creating a duplicate copy of the WoW folder on my computer for COTH?

Or do I have to make any changes beyond:

realm file "wtf"

erasing some patches?
While it is not a requirement, we do encourage members who play on multiple servers (including retail accounts) to have a second copy of the game on their computers. This will allow you to play on both, even when there is a discrepancy between the patch versions across those multiple realms. Down-patching is an option, but it can be a fairly tedious process -- especially if you need to do so on a daily or even weekly basis!

Now that you have been approved, all you need to do is create a server account following the directions on those pages, change the realm list to direct the game to Conquest of the Horde, and log in!