Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Xenodrone`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hiya guys! I've been roleplaying around seven(give or take a few months) years through various online mediums. Five of those years I've spent roleplaying in the Warcraft Universe on both private and retail servers. Over that span of time I believe I've vastly improved in my roleplaying technique by playing with some great people!Although my primary outlet of entertainment is roleplaying, I also derive enjoyment from swimming, Tae-Kwon-Do, and the occasional FPS. :)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born and raised in The United States and my only language is English!

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I had a roleplaying friend that intoduced me to the game and coerced me into signing up. I've been hooked ever since! I had stopped for a period of time to explore other avenues, but the launch of Wrath of the Lich King drew me back in!

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I've known of the existance of your server for a long while. The only reason that restricted me from signing up was my lack of knowledge/friends who played here. I hope to meet some awesome people during my stay to remedy that.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy roleplaying at a laid back town/village level. Although I've dabbled in everything, I find it easiest to roleplay well when I'm not dodging magical projectiles by the hair of my neck and slicing stuff up.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Out of the actual race/class combinations present in World of Warcraft, my favorite is undoubtebly the forsaken warrior. When my task is simply pummeling the skulls of a few farmers, it makes it all the more enjoyable to be able to feast upon their remains. :D For roleplaying purposes, my favorite class is the Forsaken Apothecary. While they prove to be frail themselves, their skill in the crafting of potent concoctions and golems is critical to the survival of Sylvanas's regime. Not to mention they're deliciously eeeevvvilllllll! :3

What are your expectations of this server?:
I've come to Conquest of the Horde to find a little more realism in relation to the Warcraft Universe lore and to evade the following not-so-great aspects of World of Warcraft roleplaying I've encountered before.
1. Half the females are raging lesbians.
2. That guy who can fly through the air, shoot enormous balls from his hands without ever runnign out of power, all while being impervious to harm(Yes, I actually ran into this.)
3. Trade chat.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The rule against godmodding. I die a little bit on the inside every single time I see the level twelve archmage/archdruid/master assassin.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Oh dear! Certainly saving this for later to provide better quality material.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Does this server have much late night activity? I do work during the day so putting in time during the not-so-odd hours is difficult.
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Xenodrone! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Make sure to /join chat in-order to join our global OOC channel in-game.

I, too, lingered and lurked before finally deciding to join Conquest of the Horde. In fact, I didn't make the leap until a bevy of friends from retail were encouraged to join with me. Fortunately, now you know at least one person -- me! I'm certain that we'll be the best of friends!

In regard to your expectations for the server, we are unlike Blizzard and their roleplaying servers in that we assume a proactive stance in enforcing rules governing roleplay. In order for characters to be granted the permission to level beyond 50, they must first each have an approved character profile. The staff examines each of these profiles, looking for inconsistencies with the generally accepted lore of the Warcraft universe. We also enforce rules about conduct, god-moding and meta-gaming, and what kind of discussions can occur where. The goal has been to create an environment where roleplayers can actually roleplay, which may be a novel concept to some people!

And about Trade chat? I think I saw someone post in that channel perhaps three or four weeks ago. That shouldn't be an issue at all!

Xenodrone Wrote:Does this server have much late night activity? I do work during the day so putting in time during the not-so-odd hours is difficult.
We have members who are from numerous of countries around the world. As a result, you should be able to find someone (usually multiple someones) on throughout the day. I am fairly certain that the peak time corresponds with American timezones due to their numbers, but that doesn't mean that you won't find people if you log in at unconventional times!