Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Verlag`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm a 20 something designer in Baltimore, I play as a sort of downtime. Life is pretty hectic and it's nice to get into a different world for a bit. I enjoy moving about a world solo or in groups- to me the roleplay doesn't stop when people aren't around. It's about an immersion for me, exploring what the character would do, where they'd go, how they'd react.

My friends tell me Felecia Day and I would be friends, I'm not sure if that's true- but a lot of times I find myself saying things she might.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from the East coast of The States, currently settled in Baltimore, Maryland. My primary language is English, and I manage to speak a little French.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I started playing Warcraft years ago with Warcraft III, after completing the RTS portion of the world I branched into the RPG and have been playing the game casually on different servers for quite some time. The aspect which I felt was missing from the RPG which was present in the RTS was the level of immersion. Most of the servers I played on were more concerned with leveling than the story of the world.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Conquest of the Horde came up in a search for WoW servers which focused on the roleplaying aspect of the game. Flat leveling doesn't particularly appeal to me, but the game as a medium for story telling does.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy roleplaying which follows a progression, that is to say I do not have a particular area or type of role play that is most appealing; Instead of focus on playing out a consistent story line for a character or group of characters.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I've been partial to the alliance, partly for the aesthetic and partly because I know more about the history of the faction. I'm not sure which would be my favorite but I've enjoyed playing Humans and Night Elves.

What are your expectations of this server?:
The only real expectation I have of this server is to interact in an environment focused more on story and character development than on exp and items. As I've explored the forum and wiki it seems the community on Conquest of the Horde is dedicated to crafting a persistent world and that is exactly what I'm looking to take part in.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I think my favorite, perhaps just because of the verbiage is 'All players on this server should have a high degree of competence in typing'.
It's a lovely way of wording the rule.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The rooms are sort of dark, lit by a warm light which seems to have no source. Shadows are harsher than I remember, but there you are. You're brushing your teeth, giggling as I stand watching; your mouth outlined by white foam.
"One kiss" you becon, your toothbrush quivering, hanging from your mouth. "Just one".
The warm light intensifies your features, I laugh.
You're in the living room by the time I get there, you have to go, you're piling things in your bag.
"Why don't you ever want to be with me". Your face harsh, the light darkened.
I turn my head things seem to move slowly now, you're in the kitchen.
"Do you want waffles?" The light is back, but the air seems still. I move to hold you, but you're not there.
A sound comes from the hall.
"I never gave a shit about any of this-" Your voice is tinny, flat, it seems far away.
"Haven't you been listening?"
I spin to face you but there is only a shadow, a blur in the corner of my eye. I close my eyes, things seem to spin. I stumble to the bedroom and fall beside the bed. Your voice ringing, out of context, out of sync, I see glimpses of your face but nothing is solid.
I reach for the bedside table, grab the bottle and twist it open. A small moment of silence, a darkness, and then the warm light which seems to have no source. You're brushing your teeth.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I don't think I have anything left to ask, theres so much to read in the forums and the wiki I'm a bit overloaded right now.
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Verlag! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Make sure to /join chat in-order to join our global OOC channel in-game.

Hey, I lived in Baltimore as well! I actually worked for a certain unnamed (cough, cough) utility company that hasn't been very popular since certain changes were made regarding the price of electricity. I left the state about two years ago, but until them I lived in the Towson area.

You are correct regarding our efforts. We want an environment that is not only appealing to players but is also consistent. We rely heavily on the known information regarding the Warcraft universe, regardless of its source (the game, pen and paper roleplaying game, novels, comics, whatever!). This makes it so that everyone can potentially draw upon the same knowledge, allowing us to create something believable -- at least, within the Warcraft universe!

That isn't to say that we unfairly constrain players. We just want logical, believable results!