Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Sjakal`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Physically I am a somewhat pale and thin dude that runs a few miles for exercise each week, or less if I can get away with it. Professionally, I study computer science and computer game machine learning at the moment. My spare time is spent watching anime and thriller films, reading books (Band of Brothers and the Diablo Sin War trilogy most recently). And of course I play computer games like Neverwinter Nights, Mass Effect, Chrono Trigger, Warcraft (any of them), Thief, Knights of the Old Republic and many others. In general I prefer games with decent story telling as well as good character and plot development. Musically I hear whatever I please, including classical music, Dire Straits, OverClocked Remix tracks, progressive trance, Within Temptation, and whatever is not hip hop and generic pop music.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from Denmark and speak Danish and English more or less fluently. I also speak high-school German, and can to some degree understand a few Dutch and Japanese words if I am lucky.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
In the early nineties on a demo CD accompanying my father's 286 PC sound card I noticed a demo version of Blizzard Entertainment's (earlier Silicon & Synapse) Warcraft: Orcs and Humans. I still remember the narrator (voiced by Bill Roper I think) in the intro saying "Welcome to the world of Warcraft." And there, the seeds of a legend were sown! Drawing from the Warhammer universe Blizzard and Chris Metzen managed to create a strategy game with incredibly compelling story and atmosphere, which through Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness and Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos has only been exceeded by Blizzard's own World of Warcraft. Beside WoW I have played through the campaign storyline of all three Warcraft games and expansions several times with great enjoyment everytime.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I started looking on google after playing Neverwinter Nights 2 and thinking that I wanted some of the same in World of Warcraft, as WoW plays more smoothly. Luckily my prayers were answered! I googled for "wow private rp server" and also saw you listed on a few private server lists.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
On Neverwinter RP Persistent World servers I tend to spend more time talking and doing RP events than fighting. During hostile RP encounters I prefer acting the fight out for real if at all possible, and I do not mind getting my behind served to me if the encounter is just fun for both parts and leads to more RP afterwards.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
In WoW I have mainly played as a druid, hunter, rogue, warlock and similar classes. I prefer versatile and agility or spell based characters over brute force armor wielding meatshields. As for races I prefer either elf race, humans, dwarves and trolls. In general I prefer not looking like a bundle of muscles when my character is of a caster or rogueish archetype.

What are your expectations of this server?:
That I can finally roleplay properly in World of Warcraft as I had hoped when I first got into the Korean beta many years ago. I will not be interested in reaching maximum level and looking like a wardrobe malfunction with lightsabers unless that is necessary to roleplay with the rest of the gang. Which I look forward to, at long last, being able to do.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Role-playing appeals to me as it seems this server has a genuine love and respect for the Warcraft lore Blizzard worked so hard to establish. No longer will my feeble attempts at WoW RP be repelled by frequent bouts of "lol fag u rp" as when I play on Blizzard's RP servers. Here roleplaying is PROPERLY encouraged and enforced.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Once upon a time... Alright I think I have wasted enough of your time by writing too much (a weakness I have) in the other introduction parts. Once it is time to become a Grunt I will be happy to write a proper story. Hopefully even one closely related to my or other players' characters on the server.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Is it possible to roleplay with the rest of the people on the server without wearing ridiculous armor and glowing weapons? I hope so. Am I going to enjoy myself here? I think so!
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, Policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.