Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Durandal`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Welp, I'm 20 years old. I have roleplayed since about the year 2000, starting off in that far-off and distant kiddyland called Town Square in a game you might find familiar, Diablo. From there, I moved onto more roleplaying pursuits, and found out that Warcraft Roleplay is actually pretty enjoyable from roleplaying on some of the Live Servers.

I unfortunately cannot play on the live servers anymore, as I am currently awaiting my ship date to Boot Camp to serve in the United States Navy, and money is.... tight. Very tight.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from the USA. I sprechedy the Engledy.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into Warcraft when I originally played Warcraft 2, although I was too young at the time to get into the lore. I started getting into the Lore of it when I had Warcraft 3.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Searched on Google for WoW Private Server Roleplay, you guys were the first option.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Really, I enjoy almost all types of roleplay. I try and integrate my characters so that they are not determined solely by one single kind of roleplay.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I like playing as a Night Elf Rogue. Makes me feel like a ninja. Although that's more of an OOC choice than anything else.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Good RP, possibly some fun with levelling if there is, in fact, any lower-leveled characters.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Quite honestly, I find humility to be one of the best rules you have on that list.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(I wrote this just a short while ago, for a server on Graal I was on called Valikorlia. Needless to say, I'm not really playing there anymore due to over-domineering admins and the fact that it just got horribly boring. If you would like to verify that indeed I actually wrote this, I can prove it.)

Rexan Anteri was a thief. Not a particularly good one, nor a particularly clever one, which was why he was in the predicament that he currently was in. But thankfully, despite his lack of skill, he had a decent amount of connections through what was left of the Unseen's networks. And so, after stealing from one of the leading families of Esthras, he needed a place to hide, and he needed one fast. Running through the dark and crumbling tunnels underneath the city, trying desperately to remember a path through, he did not notice when the dimming sounds of chase gave way to the whirr and click of industry. As he was looking backwards, he slammed right into a large, black-cloaked man, or, what he thought was a man, collapsing down onto the ground. Without a sound, without a breath, the thing kneeled down and picked up the unlucky thief by the collar of his sweat-stained leather jerkin, the man paralyzed with fear. The man-thing began to carry him, hauling him by the collar of the jacket towards a rather large oaken door, covered with a few symbols and sigils that almost certainly were of magical nature, considering the slight glow about them projecting a slight amount of light into the darkness. The two proceeded through the door, the well-oiled hinges opening without a noise, as they entered into a rather sumptuous office, detailed and quite different from the rest of the sewers. Plush carpeting that could likely swallow small rodents covered the floor, and a fire was burning rather cheerily in the fireplace at the side. The walls were clad with a few tapestries of well-made make, and an oil painting of some major Valikorlian figure, Rexan didn't know exactly, hung on the wall behind a large, padded chair. The desk that the chair was in front of was crafted out of rather exquisite Meridiemite wood, a deep red coloration marking it as notably different from any pine, oak, or birch that would come from Kharlia. Without ceremony and without warning, the Thief was dumped into a padded chair in front of the desk, and gave him a gesture that indicated that he should wait.

Time passed, the large black thing behind him waiting as well, before a bookcase slid open, from behind it stepping a rather familiar man to Rexan's eyes. “Adrammal! What in the Abyss are you doing here!” , the thief sputtered, shocked and surprised to see someone remotely familiar down here. Adrammal was well-known in the public light for being the purveyor of one of the most popular beverages amongst the social elites of the city, his Miracle Drink. Crafted with…. Well…. Who knows what, really, it served as the perfect pick-me-up and partying drink, considering its potent mixture of some alcoholic substance, some kind of substance that sustained the person and made them feel well-fed, and a dire energy-giving component, some say direct from Meridiem, that gave the user a boost of energy when drunk. Needless to say, it was a hot seller, not to mention the price it was sold at. He was similarly well-known for running various orphanages and recovery houses around the city, helping out quite a few of the city's poor in the process of doing things, helping alcoholics and people under more dire addictions, whatever they might be, recover their minds, their bodies, and their lives. Underneath this flawless public image, however, Rexan knew that Adrammal was formerly one of the higher-ups in the Unseen, and it was extremely doubtful the man had changed, despite his seeming good turns. Although it was unknown what, exactly, Adrammal had done to achieve such a position, he knew that people didn't become that powerful without having some kind of trick up their sleeves. “Oh, you know, running a business, planning things, that sort of thing that all men of labor and work strive for. And I assume that you, are a thief, and that you are on the run, correct?” Adrammal responded to Rexan's question rather simply, and with a faint grin on his lips and a sparkle in his eyes that spoke more than the simple pleasantries rolling off of his lips. “I see you types never change, always sharper'n the rest of us…. You're right, I need a place to stay…..” Rexan was about to carry on with his sentence, before Adrammal simply held up a hand and said, “Of course. You could very well stay here. Come now, let me show you around. You're here on a very good coincidence, you know…. Now.” Adrammal stood up, tipping his hat to the large, black-clad man-thing that stood behind the thief, as he moved into position behind, presumably, his master. Adrammal gave the thief a smile and a nod, saying, “Well, come on, then. We have much ground to cover, and not much time.”

Adrammal gestured towards the bookshelf, as it slid open on its own accord, a slight billowing of hot air coming from the gap now present. He stepped through, his silent and rather creepy bodyguard following shortly thereafter along with Rexan. The bookcase slid shut behind them with a thud and a suctioned sound, obviously sealed against the hot and oppressive air inside. Within, it was pitch black, the very air itself hot, humid and horrible to stand in for too long. Chugging and whirring sounds of machinery and labor were heard, although no human sounds were present. Adrammal laughed slightly at the Thief's reaction, which was a mixture between a cough and a wheeze at the oppressive air of the place, and said, “Tell me, thief, what is the nature of man? Is it his nature to do good? To make the world better for himself and for others? How does man accomplish so much? No need to answer, these are rhetorical questions, of course, but I believe I have found a suitable answer.” With a clapping noise, globes of light appeared around the darkened room, revealing them on a catwalk suspended above a vast factory-like complex, churning out bottles of the substance that sold so very well. And the workers themselves, shrouded in nothing, but they did not need to be. Rexan nearly fainted dead away at the sight of the undead creatures working the machines, nothing but bleached bones and faint, reddish light glowing in their eye-sockets. “My answer is quite simple. Man accomplishes so much by ignoring the very humanity he himself professes is so important. Mankind accomplishes all it does by bestial and horrible acts, and through these acts, he betters himself. Now, shall we carry on?”

Rexan's eyes did not leave the undead creatures as they walked along the catwalk, a slight chill settling into his body. But his host seemed to have no desire to cause any harm to him, so onwards they went, heading towards a dim, seemingly natural light source at the end of the catwalk. The glow was coming from down a circular set of stairs, and as they came to the bottom, Rexan realized what exactly it was. Several rotting corpses, laying on the ground of the long hallway in which they occupied, sprouted several large plants from their bodies. As they came near, the corpses revealed themselves to not be quite dead, moaning and reaching out feebly towards the two as they walked. Above them, globes glowed what seemed to be natural sunlight down towards the creatures, as water was occasionally sprayed upon the zombies by skeleton attendants. “You see, it's quite ingenious. When I receive fresh corpses, it's very hard to use them, since I cannot have any rot or falling body parts get into the mixture. After all, purity is quite important to me. So, I use them for fertilizer to grow the plants that I need to use to make the drink. That speeds along the rotting process, which allows me to use them more effectively as their more bony cousins.” Adrammal grinned like a child showing off his favorite toy, as they shuffled down the line, the moans from the zombies droning into the thief's ear like a drill bit into wood. As they watched, a skeleton drew out a quite large potato from the chest of a nearly rotted away zombie, a rattling moan coming from the creature as the plant was uprooted. “Oh, looks like that one is almost done. I suppose I will have to command him to be sheared and put to work laboring.” He gestures slightly towards the skeleton who was pulling him out, who gazed at him with those dim, red glowing eyes and began to drag away the rotted-away corpse, taking him towards, presumably, an area where he would be converted into a far more suitable form for laboring with sanitary materials. They passed through this area, coming out to a section where a great deal of stills were set up, and Adrammal headed over to one, inspecting the finished product of the things within. “You see, in here…. I am creating the alcohol for the drink itself, using the potatoes grown from the undead that still have flesh in them. I use a special kind of berry as well, but that's a trade secret, you know.” He winks slightly, grinning. Rexan simply gave a bit of a frightened grin at this half-joke, the sights of what he had seen so far terrifying him beyond any measure of remaining calm. Only the fact that Adrammal had everything completely under his thrall really kept him from being completely out of his mind terrified. “The nature of man also revolves entirely upon his will to push his fear of the unknown out of the picture. After all, fearing the unknown is ludicrous. Absolutely ridiculous. It isn't that which is unknown you have to fear. If something completely unknown comes to face you, you can't predict it, so why worry about it? However, on the other hand, you know the guards. You know the Road Wardens. You know what they can do, and you know what they are capable of, and there's very very little you can functionally do to stop them from doing it. That is far more fear-inspiring than simply not knowing. And if you knew half of what I know about the undead… Well, you wouldn't fear them at all.” Adrammal had this little comment to add to the discussion, matching it with a friendly, eased grin that seemed more akin to a hustler or a merchant than a necromancer of quite some persuasion.

They moved onwards towards the end of their tour, the smell of roasting chocolate hitting Rexan in the nose like a sledgehammer to the face. Seen were various kilns, roasting large containers of small, brownish beans. After that, a large press was seen, pressing the beans into a powder. “Meridiem. It's from Meridiem. A small bean that, when turned into a powder and mixed with water, becomes a bitter drink with energy-giving properties. I enjoy this drink, of course, because it helps me keep awake for some of the things I need to do.” He nods to Rexan, the thief having calmed down considerably after the shock of the Zombies. He nodded to a Skeleton, who brought over a small cup of hot, brownish liquid. “Here. Try it. You probably haven't before, it's quite interesting. An acquired taste, really.” Rexan took the cup, sniffed at it gently, and threw the drink back, gulping it down. He was surprised, he honestly thought the drink was going to eat away at his insides or kill him with poison or something. After a few moments of not keeling over to the ground in agony, he spoke, saying, “Er…. Interesting, I guess….” He shrugs slightly, peering around at the other places. His weariness had seemingly faded, as he seemed a bit more up to speed with things now. “Now, come, right this way, we are almost to the end of the tour.” He steps through the rest of the corridor, leading to a room with large mixing vats, where the parts became one whole. Unfortunately, this was far less of an interesting sight than the rest, considering that it had much less inhabitants and such than the ret. “And that is the end of the tour. Now, I suppose you should wonder why I revealed this all to you? If word got out to the Esthras guards, this entire operation would be sabotaged. Completely. But, you know the saying. Mankind thrives off of bestial acts.” The bodyguard stepped behind Rexan, and suddenly, Rexan's head shot through with stars, his world blacking out.

He came to an unknown time later, staring up at a white, glowing orb. He was laying on what he thought was dirt for the moment, although he couldn't be too sure, since his body was not responding to his movements. He attempted to move, and found it… Quite impossible. He did see, however, a green stalk growing out of his chest area. In his mind, his soul trapped inside of an undead body, he screamed, the zombie he became letting out a dull moan in response to this. Adrammal peered down at the creature, and said, “Remember, thief. What keeps mankind alive is bestial acts.”

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not really. I just look forwards to actually playing in an environment where people are relaxed, chill, and not prone to getting all pissy at people at the drop of a pin like the other roleplaying places I've been at.
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, Policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.