Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Thornheart`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm 20 years old and I've been playing World of Warcraft for three years now mainly because I lack something better to do. I always played on private servers and finding someone wanting to roleplay is extremelly difficult so my experience in RP is almost none.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I live in Portugal and my native language is portuguese.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Many of my friends play WoW on retail and since I enjoyed the game so much one of them gave Warcraft 3 so I could know its story. After playing Warcraft 3 and the Frozen Throne I decided to play WoW in a private server due to my inability to pay for retail.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I've searched for private RP servers for a while now but this one looks more "serious" and organized than the others. I found it through Google.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I've had minimal experience in all kinds so I don't really know which one I like best. I'm looking forward to try them all.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favourite race are blood elves, mainly because they look "stylish" and have the best lore in my opinion. As for classes, I like mostly the caster classes like mages, warlocks and priests. Mainly priests.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I hope this will be a place where I'll be able to RP and have some fun.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
A few got my attention. I thought the one about being careful about what we RP about near the guards was well thought and I also liked the one about giving proprer credit when we copy a guide from somewhere else, that is something that usually annoys me too.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(I just tought about this so it isn't a great story but here it goes.)
It was raining in the Wetlands. The humidity was far too much for Valdug's old bones. He wanted to go home to Ironforge as soon as possible, yet he didn't have the money to afford a ram and had to walk all the way there from Menethil harbor. He was sent there to deliver a message to someone boarding the boat to Northrend. It was a lousy job but he needed the money to survive. Long gone were the days of serving as a middle man selling gnomish inventions to the dwarves, now he couldn't even buy a ride on a gryphon. "Blasted gnomes! Who thought it was a good idea to bomb Gnomeregan with radiation?!", he tought, as he did countless times after Gnomeregan fell.
He kept walking down the road to Dun Algaz, musing on how best to spend the fifty silver he was about to make. All he could hear were the rain and the marsh sounds, croaking, bubbling and buzzing endlessly around him. Suddenly he heard a commotion on the mountains to his right. "The Dragonmaw clan? Someone is attacking them?" Valdug wondered, walking faster then before, unsure if the Dun Algaz would be safer after the commotion or actually during the commotion.
He stepped into the tunnel and was able to hear screams and clashing steel better than before, the orcs were obviously being attacked by someone. He approached the tunnel's end carefully and took a peek outside, what he saw were the ravaged corpses of at least seven Dragonmaw scouts and grunts. The sounds of combat and the yelling subsided gradually, Valdug took a step forward out the tunnel. Slowly, he set towards the corpses and tried to figure out how they were killed. He was no weapons expert but he could recognize an axe wound when he saw one, so it was no surprise to him that the attacker was another dwarf who came out of the dwarven outpost taken by the Dragonmaw moments later, covered in blood and carrying two huge axes.
"Hail! How are ye, friend?" he asked casually, while trying to clean the orc blood from his long black beard.
"Err... Could be better, the humidity makes my joints ache... Nice work you did here friend, I take it someone wanted them dead, eh?", Valdug asked.
"Nay, I am on my way to Northrend and decided to clear the path for couriers. These lands are very dangerous for those with no battle training. I am Akhar Stonefist, a champion of the Alliance, it is my solemn duty to help our people!"
"I am Valdug Steelplate, nice to meet ye, friend Akhar! I'm glad ye passed by, I did not cherish the thought of having to sneak past them again.", the old dwarf sitted down and took an axe from one of the dead orcs. "Maybe it would be a good idea to learn how to fight. A dwarf cannot depend on others' help forever..."
"with all the stuff happening in Northrend, there's hardly anyone to protect Alliance holdings here. I'm sure the Ironforge army wouldn't mind another recruit. Now, if you excuse me, I have a boat to catch. Farewell friend Steelplate!"
"Farewell Master Stonefist!", Valdug watched while Akhar mounted his ram and rode down the tunnel. "What am I to do? I am no warrior...", he said to himself.
Then he heard a yell and saw an orc grunt running towards him wielding an axe and a bloodthirsty gaze.
Valdug was still grasping the orcish axe, he faced the orc trembling slightly. His joints were still aching and he was terrified. "It's now or never...", he thought and then yelled as loudly as he could - "For Khaz Modan!".

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde! :3

Lok'tar Ogar! Speak friend and enter, and all those good things. Hehe. Upon entering the game for the first time, please /join chat for game related questions and conversations and /join barrens for a more silly shenanigan filled atmosphere!

In the meantime, please make sure you are familiar with our Rules, Policies, and FAQ's. If you haven't, also check out the Wiki! It's pretty cool.

Hope you enjoy yourself and we look forward to seeing you in there! Happy Rping! ^-^