Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Sinkatsu`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, my name is Tony and I am 24 years of age and I've been playing MMOs since I was about 12 years old or so. My first time getting into one was way back in the day when I found a discount CD of Everquest in the bargain bin at Wal-mart and it had a free first month and I said "What the hell?" and tried it out. Soon after I fell into the world of online gaming, role-play, and fantasy and have been messing around in this fantastic world of mayhem and fun ever since.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
USA. I speak English only, although I am a bit of an anime fan boy and watch lots of sub-titled stuff. I hope to some day learn it if I ever get around to it..ahem.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into world of warcraft a few years ago when I was stuck between MMOs. I had just gotten out of playing Everquest 2 and my cousin sent me to a friend on a server who said they needed more active and dedicated players but it didn't turn out so well. Either way, I enjoyed the game and have been playing it on and off ever since. I am not as heavy into the lore as I'd like to be but I am very patient and willing to learn of things if people have the time to tell me about them. I've spent the last two hours browsing over the wiki whilst enjoying my night and thinking of what character I'd like to create.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I found this server through another player-friend of mine who wanted me to come and enjoy some time with her on this server. I don't know what login ID she is using here though. She said that it was 100% RP and rather friendly and so I figure I'd read your rules, give it a shot, and see if I fit in over here. The rules are a bit daunting at first, but at second thought its refreshing because it dispels and keeps the problems of other servers and other issues that have come up in the past down to a minimum.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
It is very hard to explain the type of role-play I truly enjoy in a few or a bunch of words. I enjoy strong spurts of role-play I supposed would be the closest to a nutshell, I love action through text and more imagining things while I RP. Often times I've role-played while having no visual medium whatsoever, so details are a quirk for me at times but I also can relax and enjoy casual RP time to time. I must say that I do not enjoy extremely social role-play in a fantasy world, while I enjoy the occasional party, gathering, or just laying in the sun drinking lemonade in a field, that is never where my fun really comes from. I enjoy action and suspense, always wondering whats going to happen next, but when its predictable and too quiet and calm, it can lead to me losing interest, but at the same time...too much danger and haphazard action can get tiring on the brain.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race and class combination or individual? Race would have to be Forsaken and my favorite class would have to be Shaman. If I could be an undead or worgen Shaman, I believe my days would be set. Forsaken have always been an interest to me because I enjoy morbid and dark things when it comes to fantasy, but I like balance too, so I found it interesting how most forsaken try to mask their emotions or feign not having any whatsoever when they still do and it makes for interesting characters both in-game and story-wise. As far as the class of Shaman, I recently made one, strangely enough it being the last class for me to try out of all of them in Wow and I've found it to be extremely fun and different with my moving area of effect totems. Also, Shamans have also been deep and spiritual in nature, so it makes for interesting scenarios when you are able to commune with spirits and nature on different levels either from the druid's viewpoint or the shamanistic one and I prefer the Shaman's spirits...also goes back to the dead thing. Ha ha. Combination wise I enjoy a good night elf rogue. Sneaky and yet balanced with nature like a panther stalking in the night.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to have fun and hopefully be able to play on it and enjoy time spent with my friend and others who enjoy role-play. I've always been in haphazard RP environments except for a select few good memories so it'll be refreshing and different to be in a structured and yet laid back environment from what I've read so far.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Well there's two if that's okay. One of them is the PVP rule of not killing without an RP reason, or at least without a warning when you enter the zone or some known previous history. I think on PVPRP servers that would be a welcomed breeze and would very much turn-off griefers of both role-play and players. I am in no right a hold hands and cry type of Pvper, but I'd like it if I had the option to either surrender or "Escape" to a more secure area before I'm bush-whacked. Another is generalized in that you state most of your rules over and over so they aren't missed, and I probably won't remember them all, but I'll do my best to uphold them.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
A shadow loomed outside on a ledge, known only by the gargoyles and other granite pieces that adorned the home of which something was kept...something that didn't belong there to begin with. The night was crisp and clear, but it was dim, the moon at its crescent and yet the figure always kept itself hidden and out plain sight of the guards who patrolled below. A wisp of movement and the shuffle of a cloak and there it was, it was right there in sight before her, and she couldn't help but grin when the object of her mission was so close at hand. Inverted and hanging over the edge, she could see it, and with it was two guards at the ready standing diligently. How could she possibly sneak by them? And even if she could, how would she escape from such a height with all of the security?

Earlier that night had been smooth for the unknown thief, as it often was, having memorized the movements and supposed patterns of the patrol over several nights and the possibilities of alterations to their planned paths and moving within their blind spots before scaling the wall and getting onto the roof. The stalker ran the plan over again and again, whispering quietly into the wind what she'd do when she acquired the prize, just as a crow decided to make its presence known and let out a loud "CAW!" causing her to lose all sense of focus and subtlety. Away went the stealth and all of her cover as she tumbled over the side and let out a nervous and stuttered fit of whines as she caught onto the edge of the balcony below and looked up to the crow that had now perched itself on the lip and stared down at her curiously. "....No...no...please...just go away..." was what she whispered and begged, but as her luck always ran out at these points in time, the crow quickly pecked at her gloved fingers and down she fell into the bushes.

Anyone else would count themselves lucky to only walk away with a twisted ankle and even luckier to have not been noticed by the guards, but only sputtered curses and whines came forth from the unlucky thief as she limped away into the night for the third time that month.

(Thieves never catch a break...only sprains! *Rimshot*....Don't hit me)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Just want to say it'd be nice to join the community, I'm not the most social of people, but if I can add to the fun and enjoyment without being too much of a wild-card, I'm sure we'll have tons of fun together.
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, Policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.