Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: The Pharaoh's Corner.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
The following views are the views of "ThePharaoh" and He only. These views are in no way shape or form meant to offend, disrespect or belittle others. This message is not condescending, nor does it consist of "Ass-kissery", "Lameness" or "Fail" These are the views of "ThePharaoh" and not the GM staff or others unless they themselves have posted. I intend to keep within the boundaries of the rules. If this becomes locked or deleted I understand. Language is Mature. If you don't like it don't read it.

Hi I'm ThePharaoh I'm an RP a holic. I've been here for longer than I imagined I would be as far as consistency is concerned. Before I continue I'd like to speak on my behalf and describe who I am for those who don't know me. I am a very opinionated stylized RPer. Since I have joined I almost lost my privileges to be here.

I say what is on my mind and it has gotten me in trouble. Why do I bring this up, I do this to show that I am not perfect ( duh ) but I want -you- to know I am aware that I am not. i would also like you to know that I do not think this server is perfect either. Perfection is an unattainable state of being in my opinion but that is just me. I have made this post because of things on my mind that have been a little unnerving. IF you agree I understand and I am hoping you speak your mind, if you disagree please feel free to say what you feel.

Issues I have.

Cliques.

Cliques are inevitable. I only bring this up because I have seen a lot of people discuss this idea. I think cliques happen because there are people who enjoy similar RP and are on at similar times. A lot of us don't like each other but are willing to RP with each other for sake of RP. This is how cliques start they are going to happen always. All I hope is that people who are aware of cliques, people who have influence on this server realize that these do exist and be more open minded to new characters who wish to join. Whether they be veteran GMs or brand new peons.

Big part of Cliques are GM association. I am friends or acquaintances with quite a few GMs. They do they job well and this is nothing against them. It is just that they are people too and are here to RP. And they're intimidating to RP with, or at least at first. You don't have to admit it but their title is something to be respected at least. And it's that title you are always mindful of until you realize they're just people too. It makes it hard when maybe a GM and myself are deep in storyline RP. I'll tell you straight up, I have been here a year I just RP'd with kretol a month or two ago and I was nervous. Laugh if you want. But you don't want to f**k up in front of the guy who's running the fucking server. Who is this against? No one. It happens, like I said I bring this up so others are aware of this.

Try to incorporate other into your RP. And also those who aren't involved in some mainstream RP ( myself included ) at least try to make the effort to get involved before QQing about elite-ism. Because a lot of these "Cliques" are just trying to keep RP interesting for those involved.

Realism.

I know I pissed some people off in a post about storming the Catacombs, I didn't respond because I was tired and agitated when I wrote my posts because I was on my way to work. But the area was made because evil or shady chars have no where to RP. They have no place to relax and flesh out their char like good or neutral chars do. so the fact that people are trying to exploit this location because of their OOC knowledge of it. Pisses me off honestly. Your char 5 times out of 10 wouldn't know it existed and storming it I still believe is suicide. There is a mound of over 10,000 bodies and Kimee isn't the only Necromancer there ICly, and there are more than a few DK's there. If you storm that place your fighting 10,000 zombies, plus ghouls, plus NPCs, Plus playable chars. To me its like an Orc going into Stormwind. Even if the whole server dual boxed orcs we're not taking over Stormwind. ICly its just implausible

Does it offer good RP? Hell yes, and I encourage it. I'm trying to get my storylines and chars into the big war with the catacombs. but people need to realize ( myself included ) if you play with fire you're going to get burned. You go to the Catacombs with good intentions and the ambitions to change or "liberate" it you're going to die. Period. It's too many anomalies to say that good will prevail with such a handful of ( in this lore ) anonymous chars. ( our chars are epic but aren't lore figures is my point. )

GM's

First off you all most ( myself included ) need to stfu about what GM's do. They have -the- most un-respected job on this server. Most have pushed GM's and people that I enjoyed and were hard working contributions to this -free- server away because of their complaining. I have complained too I don't mean this post to be me shaking my finger but to keep us -all- aware of what we do not thinking consciously of our actions. They create all the custom zones, the doors on all major cities and added npcs. That's hard to do and takes significant time just to make our fictitious stories believable to us. To mean something because that's what we're here for. Not everyone thinks RP is significant. Not like we all do, we should come together not be divided. Lets be real, many would laugh and mock at the stories and legends of our characters. We have come together from all over the world for a similar interest. We should make this the best shit of all time.

People I've heard have called me a kiss ass and shit like that I don't give a f**k because personally I have no reason to Kiss the ass of -any- gm in this establishment. I give credit where credit is due, and I may say thank you more than needed but it's just because I don't see it being said enough. Not saying none of you say it, but I'm sure they appreciate it when someone says thanks. If you are ever RPing and a GM does something nice for you, port you somewhere, answer a question or anything. know they were probably doing something or RPing when you interrupted them, and you should thank them for helping you. ( But Pharaoh! That's their job! ) Wrong these MF's ain't getting paid. They're just another person behind a computer like you who love to be appreciated too.

Interpersonal RP reaction.

I have noticed a lot of snide ass remarks from player to player. It's bullshit. If you don't like me or this person Don't rp with them. Stfu plain and simple. No need to subliminally diss them in barrens. If you want to kill someone quit being a punk and trying to lure them outside a city. There are -many- ways to kill someone In a city without being detected by a guard. Poisons or other spells that aren't visually obvious. Use your mind this is [censored] RP. CoTH has a stellar group of RPers you guys may be oblivious but you are all wonderful, I've enjoyed witnessing the convincing chars you all display. Some of the peons are remarkable. A lot of you grunts and GM's taught me wtf to do and is the reason I can keep (what I would hope to say enjoyable) Rp stories going on.

Now it's to the point where there are so many stories you have to pick from one. Clovis is leading an amazing group, the Frostbrand Marines, Knock is heading and organizing with the help of others the war on evil which I think is needed and encourage. The Alliance volunteer army, the Aula Arcanum, The Regiment. There are -many- Guilds running strong with structure. Last year this wasn't happening. I wanna say around this time last year the arena in barrens had just came out and started running strong. Which meant we were all spamming the dog shit out of barrens, not the chat but the zone. With everyone from Jesus to Hermine to stop by to catch a roll fight. It brings on a much needed war in warcraft. I just hope people realize fighting evil you will die. I know Knock knows this as he/she has stated this numerous times. But others following him I hope -you- know it, because it will be -you- who dies and has a problem.

Be kind to the next RPer because a lot of people honestly don't give a f**k about RPing. They laugh at us, we are wasting our time. Spending hours on fake chars and fake stories. We have -all- temporarily escaped reality to bask in a world without the true hatred we live in to play with fictitious hatred and lives to -enjoy- our own lives and spare time. I love coming to CoTH after work and I am so Thankful for Kretol and the GM staff for that. More people need to say Thanks Kretol to say it. Not because it's what you -should- do, or because he's decided to help the lives of others on his own with throwing up this server. but because I doubt kretol knows the ramifications on the lives he's effected with this server. If you say bullshit to that comment you haven't been here long enough.

CoTH -is- the best Private server ever. f**k what you heard it's what you're hearing/reading. They've tried to accommodate our needs forever. To the point we don't even know what Kretol intended this server to be. But despite my ramblings I encourage others to have fun, and share your fun and happiness with your fellow player. If you have to take your frustration on someone take it out on me. "Say hello to the bad guy" I can take it, it's what I'm here for. But please, please please please please be appreciative to the server that you log on. And think. DAMN it would take a loooong time to re-vitalize Azshara Crater. Thanks for the GMI portals, the add item, and locate rp item function. The new server so you retail fans can do whatever retail crap you guys like to do.

Thanks for that, GM staff and Kretol for dealing with our bullshit and remaining there the next day to log in and continue to endure. It may not be as bad as I articulated but it -is- there. We are ungrateful and I am aware. I on the behalf of our younger community say thank you for your personal sacrifices whether it be time or mental stability for a moment. The one who couldn't give a f**k less what you think but is in -all- of your debt. Everyone in the server, -I- thank you.
I agree with you on that Kretol has done tremendous work getting this server.

I'm sorry I don't mean to pry but you didn't need to swear so much. You can get your point across just as strongly without it.

Anyway, I do agree with most things said here, though my views come from someone who feels somewhat out of place. I'm new, a month and a bit is very new, so maybe the feeling will go away.
See man, whatever you just mentioned in your post, whether its about appreciating the amount of work the GMs put in or about realism in rp is all but obvious. Thing is, players who don't want to adhere to this, won't, not matter how well you explain stuff to them.

Just look at the periodic shitstorms that occur here, whether its people whining about their pets being shrunk or about being banned/demoted. People know that the GMs are folks just like them who can/will make mistakes but they don't want to acknowledge that. Its always easier to hold the staff accountable for any shit that happens. Same goes for realism, players like to twist things around in a way that suits them.

ThePharaoh Wrote:And also those who aren't involved in some mainstream RP ( myself included ) at least try to make the effort to get involved before QQing about elite-ism. Because a lot of these "Cliques" are just trying to keep RP interesting for those involved.
Yea, this applies to me. For the past few months I have just been loitering about in the Barrens area, wishing to be part of some substantial, but didn't make any significant effort to get myself involved in the ongoing rp of other players. I'll try rectifying that. People like me keep posting on Barrenschat about how bored they are sitting alone in a tavern. Its good to first make an effort to join in on what others are doing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I appreciate your post, Pharoah. I, for one, like your straightforward and upfront way of saying things. :)
Thank you. This needed to be said. I may not agree with everything a GM does, but I at least try to be nice to them. I also try to be nice to all my fellow players. Even if they've been mean to me.
Renae Wrote:I agree with you on that Kretol has done tremendous work getting this server.

I'm sorry I don't mean to pry but you didn't need to swear so much. You can get your point across just as strongly without it.

Anyway, I do agree with most things said here, though my views come from someone who feels somewhat out of place. I'm new, a month and a bit is very new, so maybe the feeling will go away.

I agree with everything Renae said..

This does indeed to be said but please, it does look preetier and stronger without the swearing. =)

All hail Kretol for making this nice server ^_^

And ofcourse the other GM's <3
You are completely correct.

You run into Mordor, you most likely die in Mordor.

Everyone is not a super-hobbit with an army behind his back.
You can either be the super hobbit or have the super army, you can't have both =P <3 So you will most likly die instantly.
Right. And for those offended by the language I meant to put a language disclaimer at the time. But forgot. Mah bad. I'll add one.

Also as I've said I'm not trying to discourage RP trying to over turn the Catacombs because ICly it would probably happen. Good tries to triumph over evil. I just hope people understand it's an extremely dangerous task. A question was brought up at the Guild meeting event. And it's about people understanding they're char may have to die. I understand no one wants their char to die and most of the time their is a warning and time to escape. That is because the game is fair. Even if the lives we are RPing aren't fair ICly.

People will die though and we have to realize that when you're in a dangerous situation stfu or take your death. Like for instance Jid was busted in Azshara ran into and pisesed off Kretol -and- Navrend. So OOCly and ICly huge deal. Jid had to get his arrogant two cents in but he was about to die. No char warning needed, one was given ICly and I knew if I persisted with his character he'd been killed swiftly then the group would've nonchalantly made a sandwhich and discussed the ass they just whooped.

Situations over verbal altercations should have the option to bite your tongue and mosey tf on. But walking into human territory should be enter at your own risk. My opinion as stated above, these are just my views.
It wasn't that I was offended ... I, just feel that you won't reach as many ears if all you're doing is swearing and cursing.
I, once again, agree with you Pharaoh.
I believe the only people who would get offended are the ones who are doing what you complained about.

I've had my fair share of complaints about this server,
but the bottom line is that this is the best out there.

It has its flaws and its annoying systems,
but that is going to come with anything.

I am proud of this server and love it to death...
even as much as I b***h about it.
Renae Wrote:I'm sorry I don't mean to pry but you didn't need to swear so much. You can get your point across just as strongly without it.

I quote this right away. You're speaking out of my heart.

Also, I approve of the content in Pharaos text. However I'm somewhat wondered. I didn't notice any huge incident, who would require a discussion. Most of the people seem to approve of the work from the GMs and with some effort you can get into the 'cliques' pretty fast.

The only issue I noticed a little was the interpersonal RP reaction, but not that much, either. Maybe I'm just blind...
While cliques can form, I found that some of them are actually quite inviting and willing to take in another person who wants to rp. For example, I only rped a villain just yesterday, and on the first day I was allowed to join into The Heretic Circus and we even did a mission together. For someone that was entirely new I was quite welcomed into the kind of rp and it made me feel good.

I think the same could go for the other groups and cliques. Some may be exclusive but for the most part I think a lot of us are very happy to make new friends and bring in new people to whatever kind of rp we do.
/agree
As far as the swearing is concerned. I still don't see it as that big of a deal. The title "The Pharaoh's Corner" was basically me saying, I'm speaking my mind freely. If the swearing over-bares the message that I stated fairly clearly in my own opinion then I don't know what to tell you.

Another thing I would like to add, These are just topics I thought needed to be brought to the attention of others. I'm not trying to start anything, nor does this require some revamp of the server. Just something that in -my opinion- needed to be said. I've talked to a few others who share my sentiments. I'm aware of the swearing is heavy for some of you. Your point has been made if you wish to say something please have it correspond to the issues.
You, sir, are spot on. You've hit about five nails on the head with this post, and I'm pleased that you've posted it. Nice one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5