Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: k621`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I could probably be best described as an extremely laid back and chill roleplayer. I tend to go with the flow in RP, and I rarely get upset or angry at things happening in game. And that's just it, I'm the kind of roleplayer who realizes that WoW is no more than a game. That is not to say I don't take things seriously, but just to suggest that I know how to have a good time while maintaining a high grade of RP. I try to be as mature as possible in all serious situations, and I'm pretty confident I can be trusted not to be a jerk or gormodder or anything like that.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from the good ol' United States of America, and I speak English primarily.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I was introduced to WoW while it was still vanilla by a close friend of mine. I've been on and off since, recently sticking to private servers, and more specifically, those pertaining to RP.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I'll admit that this is not the only server I play on, because I really don't think that's a huge problem. However, I've heard about CoTH for a good while now from various roleplayers and I thought it would be a good time to check it out for myself.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy a lighthearted tavern RP just as much as the next guy, but I think my favorite type of RP would be combat RP, especially against foes who outmatch me or roleplayers who are exceptionally skilled because it allows me to test my own roleplaying abilities.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race is probably Tauren. I love their gentle giant image and reverence to nature. That coupled with their massive stature and immense strength make for just the type of character I like to play. Night Elves are a close second though, which makes sense considering the races' overarching similarities. I think my favorite class to play would have to be a shaman or a warrior, simply because I find them both versatile and entertaining.

What are your expectations of this server?:
From what I've seen thus far on the forums, I expect to see an extremely organized community filled with first rate roleplayers.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
My favorite rule is the rule about humility. It is a rule that should be implemented everywhere, because who really wants to listen to some blowhard who thinks he's all that because he has some shiny armor or a cool name tag? I believe that no matter the character or class, one should always maintain a degree of humility. It makes for a much more streamlined and fun roleplaying experience when players realize that they have to share the experience with everyone else.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The hooded figure rose slowly from his dark, foreboding throne. Immediately the small man standing in front of him shivered and shifted uneasily where he stood. The dark figure before him gave off a cold aura, one of death. With a flick of his wrist, the cavernous lair was illuminated in unnatural blue flame. "Any progress...?" demanded the necromancer, a hint of preoccupation in his voice. The small figure, now distinguished to be a sketchy looking gnome, once again trembled. "N-No sire, n-n-nothing noteworthy at all."

The necromancer let out a hacking cough and spat on the cold stone floor. "Nothing... NOTHING!?" The necromancer now stood at his full height, an imposing sight. "I have given you months of my valuable time so that you could concoct this potion for me. I've poured money and labor into this operation, and yet I've received nothing. Does that seem fair to you?" The necromancer's silver eyes gleamed ferociously from beneath his hood. The gnome was hard pressed to find the words that could appease his master, but eventually he let out in a small squeaky voice, "B-but sire, progress -is- being made. This new batch, they're really something." As he finished talking, two large bone golems dragged out a haggard looking Kaldorei. He had beaten and battered quite nicely, but he still managed to wear a twisted smile upon his face.

The necromancer simply stood at the foot of his throne, examining the Kaldorei. "What can it do?" The question was simple enough, but the gnome seemed to be fumbling with an acceptable answer. "H-he is physically much stronger... His reflexes are like a cat's. He resists pain..." The necromancer gave the elf another searching glance, before saying, "Show me. Let him loose." The gnome's eyes widened. Beads of sweat formed on the back of his neck. "Sire, I'm not so sure that's a good idea..."

The necromancer couldn't help but chuckle. "Did I ask for your opinion on the situation? No. Do as I say, or I'll make you wish you had taken the serum yourself." Reluctantly the gnome moved towards the elf, whose glowing eyes possessed an uncharacteristic iridescent color. He instructed the two bone golems to unchain the elf, but before the second shackle was even off, all hell broke loose. It was as if the elf was possessed by some vengeful and violent spirit. He made quick work of the two bone golems, pulling them apart piece by piece. When more undead soldiers attempted to restrain him, the elf went into a furious rage, ripping and tearing at the undeads' already decayed flesh. All the while the necromancer watched, a smiling curling onto his face.

When the elf finished with the final undead sentry, he saw the necromancer in the corner of his eye. He made a mad dash for the throne, foaming at the mouth as he did so. He necromancy waited painfully long to make any sort of move, only drawing his wand with a second to spare. A silent incantation and a flash of light later and the elf was on the floor, already cold. The necromancer again sat down, this time tired and nodded approvingly at the gnome. "Good, but we need these results faster. And you best oblige me, because next time I'll let it have you instead..."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Newp.
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, Policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.