Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Apherysh`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, above all else I'm a calm player, which means that I am not that much into PvP (surely I will take a part in battles if its necessary). I've also got bored with leveling, so the main thing I seek from World of Warcraft is chatting, having good time, making friends perhaps etc.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from Finland, and my primary language is finnish. Nevertheless, my english is fairly good as I've been studying it for around 8 years. I also "can" speak swedish, but...well, just forget the whole swedish.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Via my friends two years ago. I played in a blizzlike PvE server, and eventually became a GM there, so I have some experience about that, too.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I had a break from playing WoW, and now when I got interested it again I am eager to try something new that fits my wants. In other words I want to get familiar with roleplaying. (Yes, I haven't been roleplaying before, at least not that much. But I'd like to!)

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Hmm, well, at the moment that "relaxing tavern roleplay" sounds the best.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I'd say Night Elf hunter. That's becouse my main character has almost allways been one, it just fits me. Anyways, I'm not "interested in classes" right now, as I'm not seeking PvP OR even PvE that much, just relaxed chatting and stuff like that. Ofcourse I will pick a class and use it, but maybe you get my point.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Just nice people and loads of roleplaying!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Hard to say becouse they all are really important. But maybe "respect" is the most essential: If player is respectful, he/she will watch his/her language, will be mature, and so on.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
This is a small story, perhaps just a rumor, about devotion and sacrifice. This is the story of Rugmar.
The story tooks place in the Battle of Mount Hyjal, where the Burning Legion, led by the great Archimonde, was engaging the World Tree. Human bases had already been annihilated, and Archimondes troops were swarming towards the orchis encampent. Orcs were badly outnumbered, and it would be only matter of time when they would fall.
But they fought. They did not give up. They held their lines. But eventually one after another were slain. Soon only few grunts and Thrall - the mighty leader of the orcs - were standing.
"Fight my warriors! For the glory of Horde!" Thrall yelled. At the same time an arrow pierced his armor, just under the right arm - it was the weak spot. The mighty orc warchief was wounded, and due that the morale of the troops came crushing down. If even Thrall had no match against the Legion, then was it worthy to even try? the grunts were thinking, and one after another they all fled the battlefield, running in horror. All except one. Rugmar stood between Thrall and the enforcing enemy troops.
"Fall back to the night elf base, my lord!" Rugmar recommended, slaying demons with his sharp axe.
"No, I will not retreat!" the warchief responded.
Rugmar chopped and sliced as fast as he could. "You are more usefull there, after they heal your arm", he managed to say. "Go now, I will hold these bastards long enough for you to reach the safety!"
It was true, and Thrall knew it. He'd be no use here, wounded. "So be it", the warchied snarled, "thank you, brave soldier! I will not forget you!" After that Thrall fled.
Rugmar was able to hold the enemy forces long enough. But the power of the Burning Legion was withering, and eventually he fell.
Is this story true or not? Did it all go this way? Who knows. It's only a legend.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'm new with roleplaying and my english is not perfect, but I hope you understand that and let me join. Above all else, I'm here to learn!
Hello and welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Apherysh!

Remember to read our rules and policies if you haven't done so already - or if you ever feel like you've forgotten any of them! We also have a lot of various guides right here that you might find helpful if issues of that kind ever arise. :3 And if you've got any questions or need help with anything, feel free to ask around! Lastly, do not forget to /join chat for OOC chatter and communication when you log on!

Have fun! :>
~Dilly
Thank you! :) And of course i have read the rules etc., I value good rules & "supervision" so much that I wouldn't even join any server without watching those first. There just has to be some sort of order, O've learned that, and in CoH there certainly is! But as I said already: Thanks. Hope to see you all in-game!