Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Idea concerning orcs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since this wasn't necessarily a plot idea, I didn't feel like it fit in the storyline section. If this is the wrong place, sorry for the convenience but could you move it? :o

Well, anyway, the idea is about rolling a Blackrock Orc, from the current Blackrock orcs. First, that's legitimate to roll, right? It's regarding whether RPing them is like RPing a uncorrupted orc (not allowed)

I was looking in the wiki to see if there were any other RPers who rolled a orc from Blackrock and -stayed- Blackrock or conversely were born into the current Blackrocks.

I found a I think player who left and am reading one bio on someone who joined the New Horde.

If anything, I'm wondering yay? or nay? To being able to roll one. Maybe it's a dumb question but I asked in chat once and other things were more important so I figured why not just make a topic.
I'm pretty much sure we can't roleplay factions other than the Alliance, the Horde and the Ebon Blade.

The Blackrock Clan belongs to the Dark Horde.

And as WoWWiki says:
Quote:The New Horde is the historical nickname given to two points of time in the Horde's history.

The first "New Horde" was led by veteran chieftains, such as Grom Hellscream of the Warsong clan and Kilrogg Deadeye of the Bleeding Hollow clan, that surprised the Alliance defense forces and rampaged through the countryside— under Ner'zhul's surgical command.
The second "New Horde" was the nickname for the alliance of orcs, jungle trolls, and tauren united under the orc Warchief Thrall.
To flesh out the idea more, not just saying "I'm a Blackrock! These npcs are my big brothers and you can't touch me!"

I meant more along the lines of a Blackrock who no longer resides with other Blackrocks, and comes to join the Horde, but from what I've seen. at least in reading profiles and what not bringing a more dark type of savagery to the Horde? Less honorable, more cutthroat. Idk, something like that, maybe there's a hidden agenda? Maybe there isn't?

But basically I just wanted to make a character who is less than honorable and loves the fact the bloodlust nags at him. You know? Something like that.
http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/Cate ... able_Races
Quote:Any race, tribe, or clan found in a dungeon or raid
Considering how the Blackrock Tribe has... three dungeons after it and the Black Dragonflight under Nefarian, I'd say no.
Quote:3. A character has to be able to cope in some way with the fact that if he/she came from a hostile faction, that faction is hostile to them as well. If you're a Blackrock Orc, why are you now in Orgrimmar? Were you outcast? Did you leave as a traitor?

On the other hand, it seems to state that as long as it's realistic and not a 13 year-old mash up of Lion King 2, maybe, just maybe?
I've gotten a Zandalarian troll accepted before, as well as a Wildhammer dwarf... Those are both different clans than the currently playable ones (Which would be Darkspear and Ironforge). I don't see why you couldn't play a Blackrock, especially when rule three is actually using a Blackrock Orc as an example.
Zandalari Tribe and Wildhammer Dwarves are neutral factions. Blackrock are hostile... aren't they?
Beltharean Wrote:I've gotten a Zandalarian troll accepted before, as well as a Wildhammer dwarf... Those are both different clans than the currently playable ones (Which would be Darkspear and Ironforge). I don't see why you couldn't play a Blackrock, especially when rule three is actually using a Blackrock Orc as an example.

Should I speak with a GM, to put the butter on the bread? The link that Danalthar provided spoke about how I should do that. Also I have yet to actually RP (in the server) so I understand that my ability as RPer could be questioned until I do, but I just want to get cemented research in before I move in with my characters, you know?

I'm finding that RPing in WoW appears to be just like moving to another place to live, (in comparison to my SWG days). No place is too much different/better, it's what you make of it. So I'm not really worried about them not finding my RP up to standard, just the fact I have yet to actually prove anything on the matter.

(edit on my bread on butter statement lol... and one detail)
A Blackrock Orc should be fine, so long as he is currently not aligned with the Dark Horde. You should keep two things in mind, though: One, you will need a pretty good story as to why he's now not part of the Dark Horde, and Two: You should be cautious with any sort of "darker" Horde RP. It's very easy to do badly, especially in the case of Orcs.
To go along with what Grakor said, I know there is at least one Blackrock Orc on the server, and he has aligned himself with the goals of the New Horde. You can play one, because it has been done, you just can't claim a positive relationship with a hostile faction (which in this case would be the Orcs from Blackrock Mountain.) You'd have to be able to explain several things.

A. Why/how you left.
B. Why you wouldn't be welcome back.

That sort of thing. If I'm making sense.

As far as their personality goes? I'd say that depends on the individual. The Blackrock I've rped with depicts him as honorable, but struggling with the memories of past butchery. This is fine as the Blackrock is attempting to fit in with society. It is a struggle, but he is trying, and is reluctantly accepted. If you maintained too much of that wicked or savage mentality, I imagine you wouldn't be easily able to adapt.

Just my two cents! Huzzah!
Geems(GMs) , either Grakor or ChampionMouse, could you PM me the example of some of the bad orc RP (of the savage/too barbaric [at least that's what I'm guessing is the problem, somewhat?] RP attempts), just because I want to see if what I had in mind drifts into that territory.

I don't wanna say the kind of more developed things I had in mind for the orc, because if everyone knew, it'd be boring! But I see your point ChampionMouse.

Quote:A. Why/how you left.
B. Why you wouldn't be welcome back.

I'm sure I can come up with good history ideas/motivation and what not, just gotta take a break and put it on paper/brainstorm.

Edit: By IM I meant PM >_>