Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: omnivar`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm a 20 year old nerd, to put it simply. I roleplay often (with Pen and paper RPGs, such as Dungeons and dragons and Dark Heresy) and I'm a bit of a lore addict (but still have plenty to read up on). I try to be friendly (and funny) but by no means act 'silly', I've also been playing warcraft since before I can remember so I have a good background knowledge of the WoW world.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm English speaking British although I should mention I have low level Dyslexia which affects my spelling and grammar on occasion.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
As above, I've been playing the Warcraft series for a good many years so I inevitably wanted to play WoW but during my first try on it I found it rather boring until I found the Blizzard RP servers.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I wanted to find a server with more 'intensive' RP opertunities than the ones that existed on the Blizzard RP realms. I kept looking around for Private RP servers and eventually a friend of mine from 'The Sha'Tar' RP Realm pointed me over to The conquest of the Horde

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like to take part in all parts/types of RP, I like to taste a variation of enviroments and styles. Action scenes are always fun for a bit of energy and to keep the pace but a more melow scene is easier for exposition and character developement. Of course there are times when you need to stick to the middle ground to get a better balance... I guess it depends on the character I'm playing and the others I'm with. It tends to be more the people that make a scene enjoyable or not as opposed to the setting and style.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I've always liked the Forsaken as they have a massive range of backgrounds and ideas to them. you get to set up who they were before the scourge, what they remember of being a thrall to the LK, how they reacted to there freedom, how they see themselves and the other Forsaken and how they have found a new role or place in azeroth. as for class I've always liked the Warlock because (despite the view I have seen from most people) they have a many levels of motivation behind them, I find that too often do you find them as power hungry or evil but I see the oppertunities for those who do it for knowledge, those who seek to fight fire with fire, those who long for understanding of what exists beyond (to an almost theological level) and even more that I can call to mind right now.

What are your expectations of this server?:
what I'm expecting (and deeply hoping) to find here is a high quality of Roleplay and a decent quantity that isn't too hard to intergrate myself into. I've been hearing a lot of good things about the expanded options avaliable on private servers but I don't really know anything about them.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maturity, simply because what pushed me away from the Blizzard RP realms was the immaturity of some of the players was... distresing to say the least.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
A flash of light, soft yet bright, lit the sky followed swiftly by the booming roar of thunder. The ground shook gently with the force of it and Havelock snarled as his candle flickered in the cold. His dark grey eyes flicked to the window where rain thrashed at the wooden panels before grumbling and hunching deeper over the array of papers and complex tomes. Havelock twisted the black raven quill in his aged grip and scowled at the blank parchment in his left hand.

"why... why do you flee me?" His creaking voice cracked and hissed as he formed the words, the long hours without water and the long weeks without speaking left his mouth sluggish and weak. He dipped the nib into the crystal ink vial, the black ink shimmering red at the touch, before begining to scratch out the same design he had a thousand times over watching the precise lines and curves drift into each other. "yes... steady now..." he drew his hand back, the muscles shaking from the concentrated control and his frail health, The plague had wiped out the village not far away and he knew it wouldn't be long till it reached him in his 'safe' dwarven built home set into the mountainside.

Havelock set down the parchment and looked down on it, his eyes scanned over the design inspecting it again for any minute mistake. "It must work... It has to work..." He closed his eyes and splayed his open hands over the design and began intoning words that burned his throat and poured pain into his mind but he pressed on, he had to do it now, now or... it would be too late.

He opened his eyes and parted his hands to look upon his work only to watch it begin to fade away like blood dissapaiting in water. A tear began to form in his eye with a heat that stang, rage, fear and sorrow constricted his throat and twitched in his muscles. His voice seeped out as an echo of a whisper "no... it can't be..." Havelocks wrinkled fists slammed against the desk as he scattered the books, quills, inks and parchments across the floor and dragged himself to his feet, his voice rose to a shaking raging and desperate howl "Nooo! It should have worked! it had... to..." His voice trailed off and he stumbled back, his eyes drifting out of focus.

Havelock stumbled backwards and tripped over his chair, casting himself to the cold stone floor. He pulled his robe closer around himself as his lungs contorted coughing out a thick blackened blood, his body twitched and spasmed and his flesh grew cold and hsi focus distant. Havelock reached out grasping hand towards a photo on the desk as another rumble of Thunder shook the room, the candle rocked and fell onto the remaining papers, the rare inks acting as propelant and dragging the flame from the candle across the desk.

Havelock watched as his world grew cold and quiet and dark. The last thing he saw was the flames reaching up and devouring the face of the only one he cared for, the one he was willing to trade anything to save. "Jessicah"

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
The only thing I would like to say is that I really hope you approve me as I would love to start getting involved on your server and developing the character I've already started designing for a while now.
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, Policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.
Yes, welcome to the server! I like the story you made, a lot. I can truly understand how Havelock is feeling. Rather sad at the end but that's what really gets people.
Thank you both very much for the Welcome and thank you for the comment on my short story although I don't feel I get the sense of age across quite as well as I would have liked.
Ah. I didn't get the effect personally myself that he was old, but maybe someone who is suffering a plagued heart attack.
well he was suffering a plagued heart attack he just happened to be rather old aswell lol.

Ah well it just means I have some things to improve on