Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: MaskofMany`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I started roleplaying back in high school, having been introduced to it by my Rifts-playing friends at the age of 15. I had always been the imaginative daydreamer, writing stories & playing fantasy scenes in my head for as long as I can remember, so it was a natural fit.
Within 6 months, I had picked up everything from AD&D to Vampire: the Masquerade to GURPS.
When I finally discovered EverQuest (pre-expansions), it was like a dream come true. The way it blended the dynamics of tabletop roleplay with computer graphics was brilliant. I've been feeding on a steady diet of MMOs and tabletop games ever since.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was raised in the United States, and have lived in over a dozen states over my lifetime (mostly in the Midwest).

My primary language is English, although I tend to speak & write in British English rather than the American dialect. I'm also mildly fluent in l33t, though it pains me to admit it.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I actually picked up Warcraft II back when it was first released. The lore and distinctive graphic style drew me in almost immediately, and I eagerly snatched up the expansions & sequel. Naturally, when WoW was announced, I dropped EverQuest entirely. I've been fairly happy with it ever since.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I'm actually one of the more serious RPers on another private server. While trying to rebuild the RP community there, I heard from one of the players that there were one or two other RP servers in existence. Curious (and desperate for real RP), I found CotH through an exhaustive search online. I read the rules & wiki, and decided that it might be a good idea to try a new primary server.
I still play on the other one, but the lack of RP is steadily draining my enthusiasm for it. Even if the community over there revives, I'll still be a regular here (if I'm accepted, that is).

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Generally, I enjoy a mix of relaxed & action, either in small groups or pairs.
I'm not used to RPing in groups over 10 players or so, but I'm definitely willing to give it a shot.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Now this is a tough one.
Currently, two races are tied for title of My Favourite: blood elves and draenei. I like their physical appearances & lore, and the draenei's Romani-style culture has a huge appeal to me.

As for class, I'd have to say it's the Death Knights. They have a feel to them that's unlike anything else in the game.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I hope to find a friendly & fun roleplay environment; beyond that, I'm just happy to be playing.
I'm quite excited to see what the community here is like.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Honestly, I like the rule that states players should try to be in-character whenever possible. Nothing is more frustrating than being surrounded by people interacting, only to find that none of them RP.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
"Through here," the Blood Knight said, leading the young female into the chamber where she would take the final steps to joining the order. She had passed every test they had given her, but nothing prepared for what she was about to witness.

Anisala gazed in wonder at the imprisoned naaru. She barely heard the superior officer's instructions, so awestruck was she by the creature before her. "Sir, yes sir," she muttered in response to his order; he seemed so far away now. With unmasked reverence, the young paladin held out her hand to steal the thing's Light - and immedately recoiled in horror.

Waves of pain and misery washed over her as the enslaved naaru touched her mind, leaving behind the echo of a cry that would haunt her dreams for years to come. Anisala bolted from the chamber, oblivious to the frenzied outcry of the Blood Knights around her. She ran, far from the chamber and the maddening pain in her head.

She had failed the test, and would not join the Knights today. But in those moments when their minds met, the naaru had shown the blood elf another way. Another path to the Light... and Anisala was determined to seek it out, no matter the cost.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I haven't had the time to go over the entire Warcraft history; while I have a general working knowledge of the lore, I may occasionally have questions or need to be corrected on a detail here & there... at least, until I've caught up on everything.
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, Policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.

As for understanding for lore, do not worry so much over it. Should you have any questions there are multiple fansites containing pages and pages of lore and should that fail, ask on the forums. Someone is always willing to help in that regard.
That was fast!

Thank you so much. I'm very happy to join your community.