Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: ObviouslyJesus`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Isabel, reporting for duty!

I guess I'll just tell you my life story. Born and raised in Paris, France to an Athenian father and a French mother; I lived a fairly privileged life up until I was about eight, and then I moved to San Francisco, California, because my father got a better job here, in the States.. And that's where I've lived ever since, I currently attend a sports oriented school, where I am the captain of the girl's soccer team! I just recently completed my Junior year of High School, and was pleased to learn that I've been accepted to Stanford University to play soccer there, for four years!

However until then, I don't have much spare time - To ensure that my scholarship remains well, there for me, I need to keep playing soccer well and ensure that my grades don't drop. With the free time that I do have, I like to hang out with my friends, go on long walks on the beach, do lots of girl thangs, and yes... You guessed it, play video games! Aside from WoW, I play the Halo series, the Call of Duty series, Fable and the Gears of War series (I fucking love Gears of War).

My birthday is on September 3rd, and I plan on getting some sort of tattoo, somewhere - Any suggestions? (What, you did say this could be anything!)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
The United States! San Francisco, Californa - I was born in Paris, France and I am half french, half greek (An interesting combination, no?) So technically my first languages are Greek and French, however I do speak English fluently.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Oh Lord, reminiscing over the past! As a young girl, I -adored- Blizzard games, the first Blizzard game that I ever played was Diablo I, then Diablo II, Starcraft/Starcraft Brood War, and then Warcraft 2. Of course this love evolved, and I couldn't bring myself to play any computer game that wasn't developed by Blizzard! I played Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos, and The Frozen Throne - I was overjoyed when I heard that World of Warcraft was coming out, unfortunately I didn't actually start roleplaying until patch 2.4.3, which was the Zul'Aman patch, I think. Before that though, I did PvP and PvE on my awesome and sexy shaman, Izabell (See what I did there, Is - a - bell? Lawl). My roleplaying career though started on private GM servers, where I was essentially free to do whatever I wanted, and roleplay whatever I wanted - I did that for roughly three, or four years... Playing things that ranged from peons to Dragons, I've come here looking for a break from that, as I stated above.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Actually, I've known about CotH for quite some time now, I just never summed up the courage to complete that quiz that you had implemented into your requirements for joining the server! I was so scared that I might fail, and be like... Trolled, God forbid! But now that that atrocious quiz is gone, I figured why not listen to my buddy, and try it out!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I tend to stray away from Alliance roleplay, excepting the Night Elves, whose Lore I adore just as much as the Horde's (Hurr, that rhymed). Although many think that Horde roleplay, more specifically orc, troll and tauren roleplay, is centered around combat and barbarism, I tend to take a different approach whilst roleplaying these races. I come from a long line of private servers where you've been able to apply for Prestige Classes, and honestly I've grown tired of overpowered people running around, thinking that they're Lore characters (Forgive me for bitching in my intro thread, hopefully it wont hinder my chances of being accepted). Back on topic though, all of the classes that I would apply for were of Shamanistic, or 'Spiritual' descent. Whether it was my Spirit Champion, Far Seer or Shadow Hunter, I've always been fascinated with this type of RP that is entirely dedicated to spiritualism, tranquility and most of all, wisdom!

However, I too enjoy a good 'ol scruffle between two battle hardened combatants! Coming in a close second for favorite types of RP is: Combat RP. I adore combat roleplay, even if I lose, if my character dies to further immerse the people who are roleplaying with me, then so be it! I don't consider myself a god emoter, or a power gamer and I've actually been looking for a server where there aren't any, from what I've heard (I mean this in a good way!) your staff is brimming with hard asses, and people that don't tolerate bullshit (Forgive my language, derp).

Another thing that I enjoy is faction based RP, where a guild is dedicated to a specific race or group of people. For example, a guild that is based in Hammerfall whose main goal is to combat the League of Arathor who reside on the Arathi Highlands. It doesn't really matter to me all that much how the group or guild is affiliated with the faction, it could be a cult, a tribe, a clan.. etc. etc. I simply enjoy the ability to RP a single race, and RP with people -of- that race.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite races are Trolls and Orcs, Night Elves come in a close second. I think I stated the reasons above, but I'll state them again in a more condensed form: I like them because they're entirely oriented with some form of higher, spiritual being - for Orcs, the Spirits. For Trolls, the Loa and for Night Elves, Elune. All three of the races that I said above can be both wise, but brutal and vicious, making them the perfect most awesome denizens of Azeroth.

My favorite class varies, I do enjoy roleplaying as a Mage, or even a simple warrior from time to time - But two classes will remain constant, the Shaman and the Druid. These two classes are classes that I will -never- get bored of playing as, they're just awesome in every way imaginable.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to get some elite roleplay (ERP, kek), where people know what they're doing and know how to play the races and classes that they have chosen to play correctly and the way that the people who wrote WoW Lore intended them to be played. Hopefully I joined the right server!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Honestly, the rule that grabbed my attention more than any of the others was your rule on humility. I could not agree more, people need to learn how to incorporate others into their RP, and not be afraid to play the supporting character in whatever roleplay they may find themselves in. I know that is something that even I have to work on, and something that I will be working on here (If I get accepted).

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
These forests were peaceful, once... My sisters and I would happily and joyously dance about the mighty tree trunks that littered our homeland, singing wondrous songs - words of praise to the Goddess of the Pale Moon. However all good things must come to an end...

I found myself atop a hill, beads of sweat running down my brow as a observed the battle from a fairly well covered vantage point. Seething flames had consumed all that I had once loved, their gnawing and conniving teeth of red and orange hue mocking me, beckoning for me to charge forth and abandon my assigned post to donate my body to the ever rising heap of corpses that littered the once verdant ground of Ashenvale - I dare not though, for Captain Istharia's word is absolute.

The front line had fallen, I quickly readied my bow, drawing a single arrow and placing it upon my finger and along the draw string in one fluid, practiced motion. A breath of smoggy, smoke riddled air would fill my lungs and I held my breath, patiently awaiting the chance-.. No, the opportunity to take vengeance upon those who had so mercilessly slain my brothers and sisters in battle. My heart began to beat at a more rapid pace, evolving from a methodical thumping to an accelerated, thunderous beating of the grandest of Elven War drums.

However, even I wasn't quick enough - A tsunami of black tipped arrows would burst forth from the ominous darkness, felling my entire company. A single arrow struck me with a force that rivaled that of a Druid of the Claw, whilst taking on the avatar of a grizzly bear. I fell flat on my back, dropping my yew longbow instantly - From my lips came a screech of sheer, unchastised pain. My hand slowly drifted to where the pain's source had originated, my stomach.. The jagged arrow's tip had pierced my unarmored midsection, and blood flowed freely from not just the wound, but from my open mouth. Although my will to live was strong, I could feel Elune's grace fading from me - Soon enough I shall take my place amongst the stars with my fallen comrades.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope! Not right now, I'm sure I'll think of a few after you look over my application though! Thanks for reading.
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, Policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.
I love you. Isabel.
You shall fit in well here! :D
"My birthday is on September 3rd, and I plan on getting some sort of tattoo, somewhere - Any suggestions? (What, you did say this could be anything!)"

Eh, I would suggest not to get one, but if you do, get like a cross on your left shoulder back. If your not a Christian, then get a butterfly or whatever. Or if your really into Blizzard... Get a murloc. :3
Yea, I might just get a murloc tattooed on my left butt cheek.
I have three tattoos, one of a turtle on my calf, a sun on my wrist, and the moon on my other. Get something that represents you in some sort of way, perhaps an animal that symbolizes your personality. The turtle I got has nothing to do with my personality in any way LOL