Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Clarie`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
My name is Clarissa and I'm 16 years of age. I've been an avid gamer from a young age because I've been homeschooled for a long time and found there was little else to do. However, I'm now majoring in illustration (so I draw on a daily basis) and I also jam on the electric guitar, but I still play my favourite games (usually RPGs) when I have time. I played Warcraft 3 and the Frozen Throne, so I'm more or less familiar with some Warcraft lore and I have flipped through the lore pages, but I'm no where near as informed as some players might be. I'm a learn-as-I-go-along kind of girl, and I'm pretty good at picking things up.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from South Africa. I was born into an Afrikaans family, but my English is more than adequate. I use UK spelling.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My older brother loved all sorts of games and introduced me to Warcraft 3 & The Frozen Throne when I was 10 or 11. I played the game until my eyes started to hurt. I've wanted to play World of Warcraft ever since I heard of it. I decided to start saving enough money to buy the game and the two expansion packs earlier this year and played for three months until my game time ran out.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I created a character on a retail RP server, but never got around to some actual roleplaying. I was very eager to try it out (and still am). I couldn't afford to pay for my retail account any longer, so I looked up a WoW RP server, though I thought they would be scarce. CotH was the first result so I jumped.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I did some roleplaying back in the day (non-WoW), but I wouldn't say I'm an expert. I have no real preferred roleplay, but I'm open minded and willing to try a few out.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I think Blood Elves and I think Death Knights. A Blood Elf DK is just fun to play for some reason. If you mean my favourite race/class to roleplay, then I have no idea, as I've never really WoW roleplayed before.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect this to be a fun roleplaying server with a friendly community. If I may add, I like the system for approval and such; much less chance for people who want to join for the sole purpose of harassing players.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Well, most of the rules are pretty standard and that's definitely not a bad thing. The rules that appeal to me most could be "Keyboard Skills" and "Godmodding", maybe even "Plagiarism". I also like how there are no Mary-Sues allowed (though I don't think this is stated in the linked page.)

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Is it alright if I pasted a paragraph or two from a WoW fanfiction I was trying to write? I don't think it's very good, but hopefully it's good enough!

** = This quote is meant to be in Italics, as it is a thought. I felt I should clarify this beforehand.

“Stop! Thief!” cried the blacksmith, as a young Blood Elf made off with one of his newly crafted daggers. “Guards, we have a thief in the city!” The elven thief smirked cunningly as the weaponsmith yelled in desperation. Two guards promptly responded to the smith's cry for help and were hot on the thief's trail.
“Halt, you low-life! Don't make this harder for yourself!” one of the guards fiercely commanded.
“Catch me if you can!” the young blood elf mocked, and turned into an alley. Much to his dismay, the guards were right behind him. “Silly, Ty. Turning into dark alleyways, an escape does not make.”** The shoplifter took a split second to glance around and spotted a low wall, and flung himself over its edge and into the lake behind it. His pursuers came to a skidding halt at the wall and stared into the water, waiting for any signs of activity. Their efforts were fruitless, as the Blood Elf had already swam half of the distance to the shore on the opposite side of the lake. Frustrated with their inability to catch a petty thief, the guards returned to the blacksmith empty-handed.
The dagger-thief sat down on the sand to catch his breath. He searched his pouch for the dagger he had swiped just a few minutes ago, and was surprised to find that his bag was empty. He reclined backwards, onto the sand, sighing in disappointment and after a moment, he let out a mischievous snicker. It was not the first time he lost his loot while making an escape, but it didn't matter. The young Blood Elf loved the chase; the exhilarating rush of escaping the guards. The thrill alone fueled him enough to remain a thief.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Although I've never participated in WoW roleplaying before, I hope to gain that experience from playing this server. I'm a fast learner and I'll try my very best; so for that reason I hope I'll be accepted into the community. Thanks for reading my introduction!
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, Policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.

Welcome aboard to the realm of Roleplaying, I assure you that you will be taken in with open arms here. We tend to be very lenient on those who are just starting and if you need any questions about lore answered I suggest either A) Visiting wowpedia.org or B) Posting here, I'm sure anyone would be willing to help you out! Again welcome aboard and good luck!