Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: How to be a Martyr in a Few Simple Steps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed.
-Winston Churchill
-------------------------------
Annabelle had been nearly dragged from the Catacombs to Elwynn, all the while struggling against Naraith's grip. Every strike against him elicited a pleased response. She continued anyway, knowing he wanted to frighten her with his reaction. Sagi, proud as always, and the gnome Sasslyn walked close by

I suppose this is what I get for running off alone. Eon's probably furious with me. When I find Cole...

Eventually Sagi would select what he deemed the perfect spot for Annabelle's execution. A large oak atop a small gnoll overlooking the river between Duskwood and Elwynn.

Always an artist aren't you?

Alexas?

Annabelle still struggled, more out of the pleasure she got from being frustrating than from any real hope of escape. Sagi then drew a knife, the edge laced in black liquid, and lightly sliced her hand. Annabelle went numb and limp in a matter of moments.

...no pain? How kind.

Now a doll in their hands, she was positioned to sit against the oak. Her head hung limp, and her eyes stared at the green grass. Sagi continued to arrange the scene, as always the one to put on a show. Annabelle was stripped, and then dressed in white. The grass around her was killed, dead flowers sprinkled about. White rabbits, fur white as snow, were killed and arranged. The daggers that ended them still protruded from their bodies.

Don?

Annabelle sat their limp, powerless. Sagi began to carve words into the trunk above her. She could not see them. Flakes of bark floated down atop her.

You think I fear death? I wonder how many people have died twice...

Will you all be upset with me? I am...

Sagi kneeled beside her once his work was finished. He lectured her about not respecting the shadow's power.

Respect? You speak to me of respect? I who never once wanted to slaughter you and your ilk like the others?

...sorry.

Then he whispered to her. A single word Annabelle is unsure she even heard. She inhales, her eyes widen the slightest bit. Then she is still. Even more still than when rendered immobile by the poison. She does not exhale, her eyes stare like glass orbs at the dead grass.

Sagi, Sasslyn, and Naraith depart with their worked finished. None notice the smallest hint of a smile upon the late little leader's lips.
----------------------------
Rezzers: Voran, Aliana, Daas.
Drawbacks: Intermittent loss of sensation in poisoned arm, night terrors from shadow magic, increased weakness to poison. All long-term.
“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times….”

Voran Brightsun walked up the ramp, a bottle of wine in tow, and Aliana the druid at his side. As he walked up, he glanced at the small group gathered.

“The best, because I had booze. Good booze at that, not the cheap rum I usually fill my flask with. The worst, of course, was because Annabelle's corpse was in front of me.”

Voran glanced at each person assembled. “Bah, that strange human with the hood is still around.” He then walked up to Annabelle's frozen corpse and examined her. The ice had still not melted. He looked over his shoulder to Aroes. “Dispel the rest of the ice, will you?” Aroes looked up from his spellbook, he was clearly annoyed that Voran had broken his focus. Never less, Aroes did as Voran asked.

“Haven't been respected like this for some time….”

Voran looked to Daas and motioned him over. He then looked at the group, “Time for all of you to leave.” He breathed a sigh of relief as they left, he expected much more trouble from the hooded human and Reigen. After taking a look at Annabelle, he looked to the two, “So, there's three of us, this should be rather simple. We simply cleanse her of any shadow left, then bring her back.” Voran and Daas both began to channel light into Annabelle's corpse.

“I could use a drink….”

Voran turned to Aliana, who couldn't help purge the shadow due to the nature of her magic. “Pour me a glass, would you?” The druid gave Voran a nasty look, but did as he asked.

“Come on, I've only had one glass! Everyone assumes I'm just drunk, all day, every day….”

After a moment, Voran and Daas stopped channeling the light, satisfied that they had cleansed her. “Time to get to work then.” He places his hands slightly above Annabelle's chest. Aliana placed her hands on Annabelle, and channeled a soothing green light into her. Daas placed his hands near her and poured light in as well.

A great flash of white light erupted from the top floor of the inn. The three continued to pour their magic into Annabelle. After about ten minutes had past, Voran placed his hands on to Annabelle's heart. Their three lights merged into one, and another great flash of light, this one yellow in color, came from the inn.

The three looked to Annabelle. She still had her eyes shut, but was clearly alive. Voran let out a deep sigh, then grabbed his staff and walked off.

“I need another damn drink.”
(( I wanna read more, but that shade of blue hurts my eyes q_q ))
((Updated with a new color, sorry.))
(( I love it! ))