Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: drake010`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, i have an artist type of mind set, so I enjoy change and difference a lot. Like, on retail, I'm addicted to rolling new characters. I have an 80 lock, not even fully geared for raiding. I have a 50 Shaman with Heirloom gear, and i just bought more Heirloom gear for my mage... its horrible i never get anything done. (raid progression wise)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
United States, and I speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
This guy from Arizona started going to my school. He came with his mom who was attending school here, and i always knew about wow, but i never even thought twice about getting into it. Anyways, this guy was...for lack of a lesser harsh word, "obsessed". He played, his mom played, his mom's boyfriend played, his uncle played. Sometimes id go over to their house and it was like a warcraft party. Bret had been into warcraft before the mmo, and if i ever got him talking about it he'd just go on and on. I was amazed by all the online adventures he was having and i just had to have it... but after about 2 years of it, DPS, Talent specs, and GS were the least of my concerns. I was curious about the history of Azeroth. I would question everything that didn't seem of much importance to the other players. I then joined one of the rp servers on retail, but after another year i realized, these people were just role playing everyday normal lives. Go to the bar, drink, get in a fight from being drunk, find a blood elf female, and ERP. I hated it, they knew nothing more then the people on normal servers. So now I'm in search of something more to my liking. Private serves seem like just the thing.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Google. Your the first link, guys. I, for some unknown reason, never gave you all a chance though. I guess i figured: "First link, lots of people." but after seeing the other rp servers out there, i figured i might need a big community.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Oh...Tavern RP? i guess thats what i just ridiculed those players for on retail...either way, the lore was still beyond them. Anyways..I absolutely and positively love, love, love, when a group of completely different individuals, with deep back grounds, and unique personalities and abilities, come together and take on an amazing adventure. When they learn from each others mistakes, stories, strengths... That is my RP dream.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Oh man... Unfortunately I'm caught between the beauty of the alliance races and scenery, and the horde's seemingly much more interesting back ground and history. (In my opinion, they're just easier to make stories for.) I would say the only race I would openly promote (even out side of warcraft) are the Forsaken. I can feel and understand their anger and depression. I can't relate to it in any way though... I just love their "We're with the horde for the convenience. We're just using you for personal gain. You mean nothing." Kind of mentality. Its just way wicked cool. As for class... As stated in my first answer, I love change and difference, so the Druid is the ideal class for me. However when RPing, I'm usually one of the casters classes.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Well I've been in uncomfortably restricted RP servers with a lot of rules, and I've been on servers that need a LOT more authority and rules. I'm hoping that this is somewhere just in between.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The whole Role playing clarification part. More specifically: "This includes claiming titles for your character that you have not earned through roleplay on this server. As one example, do not make a character claiming to be the leader or high-ranking officer of an established organization." Now normally ill go and apply for a mod change to a Arakkoa race, and ill RP the Ambassador of the Skettis exiles of Draenor. My goal was to join the alliance, put Kirrik The Awakened into power, Take down Talon King Ikiss, and retake Skettis as our capital city. It was a very interesting role to play and i love the arakkoa. My title was "Ambassador". Im not sure if you guys do applications for that because i haven't browsed the forums completely. It doesn't seem like you do though, and thats perfectly fine, I just thought it was interesting. Anyways I'm glad you clarified that. This way we'll actually progress as a character and make history and stories for our characters AS were playing.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I think I'll save this for later.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
What really bugs me about other servers is certain things not working. Reoccurringly: the spell Blink, the spell Levitate, the spell Slow fall (as well as glyphs that remove the need for reagents for both spells) and a real bummer, the spell Mirror image. Mirror image usually just makes a little ghost appear on the private servers. Now i could be totally newbish and not know that thats what happens in retail, cause i haven't leveled a mage to 80 yet, but i thought itd be cool to have actual copies of the caster you know?
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde! :3

Lok'tar Ogar! Greetings and Salutations, and all of that! Hehe. Upon entering the game for the first time, please /join chat for game related questions and conversations and /join barrens for a more silly shenanigan filled atmosphere!

In the meantime, please make sure you are familiar with our Rules, Policies, and FAQ's. If you haven't, also check out the Wiki! It's pretty cool. In response to your last statement, I do believe Mirror Image works just fine on our server. If you do encounter any major bugs, you can report them on the forum.

Hope you enjoy yourself and we look forward to seeing you in there! Happy Rping! ^-^