Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: bonoyj`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
My name is Joel Bonoyer. I am 35 years old, have a family of five (wife, 2 girls, 1 boy) and I work as a manufacturing technician for a large information storage company. I am a past fan of WOW that has recently become interested in getting back into the fold.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from the US and speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My initial introduction to WOW was through friends at work who talked me into joining them on the main Blizzard server. My bout with them, unfortunately, only lasted the 30 day trial period as I was not able to play as often as would substantiate the monthly access fees. I was informed at that time of the private server naxp and began playing the game there. It was this server that ended my run with WOW after a few months as I found the further into the game I went the more bugs showed up and, resultingly, the more frustrated I became. Unfortunately I failed to find another server at the time that hosted a simple, straight-forward RP environment (I'm not much into the surprise battles and fancy add-ons some of these sites seem to love to throw in).

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Lately I've had some extra time on my hands that will soon no longer be taken up by yard work and play time with the kids as school and winter are fast approaching. I found your site through google searches and yours was at the top of the "WOW private RP server" list. Reading through your website, from what I see so far, I think you are what I'm looking for. I appreciate the focus on mature, respectful game play and your strict adherence to screening policies that would keep a certain level of control over those that would not otherwise comply.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
My roleplaying style is pretty simple. I enjoy emmersing myself into the game and enjoying the story as it plays out. I prefer to play on my own but I also appreciate the common necessity to help a fellow player in need and, in turn, receive help from another when things get hairy.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite races/classes are Elven hunters and Human warriors. I find the Elven Hunter to be easier to level up with quickly and that through the first 30 or so levels it seems to be easier to stand alone with this character where the Human Warrior becomes much more challenging at the lower levels although the pay-off later in the game seems greater. Keep in mind I have limited overall experience with the game as my gameplay lasted only about 6 months and I had to rebuild several characters within that time while I searched around for different private servers to try.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I hope that my gut is right about your server and my expectations would be only that the playing environment is reflective of the rules and standards that have been set out in the forum.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
As I stated earlier, I certainly appreciate the expectations of high levels of maturity while on the site. I even like the succinct manner that these expectations are spelled out. It's refreshing for once to be on a forum that was put together by those that have at least the capacity to communicate a clear and intelligent message.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I'm not much for story-telling and this is not the type of RP that I prefer. The story of my character develops through the game. Unfortunately my imagination leaves a lot to be desired in this aspect. I hope this does not count as a huge negative against me.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde! :3

Lok'tar Ogar! Greetings and Salutations, and all of that! Hehe. Upon entering the game for the first time, please /join chat for game related questions and conversations and /join barrens for a more silly shenanigan filled atmosphere!

In the meantime, please make sure you are familiar with our Rules, Policies, and FAQ's. If you haven't, also check out the Wiki! It's pretty cool.

Hope you enjoy yourself and we look forward to seeing you in there! Happy Rping! ^-^