Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: darkmeer`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm a 45 year old who has been gaming since his early teens in one way or another. I started playing out of the original D&D blue box back in the day, gradually graduating to games like Vampire:the Masquerade and Shadowrun. When I became computer literate, it followed me online to the old WBS chatroom style boards. The Inn of The Weary Traveler being my favorite at that time. Neverwinter Nights on the Amia server has been my latest Role Playing experience online.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
United States, in New York. English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I've beaten every Warcraft game since its introduction. Warcraft III being my favorite. Never really thought about WoW until I started seeing the private servers start up. In all seriousness, I'd be a WoW newby with history but no actual in time gameplay.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I actually was just looking for a private server to try WoW out, downloaded the game, logged on, watched the chat with all the swearing and bull being slung and logged off. Now, don't think I'm a pansy when it come to slinging swear words, but there is a time and place for it. Not on a server where the kids swear worse than the adults.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Adventuring in a party is by far my favorite. All the interaction by characters makes the game more alive to me. People like me, playing the characters how THEY want them to be played. Anyone can say tough and funny. But can you MAKE them tough and funny through your Role Playing.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Dwarf Fighters. Blame it on Dragonlance and the Drizzt books. Cantankerous and hardboiled with a funny edge is my favorite.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Good interaction with others. Not being looked down on if you have to ask a question. Or made fun of because you don't know something a dedicated WoW gamer might know. It may take me a few days, but I'll get the game down pat.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect, Tolerance, Maturity and Keyboard skills.

Its hard to RP if you have to puzzle out another persons bad spelling.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
One of my favorite RP experiences was on the Amia server playing Neverwinter Nights. I had logged on as a brand spanking new halfling thief and was in the sewers killing rats to gain a level or two before looking for bigger game. I ran into a female orc and a human mage and we just started RPing as we adventured. Ended up with the female orc having a crush on my character (Being hugged by a female orc after she's eaten fish is no fun I can tell you.) and the whole RP was posted for everyone to enjoy and read. I got a small prize from the staff for that.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope. Your rules are very well stated and understood by me. Most of them were basic common sense after all. And I really look forward to RPing on your server.
Welcome to the server!