Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Thorgash`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
My name is Joel, I am 21, and a Fine Arts student with a passion for creativity. I have a year and a half of experience playing PlaneShift, but due to the lowering grade of RP there, decided to move on. Whilst a part of that community I created a game area for the game, was a prospect member of the development team, and created and ran a successful guild, which I have now handed over to my brother to look after (his standard of role-play is not as high as mine, as he is only 16).

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from New Zealand, and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My first MMORPG was PlaneShift, where I played on the role-play server. In January this year I decided to give WoW a try over summer, really liked the settings, style and content, but was not happy with their so called "role-play servers". This caused me to return to PlaneShift, especially once the long grinding of WoW kicked in and I found the game less satisfying.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Someone posted a link to the site on the PlaneShift forums, and upon reading the rules and information, I decided that it offered much more of what I wanted compared to the comparative, continuously relaxing standards in the PlaneShift community.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I prefer adventurous role-plays, and I also prefer to build up a character through social roleplaying (ie. towns and taverns, making friends and contacts), and partaking in character-vs.-character fighting when the IC situation would demand, and only then. Other than that I enjoy exploring the game world and learning more about the lore and settings.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My first WoW character was an Orc Hunter (a friend recommended so) and I enjoyed that style of play as I didn't know the game, and so I kept to myself, out in the wilds. As I realized WoW had absolutely no roleplay standards, I tried an Undead Warrior out for a week, with mixed results.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect (based on the rules) some great role-play and an OOCly friendly/polite community. I wonder a little how I will set the WoW chat box to work, but other than that I expect some epic adventures, some immersive story-lines, and a gaming experience with real role-playing.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
No powergaming. In PlaneShift this is a huge problem within the community, as all characters can train as much as they please in any skill. This meant that players often trained their character in almost everything under the sun, and there were too many super-hero characters charging around. It also meant that there was little need for characters to rely on each other, and it took the "role" out of "role-playing" for me.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I wish to complete this later, upon having played for some time.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
No, apart from the fact I appreciate the clarity and solid rules.
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.
I'm 16, but I guess my standards don't fit your standards, Xoel.

Anyways, welcome to the server, just remember this isn't the battleground that PS is.
Welcome!

Hopefully you will try another Orc character or four!